Sources: Big Ben suspension coming by tuesday

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Completely agree with it. How in the world is he put in this kind of position TWICE???? He's killing the image of the Steelers and the NFL, regardless if he's guilty or not.

I'm not one to rave about players morale and public image, but there's a limit. If he's an *******, if he drinks too much, then it's his problem. But when he harms other people, or puts himself in a position to be accused of so TWICE, then he should face a 2-4 games suspension...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I'm a fan of innocent until proven guilty, I believe the NFL needs to suspend Ben and it needs to be at least 4 games, thought an 8 game suspension wouldn't surprise me. He violated the player conduct policy by putting himself in this situation not once, but twice. The second person even goes so far as to say he ***** her.

I think we can all agree things happen with superstar athletes. It's way too easy to make false claims in an attempt to extort money. That said, when you have two claims by two different, unrelated women in two completely different locations, it's time to start paying attention.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I'm a fan of innocent until proven guilty, I believe the NFL needs to suspend Ben and it needs to be at least 4 games, thought an 8 game suspension wouldn't surprise me. He violated the player conduct policy by putting himself in this situation not once, but twice. The second person even goes so far as to say he ***** her.

I think we can all agree things happen with superstar athletes. It's way too easy to make false claims in an attempt to extort money. That said, when you have two claims by two different, unrelated women in two completely different locations, it's time to start paying attention.
That's exactly my point. The NFL is a private organization that has it's own rules. They don't need to know if he ***** or not, the mere accusation IMHO is suffice to suspend him.

You don't see Aaron Rodgers, though single and approx. the same age as Ben, being accused of such... And being so twice is the last straw...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right. As many companies do, the NFL has a personal conduct policy that basically says, "If we find you doing something that makes us look bad, we're going to discipline you."

On accusation, that I genuinely believe to be false, followed by another is more than sufficient to violate the personal conduct policy. Regardless of what happened, it shouldn't be that hard to keep yourself out of trouble, you know?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts