Starting RB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Samkon Gado and Ahman Green will "split" time, which means Gado will be the starter without busting Ahmans balls, and Najeh in some short situations.

So...my guess is GADO!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was probably those 2 games where he had 100 yards..before halftime.

It also might have been because he was explosive out of the backfield and improved weekly, showing he could be coached and compete as a starter in the NFL.

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, so you are saying his one good year should give him a starting spot just like that. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

In fact, Gado is so good, I'm sure that every team is making offers left and right to try to get GB to trade this guy. I bet he could start for the Chargers, the Giants, the Seahawks. Hell, let's give him a seat in the Hall of Fame right now. To hell with that. Let's make him emperor of the planet.

How about that? Does that suit you?

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
Oh, so you are saying his one good year should give him a starting spot just like that. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

In fact, Gado is so good, I'm sure that every team is making offers left and right to try to get GB to trade this guy. I bet he could start for the Chargers, the Giants, the Seahawks. Hell, let's give him a seat in the Hall of Fame right now. To hell with that. Let's make him emperor of the planet.

How about that? Does that suit you?

whoever wins the battle will be starter.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you...wanted to know why he was a "choice."

I told you why he's a..."choice"

I don't know if you got the OTHER memo, that our offensive line sucked last year. Gado, doing what he did with a crappy offensive line is pretty impressive.

Nobody is saying that he's going to the hall of fame.lol.

:crazy:

edit- im going to bed now...you have fun talkin crazy talk with yourself.

brewcrew1702

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok I know I'm not an everyday poster on this forum, but I am a regular and I think that you have to look at this logically Jeezus instead of throwing around all your arguements that we all know aren't true.

Of course Gado won't be HOF or even have a chance at starting for teams like the Chargers, Giants, and Seahawks. But when considering what went on last year (even when Green was healthy) we have to give Gado the chance that he deserves. He outplayed Green anyway you look at it healthy or hurt. I have no doubt in my mind that Green is the better back and has the past behind him, but Gado proved that he has abilities and does deserve his chance too. Afterall, he did outplay half of the backs in the league with one of the worst lines in front of him...give him a chance too.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
Oh, so you are saying his one good year should give him a starting spot just like that.

If he outplays Green and Davenport in camp, I don't see why he shouldn't get a starting spot. He had a good year in '05. In fact, I feel that one good year deserves a starting spot moreso than one good year deserves a midcontract multi-million dollar raise, keys to the corner office and a ******* from Bob Harlan (aka Javon "ME! ME! ME!" Walker).

JeezusJuice said:

The question was who will win the starting job in GB, not whether Gado was the premiere tailback in the league. Please try to stay on topic.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Way too early to tell.

Green and Davenport both showed for mini-camp but were limited to light running on the side due to injury.

If Green recovers he will be the starter -- but some reports are speculating that he will not be ready until deep into camp or perhaps after the season starts. Add to that their are no guarantees he will fully recover.

I like Gado, but you can not do a straight up comparison between what Green and Gado did last season for several reasons:

First, teams game planned against stopping Green -- and doubled that focus in game planning around him the moment Walker went down. By the time Gado was playing the primary focus of game planning was to take Driver away from Favre.

Second, Green was running behind a crippled offensive line that had no timing. Flanagan could hardly stand up and needed help getting up off the ground if he went down. The Packers were starting a 7th round rookie who had not played a second of NFL ball at one guard and another who had never played guard before. Bubba Franks, one of the best blocking TE in football had not practiced one day -- and was immediately injured. THERE WAS NO TIMING OR COORDINATION when Green was running in an offensive blocking scheme that was totally predicated on timing. By the time Gado was playing they had half a season of playing together under their belts (and see first point).

I am still hoping for a Green recovery -- when healthy he was the top rusher in the NFL from 2000 through 2004, is great catching the ball and making something happen on check downs and creates headaches for defensive coordinators and tacklers. But at this point it is only a HOPE -- much like what we HOPE Gado is that rare jewel that is found in the place you least expect it.

Here is to HOPE.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is that whoever battles it out in practice and in preseason will be the starter. I think that Green will start simply because he is a veteren and is more experienced than Gado. Who will be starting by the end of the season? I think it will be Gado. I think he will get more carries than Green this year. I think Green is going to start until he gets hurt and then Gado will come in.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:lol: My guess is the coaches will decide during training camp. My personal preference is Gado; believe he's earned a shot assuming he doesn't screw up in camp.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey jeezus are you ****ing retarded? Why in the hell wouldnt the pakers give this guy a chance. What in the hell you act like someone just called him god and he sucks. Which he doesnt. So next time you post something make sure you think before you type.

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point anyone's guess is as good as another. But since I like to guess I'll put in my two cents worth.

I believe all three will see playing time. I believe it will be very tough for Green to recover from his injury and he may get the least playing time of the three. I think Davenport wins the job but Gado will see plenty of time when we need a different style runner.

I would be happy to see all three in such a tight race that they all play and we are able to mix up the offense to confuse the defenses against us.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys, just returned from a little R&R in South Florida.

Green will no doubt be the starter. I expect that this is a given at this point. Green had a terrible year last year before the injury but alot of this had to do with the O-Line. Granted Gado ran behind the same O-Line but he ran behind it later in the season when the O-Line guys had some time to improve and learn from thier mistakes along with the coaching staff doing the same.

I love Gado but they could have very easily let Green and Davenport walk this year if they wanted to start Gado. At the beginning of the year I expect Green to get the majority of the carries with Davenport spelling him for a few series a game. Gado will be put in here or there. It should keep Gado hungary and if he can out perform Green could be given the nod to start in 2007

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green will be the starter with Gado and Najeh in the mix to keep him fresh and all the RB'S fresh because that is what we try to do. We dont want to have 1 main guy out there every play and get him tired.

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol @ 11ty thousand ifs in this thread
gopackgo4 said:
Hey jeezus are you ****ing retarded? Why in the hell wouldnt the pakers give this guy a chance. What in the hell you act like someone just called him god and he sucks. Which he doesnt. So next time you post something make sure you think before you type.
Hey gopack are you ****ing retarded? Where in the hell did I say Gado would not get a chance at winning the starting job? Which I didn't. So next time you post something make sure you think before you type.

Look, I could give Gado all the chances in the world, he is still not going to beat out a Pro Bowler, Ahman Freaking Green, and one of the better second-string RBs in the league, Najeh, for a STARTING job; holy ****. Gado would be fourth on the list if Tony was still here.

Reaction score
JJ and gopackgo4, GROW UP. KEEP THE NAMECALLING OUT OF THIS, PM EACH OTHER TO TALK TRASH! ALL THE MEMBERS CAN THANK YOU TWO FOR HAVING THIS THREAD LOCKED.

*LOCKED*

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts