Sorry you guys got screwed :(

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Jack-- Geez, Hawknballs comes in to enemy territory waving a truce flag and speaking from the heart, and you basically degrade him. -1 for you, my friend.

I think his posts were perfectly understandable. He was just trying to postulate why the review ref made the decision he did. Apparently, the ref's burden of proof was much higher than all of humanity. Sounds like a plausible explanation. Nothing humorous about it nor a need to pick a fight with the poster.

My burden of proof is my wife. She has no prejudice or knowledge of the game. She knows it involves a ball of some sort and a bunch of men running around in helmets. I showed her a replay of the last play and asked her who caught the ball. Her answer: "The guy in the white and yellow." Case closed.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well. sorry my post is 'humorous' to you.

I wish the fans and the packers a good remainder of the season, and sincerely hope this doesn't ultimately affect their playoff chances. I don't believe it will becuase I believe they win the division regardless.

I appreciate your post but the Monday Night screw job could potentially have a # of ramifications down the road. There are several teams including your Seahawks vying for not only division crowns but a better record than potential adversaries. Seeding is important in the playoffs (granted it didn't help us much last year) but I think Seattle, SF, the Giants, and GB want that home field advantage. We'll see how all this plays out of course but don't assume this loss will not be costly down the road.

And PFanCan, I had somewhat of a similar experience with my wife. She also could give a rip about football. Apparently, she watched the end of the game in her bedroom. She does that to see what mood I will be in the next day. ;) Well tuesday morning she said..."How did you survive that awful call?"

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Jack-- Geez, Hawknballs comes in to enemy territory waving a truce flag and speaking from the heart, and you basically degrade him. -1 for you, my friend.
"Degrade" him? No, I just disagreed with him. I posted “Good posting hawknballs with one exception”. Neither you nor hawknballs answered my one objection to his post: If there wasn’t indisputable video proof of the INT why the nearly unanimous outrage over the call? If there was any ambiguity in the video the outrage wouldn’t have been so widespread and those backing the NFL in its dispute with the NFLRA would be loudly pointing to the ambiguity. This point is as obvious as the INT IMO.

The only reason for that call being upheld upon review is if simultaneous possession wasn’t subject to review. But it is – only in the end zone. I think there’s a good chance the reviewer didn’t know the rules.

BTW -2 on your post: Your complaint lacks substance. :D

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
hawknballs. Much respect. You have shown more insight than most of us Packers fans. Thanks for taking the time to share that with us it does not go unappreciated.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
"Degrade" him? No, I just disagreed with him. I posted “Good posting hawknballs with one exception”. Neither you nor hawknballs answered my one objection to his post: If there wasn’t indisputable video proof of the INT why the nearly unanimous outrage over the call? If there was any ambiguity in the video the outrage wouldn’t have been so widespread and those backing the NFL in its dispute with the NFLRA would be loudly pointing to the ambiguity. This point is as obvious as the INT IMO.

The only reason for that call being upheld upon review is if simultaneous possession wasn’t subject to review. But it is – only in the end zone. I think there’s a good chance the reviewer didn’t know the rules.

BTW -2 on your post: Your complaint lacks substance. :D

Jack, I did answer your question. You bite back hard and decisively, don't you?.

The poster believes that the ref held a higher standard of proof than most others (I added the part, "all of humanity"). It is a plausible explanation. And, yes, I agree that it is more likely that the reason is a lack of rules knowledge.

Stating that you find his supposition humurous is more than stating a disagreement. It's a put down and lacks respect that most people would give others face-to-face. It's rude, actually.

From reading his last post, it seems that he felt disrespected and I doubt we will see him again. IMO, this weakens this board and reinforces various opinions that Packer fans lack class. That's the substance of my complaint.

hawknballs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh you'll see me again because I'm hoping both our teams can make it unaffected to the playoffs and can finish up a real game without garbage refs getting in the way. My last reply was me not wanting to drag this into a debate, that's entirely the complete opposite of why I came here and felt compelled to post something. The ONLY reason I put my opinion in the original post was because I'm almost positive one of the first replies would be asking about it. Last thing I'm going to get butthurt about is a forum post.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh you'll see me again because I'm hoping both our teams can make it unaffected to the playoffs and can finish up a real game without garbage refs getting in the way. My last reply was me not wanting to drag this into a debate, that's entirely the complete opposite of why I came here and felt compelled to post something. The ONLY reason I put my opinion in the original post was because I'm almost positive one of the first replies would be asking about it. Last thing I'm going to get butthurt about is a forum post.

I've appreciated your posts as I previously said. You've done a good job here. :tup:

hawknballs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also if I wanted to get into an argument I would head over to the 49ers forum and start talking trash. It breaks my heart that if we're going to be gifted a win like this, it couldn't be against Jim Harbaugh because I wouldn't feel bad about that whatsoever. No real reason other than that Jim Harbaugh is a ******-shoes.

Jen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it has been determined that they upheld the bad call because of Vegas. Football is the most bet sport out there. They said it would be impossible to correct all of the bets paid out and cause mayhem. The world knows it was a bad call, now let's move onto getting these refs OUT!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts