Starting RB for 2006?

Wimbo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys & girls. Who is going to be the primary RB in GB this year?

Reaction score
Ahman if healthy is #1.

****** if healthy is #2.

Gado is #3.

I think Ahman can have an explosive year if healthy, because the zone blocking is something he is familiar with, and something that plays to his strengths.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Ahman if healthy is #1.

****** if healthy is #2.

Gado is #3.

I think Ahman can have an explosive year if healthy, because the zone blocking is something he is familiar with, and something that plays to his strengths.

Agreed AADP. I didn't like the way Gado ran in the scrimmage. He looks really indecisive and confused. With Greens speed he couldget alot of nice runs on cutbacks.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If healthy, Ahman could have a monster year. He is a decisive, powerful, downhill runner. No juke or jive.....shoulders down, hit the hole, gone....

I sure hope he can put it together this year.

Reaction score
On a side related note, does anyone else think that this specific system will allow Ahman to be the #1 back for a couple of years, ie. the fact that he will loose speed entering his 30's might not be a big factor. Just my opinion.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah I'm sure Green will have a great 1000+ season (if healthy like you guys said)

I like Najeh Davenport and could see atleast 400 yards him and Gado has a lot of the same potential

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Lare said:
I'm not so sure the starting RB for this year is even on our roster yet.

Interesting, do expand.

In reading all the TC reports I still haven't seen where any RB is really knocking anybody's socks off. And that's a problem for a team that is going to be "run first" with their offensive scheme. They seem to have put all their eggs in the "Green" basket, hoping he'll return 100% from injury. If it looks like he will, they may stand pat with what they have and hope for the best.

But if he doesn't, I look for TT to make a move right around final cutdown time, probably with another team that utilizes the zone blocking scheme so that they don't have to start from scratch training them. We're fortunate to have some very valuable commodities on the interior DL right now. Whoever get's released isn't going to make it past waivers anyway, so if TT is smart he'll get something for them. My guess is that it'll be a running back.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i read somewhere that in ahmans brief time back there this season... the coaches are very impressed... something like, "thats the way its supposed to be done" of course hes not practicing at full strength but it is a positive.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green needs to get on the field before he reclaims his #1 spot in my opinion. Like him or not and I know he's done amazing things for the Pack in the past but the fact is he wasn't any good when he was healthy a year ago. So until I see Green in the lineup and playing well, I'm going to go with Gado as the #1 guy.

No matter who starts, it's going to be by committee. McCarthy will probably give the ball to whoever is playing well that day.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts