Sorry TT

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imagining how players might be in the future doesn't win games. Having lots of draft picks, signing a lot of FAs and being really good at managing the salary cap doesn't win games.

Talent and production wins games. The success of the team will show if TT has brought in talented and productive coaches & players.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
Yeah Sherman got to the playoffs. Because Wolf didn't blow all his draft picks before him and that was one stout team he walked into.

There is no comparing the personnel these two coaches inherited. You can't blow that many draft picks including EVERY SINGLE ONE in one year and not see player quality downgraded.

TT leaving after this year is some Sherman worshipers dillusional dreams. THIS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN FOLKS. I don't care what the record turns out to be.

The front office is VERY HAPPY with TT and the transition of players top to bottom on this roster. You see Packer Management knows full well what TT was up against when he arrived.

There was no masking it. You can put all the makeup on an ugly woman you want but underneath is still ugly. We, my friends, was ugly. Once the top brass figured it out they cut the legs out from Sherman and put somebody in there that has a clue how to evaluate talent.

They are not about to put him on the road. I don't care if, heaven forbid, it's 2-14, TT ain't going nowhere. No matter how bad some here would like to see it happen.

i agree...

if we only win 6 games... TT will still be here, because the board and some of us know that TT is doing exactly what he was brought in to do... no matter how unpopular it might seem to some folks.

fixing the cap, and building a TEAM.

So you're saying.

Mike Sherman = Winning Record = Playoff Appearances = Fired

and

Ted Thompson = Losing Record = No Playoff Appearances = Job Security?

And that the Packer front office would be not only fine, but happy with this?

I think you've finally flipped your collective wigs, Warhawk and Packnic. Either that, or you guys play alot of fantasy football.

So, the object of the game, in your view, is not to win games, but to have alot of cap room and rookies on your team that may never be anything more than raw potential and depth, but not develop into a championship team?

You've finally convinced me.

Ted Thompson is a collector of talent and not a builder of Champions and all in Packerland should be fine with this.

OK.

A new paradigm for Packer football fans to get used to, I guess. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I guess I've been looking at it all wrong.

I thought the object of the game was to WIN games. Silly effin' me. :whippin: :whippin: :whippin:

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
warhawk said:
Yeah Sherman got to the playoffs. Because Wolf didn't blow all his draft picks before him and that was one stout team he walked into.

There is no comparing the personnel these two coaches inherited. You can't blow that many draft picks including EVERY SINGLE ONE in one year and not see player quality downgraded.

TT leaving after this year is some Sherman worshipers dillusional dreams. THIS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN FOLKS. I don't care what the record turns out to be.

The front office is VERY HAPPY with TT and the transition of players top to bottom on this roster. You see Packer Management knows full well what TT was up against when he arrived.

There was no masking it. You can put all the makeup on an ugly woman you want but underneath is still ugly. We, my friends, was ugly. Once the top brass figured it out they cut the legs out from Sherman and put somebody in there that has a clue how to evaluate talent.

They are not about to put him on the road. I don't care if, heaven forbid, it's 2-14, TT ain't going nowhere. No matter how bad some here would like to see it happen.

i agree...

if we only win 6 games... TT will still be here, because the board and some of us know that TT is doing exactly what he was brought in to do... no matter how unpopular it might seem to some folks.

So you're saying.

and

I think you've finally flipped your collective wigs, Warhawk and Packnic. Either that, or you guys play alot of fantasy football.

So, the object of the game, in your view, is not to win games, but to have alot of cap room and rookies on your team that may never be anything more than raw potential and depth, but not develop into a championship team?

Ted Thompson is a collector of talent and not a builder of Champions and all in Packerland should be fine with this.

OK.

A new paradigm for Packer football fans to get used to, I guess. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I thought the object of the game was to WIN games. Silly effin' me. :whippin: :whippin: :whippin:

I think it is more like Mike Sherman = winning record against the weak sisters = having his *** handed to him by good football teams = losing the Lambeau mystique = leaving an NFL Europe quality defense and special teams on the roster. That's why he was fired.

Can we please let that old dog lie and move forward.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was Harlan's fault.

The guy had no business being GM in the first place.

But don't you find it ironic that after all of TT's hard work completely flipping this team, that if he doesn't equal Sherman's record of success he still gets to keep his job after say, five years?

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was Harlan's fault.

But don't you find it ironic that after all of TT's hard work completely flipping this team, that if he doesn't equal Sherman's record of success he still gets to keep his job after say, five years?

Not really, because I remember Mike Sherman coaching in an NFC north that was really poor. It was like when San Francisco use to rack up 8 wins a year in there horse **** division. W/L record isn't always the best bench mark for how good a team is. Strength of schedule has a lot to do with W-L. We've hashed this out many times before.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
warhawk said:

i agree...

So you're saying.

and

OK.

i realize you only have 38 post under your belt... (and 38 spectacular posts at that).

but this has been discussed about a 1000 times already and im not gonna waste my time with you doin it again. so look, go get a coke sit back, go through some of the old pages and knock yourself out. when your ready to discuss something relevant .. holler at me.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
leaving an NFL Europe quality defense and special teams on the roster.

if you don't like the thread,click ignore, & quit whinning and posting.
yeah guys like Barnett, Harris, Jenkins, Kampman make up the euro defense :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
do you even think before you post?

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:
That was Harlan's fault.

Not really, because I remember Mike Sherman coaching in an NFC north that was really poor. It was like when San Francisco use to rack up 8 wins a year in there horse **** division. W/L record isn't always the best bench mark for how good a team is. Strength of schedule has a lot to do with W-L. We've hashed this out many times before.
:rotflmao: that is the first time I ever heard anybody say sherman had success b/c the North was soooo weak. great job, what a imangination you have.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:
Packnic said:
warhawk said:

i agree...

So you're saying.

and

OK.

i realize you only have 38 post under your belt... (and 38 spectacular posts at that).

but this has been discussed about a 1000 times already and im not gonna waste my time with you doin it again. so look, go get a coke sit back, go through some of the old pages and knock yourself out. when your ready to discuss something relevant .. holler at me.

i get a kick out of people that whine about the thread, and then keep posting. and to rip on someone b/c they only have 38 posts on this forum is HILARIOUS in its own right. :whippin:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:

yeah guys like Barnett, Harris, Jenkins, Kampman make up the euro defense :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

This is just a perfect example of someone that hates TT for whatever reason so badly that all rationality is lost for the "cause". You go as far as trying to put a pretty face on a defense that what so ugly their momma wouldn't own up to it in an attempt to dismiss the job TT has done.

Use your shortened :Rotflmao version of your view on the defense if you want but you lose a lot of credibility here trying to defend a defense that was defenseless. You don't like TT. We get it. Best to leave it at that or find more creditable material than this to continue your "cause".

You actually point out quite well the short list of real football players we had on that side of the ball which makes it obvious why we were so bad over there in the first place.

How about this:

Dear Mike,

Thank you Mike for Barnett, Harris, Kampman, and Jenkins because without those four it would have taken at least another two years to field a solid defense. It only took two years to find seven other players plus some quality backup players and for this we are forever grateful.

Sincerely,
A Packer fan that appreciates good DEFENSE.

Are we happy now?

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
DakotaT said:

This is just a perfect example of someone that hates TT for whatever reason so badly that all rationality is lost for the "cause". You go as far as trying to put a pretty face on a defense that what so ugly their momma wouldn't own up to it in an attempt to dismiss the job TT has done.

Use your shortened :Rotflmao version of your view on the defense if you want but you lose a lot of credibility here trying to defend a defense that was defenseless. You don't like TT. We get it. Best to leave it at that or find more creditable material than this to continue your "cause".

You actually point out quite well the short list of real football players we had on that side of the ball which makes it obvious why we were so bad over there in the first place.

How about this:

Dear Mike,

Thank you Mike for Barnett, Harris, Kampman, and Jenkins because without those four it would have taken at least another two years to field a solid defense. It only took two years to find seven other players plus some quality backup players and for this we are forever grateful.

Sincerely,

Are we happy now?
:rotflmao: yeah, two bookend D linemen, like we had in Reggie White and Sean Jones, a shut down corner, and an great MLB, are pretty important parts of a defense no matter how you try to discredit it.
Thanks Mike
from a die hard packer fan

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Fuzznuts said:
That was Harlan's fault.

:rotflmao: that is the first time I ever heard anybody say sherman had success b/c the North was soooo weak. great job, what a imangination you have.

is this guy freakin serious right now?!?!

your lack of knowledge cripples this website...

im not ripping on anyone for their amount of posting... im ripping the fact that both you and fuzznuts, come into a conversation about a year too late.

weve discussed this thoroughly... killed topics dozens of times... then you two geniuses come on here and rehash the same crap weve disproved hundreds of times already.

all im asking is... if your gonna rehash stupid crap... at least go find the old topics that weve previously discussed them in ... read the thread, educate yourself and then respond there if you still can.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
dhpackr said:
DakotaT said:

How about this:

Dear Mike,

Sincerely,

Are we happy now?
:rotflmao: yeah, two bookend D linemen, like we had in Reggie White and Sean Jones, a shut down corner, and an great MLB, are pretty important parts of a defense no matter how you try to discredit it.
Thanks Mike
from a die hard packer fan

What the hell did a "shut down corner" matter if the other starting corner was Ahmad Carroll? And remember Jue? Or how about our #24 matador cringing away from touchdown saving tackles? Sherman also never had the foresight to move Jenkins to DE. He overpaid KGB a ridiculous amount and kept him there at RDE on most downs. Don't forget the other powerhouse LB's we had... who have since found new homes.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My original point was not that Sherman was a good GM.

I think he stunk.

It wasn't even that he was a good coach.

I think he stunk there too. Or at least, made some horrible, rookie mistakes at crucial times. He was in over his head.

My original point was that if Ted Thompson's Packers don't have a winning team and return to the playoffs in five years time, should he be held accountable and fired for not producing as much as Sherman's teams had?

And also, who here thinks it be ironic if TT could never match the success that Sherman had here with the Green Bay Packers?

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

no, you acting like a baby about a thread, and then you keep posting in the thread is crippling the site
im not ripping on anyone for their amount of posting... im ripping the fact that both you and fuzznuts, come into a conversation about a year too late.
Hello, the topic revolves around this off-season, and the 2007 Packers! and will the team improve this year! Wake up !
weve discussed this thoroughly... killed topics dozens of times... then you two geniuses come on here and rehash the same crap weve disproved hundreds of times already.
is this guy serious, has TT produced a winning season yet? What exactly have you disproved? please inform me!
all im asking is... if your gonna rehash stupid crap... at least go find the old topics that weve previously discussed them in ... read the thread, educate yourself and then respond there if you still can.

all I'm asking, with your superior IQ, quit balling like a little girl, ignore the thread, and quit posting. With your superior knowledge, this should be an easy task even for you oh brilliant one.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what the hell did a "shut down corner" matter if the other starting corner was Ahmad Carroll?
Harris was a backup, then he came to GB and became a solid player. TT inherited this player from Sherman. Some of the parts for the defense were in place before TT arrived.
Sherman also never had the foresight to move Jenkins to DE. He overpaid KGB a ridiculous amount and kept him there at RDE on most downs. Don't forget the other powerhouse LB's we had... who have since found new homes.

Hello, Kampman was always a solid DE and KGB had Dbl digit sacks every year, why move jenkins. jenkins could get to the QB from the DT position. so you had three guys who could get to the qb. it was so effective, even MM & TT still use this formation on passing downs to this day!
nice post.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Fuzznuts said:
That was Harlan's fault.

here is 17 pages of just ONE topic about Mike as coach

Mike, Ted, Mike stuff
do a search to read up on how much this forum has debated the entire TT, Mike and Mike stuff

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think he stunk.

I think he stunk there too. Or at least, made some horrible, rookie mistakes at crucial times. He was in over his head.

My original point was that if Ted Thompson's Packers don't have a winning team and return to the playoffs in five years time, should he be held accountable and fired for not producing as much as Sherman's teams had?

And also, who here thinks it be ironic if TT could never match the success that Sherman had here with the Green Bay Packers?

There are two different standards being discussed in this thread: 5 years vs. 3 years. The comment that some people didn't like was that Thompson should keep his job if the team doesn't do well on the field this year (his third year). That's true to a point. But I have yet to hear anybody say that Thompson should stick around if the team doesn't make any progress after 5 years.

I think I am like a lot of fans in that I expect this team to show definite improvement this year, even if it's not reflected in the win-loss record, but by next year, which will be Thompson's fourth, they should at least be in the playoffs.

Sherman inherited a team that had a lot of talent, and I absolutely agreed with his approach, which was to keep that talent base and bring in veterans to try to put them over the top. It was not a bad approach. It just didn't work because he made a lot of mistakes in acquiring personnel and he's not all that good a game coach anyway.

The result was that when Thompson came in the roster was rotting away from the inside and the team was in slow decline, so he needed to bring in a lot of younger guys. That's why it's not fair to compare Sherman's and Thompson's won-loss records at this point. But if this team is not a serious contender for a championship within five years, I doubt there will be many people defending Thompson.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O.K. Class. Let's begin shall we?

First question.

What does Reggie White and Shawn Jones have in common with Coach Sherman and the players still left over today from the teams he coached?

Nothing! The class rings out together.

Correct! Says the teacher.

Teacher with a direct question to Dhpacker:

How many games did we win in '04?

Ten, dh proudly announces.

Teacher again to Dhpacker:

How many of those wins came against teams with a winning record?

Uh, I don't know (obviously), responds Dh.

Zero, zip, nata, none, says the Teacher.

Class. You can go to recess.

Yeah! says the class.

EXCEPT DHpacker. You go stand in the corner for not paying attention to what the hell's been going on around here for the last year and a half!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

I think he stunk.

There are two different standards being discussed in this thread: 5 years vs. 3 years. The comment that some people didn't like was that Thompson should keep his job if the team doesn't do well on the field this year (his third year). That's true to a point. But I have yet to hear anybody say that Thompson should stick around if the team doesn't make any progress after 5 years.

I think I am like a lot of fans in that I expect this team to show definite improvement this year, even if it's not reflected in the win-loss record, but by next year, which will be Thompson's fourth, they should at least be in the playoffs.

Sherman inherited a team that had a lot of talent, and I absolutely agreed with his approach, which was to keep that talent base and bring in veterans to try to put them over the top. It was not a bad approach. It just didn't work because he made a lot of mistakes in acquiring personnel and he's not all that good a game coach anyway.

The result was that when Thompson came in the roster was rotting away from the inside and the team was in slow decline, so he needed to bring in a lot of younger guys. That's why it's not fair to compare Sherman's and Thompson's won-loss records at this point. But if this team is not a serious contender for a championship within five years, I doubt there will be many people defending Thompson.

Excellent post..

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

no, you acting like a baby about a thread, and then you keep posting in the thread is crippling the site
Hello, the topic revolves around this off-season, and the 2007 Packers! and will the team improve this year! Wake up !
is this guy serious, has TT produced a winning season yet? What exactly have you disproved? please inform me!

all I'm asking, with your superior IQ, quit balling like a little girl, ignore the thread, and quit posting. With your superior knowledge, this should be an easy task even for you oh brilliant one.

well i guess that puts me in my place then huh.

ABANDON ALL HOPE YE WHO ENTER HERE!

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
Packnic said:

well i guess that puts me in my place then huh.

ABANDON ALL HOPE YE WHO ENTER HERE!

:shock: :wall: :wall: :soapbox: :soapbox: :beersign: :beersign:

Good to see MY FAVORITE SUBJECT is still being bantered around.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O.K. Class. Let's begin shall we?

First question.

What does Reggie White and Shawn Jones have in common with Coach Sherman and the players still left over today from the teams he coached?

Nothing! The class rings out together.

Teacher with a direct question to Dhpacker:

How many games did we win in '04?

Ten, dh proudly announces.

Teacher again to Dhpacker:

How many of those wins came against teams with a winning record?

Uh, I don't know (obviously), responds Dh.

Zero, zip, nata, none, says the Teacher.

Class. You can go to recess.

Yeah! says the class.

EXCEPT DHpacker. You go stand in the corner for not paying attention to what the hell's been going on around here for the last year and a half!

I know that the Packers have not had a winning season in two years,since TT took over the Packers. so chew on that during your recess!

Members online

Latest posts