Sorry, I have to do this

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to be a regular here. I dropped away for awhile. I've monitored the goings-on here.

I dropped away because I grew tired during the less-winning times of reading...constantly...about "change", "fire TT", "fire MM", etc. I want to ask: where are the legions of "Internet GM's" these days?
1)Packers won the Super Bowl
2)A TT draft pick-AR- is the toast of the nation.
3)Packers have a team that is likely to compete for many, many years.
4)The team has a nationwide,(and international) loyal, fan base.

So I had to just say to all of you who pounced on me--and others---who didn't believe the sky was falling:

Welcome back to reality.

Have a nice day.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of people like me had trouble with the way Favre was handled. I know now that I was wrong and that #4 was the problem(limbo). Well 2 years ago I was wrong and two years ago fixed it. People are passionate about football. The Packers only makes it worse. As we are more than fans. And with a medium like the web/forums it's easy to get in and say things b4 you have thought them through. I'm guilty I know. But to "See I told you so" is kind of the same thing isnt it?

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there isn't a single fan ANYWHERE in ANY sport that for a small moment feels like they know what they are talking about when things go wrong for their favorite team, EVERYONE does it, I was guilty for being all pissed about how the regular season was shaping up...losing to the lions, skins, 'fins...I was extremely agitated as I'm sure many others fans were too, not just on packerforum.com

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a huge difference between saying:

'TT made a mistake by not signing TO. He should have signed him because . . . '

and

'TT is a cheap bastard and should be fired for not signing TO.'

I have no problems with the first group - expressing your opinion and engaging in football discussion is why we are all here. For those in the 2nd group, I have no pity for you. You deserve 5 years of cheap shots from internet posters as your penalty for persecuting a man for doing his job that you did not understand.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So your telling me you didnt stay around to defend your opinion, but when it sounded right later on you came back to gloat? Thats cool man. You da man.

I think the regulars on here know who was in what corner and who wasnt.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only mistake you apparently made was letting the critics drive you away. You don't have to do that.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
I just thought I'd drop by to say, "See? I told you keeping that 6th round draft pick Brady over Drew Bledsoe was a good idea. IN. YOUR. FACE. LOSERS!!!!!!eleventy!!!!!!"

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
People are not always going to agree with or like the way a team is being handled. We all doubt at some point or question the decisions of those in power. It's human nature and for most of us, if we didn't care so much for the team, we wouldn't bother to ask questions. I personally think all those who doubted TT and MM are more than happy to of been proven wrong. A SB win will do that! This is a time for celebration! Not to worry over who doubted who or who lost faith and when. If we were not all Packers fans, we would not be here discussing it.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
exactly kitten, this is a time to celebrate...nit-picking on the negative is something I don't promote, but who ever does, I feel sorry for you

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
bc its easier to give up then come back and gloat later on lol

You mean like what he's calling us out on, by giving up on these guys, and even the team at times? So this is just irony? Pot calling the kettle black?

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've had my fair share of criticism for how TT and MM have handled different situations this season and in the past, particularly when it comes to our running game (or lack there of) and the state of our special teams and certain D-lineman 1st round picks, does that mean that I don't support them over all? hell no, I was one of the first to support their decison to go with Rodgers from draft day on.

not sticking to your guns in your support for their decisions you agree with then coming back to gloat seems a bit prickish, but thats just imho

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
People are not always going to agree with or like the way a team is being handled. We all doubt at some point or question the decisions of those in power. It's human nature and for most of us, if we didn't care so much for the team, we wouldn't bother to ask questions. I personally think all those who doubted TT and MM are more than happy to of been proven wrong. A SB win will do that! This is a time for celebration! Not to worry over who doubted who or who lost faith and when. If we were not all Packers fans, we would not be here discussing it.

If we didn't care so much for the team and didn't bother to ask questions, wouldn't we be acting like followers of a certain somebody??

azpackersfan12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious, If the Packers lost in the Superbowl would you still come around braggin about how "right you were"? I know I'm new to the site and wasn't around for what you are talking about, but coming back years later just to say I told you so is extremely bush league.

bbjsports

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was never really mad at Ted for the Favre thing, and when Brett started out with the Jets, I really figured he'd have a lousy game or two and head back to Mississippi. But when #4 kicked *** for half that season, I quickly got mad at BRETT not Thompson or any of the GB "brass" who I always thought did all they could to get Favre to make up his effing mind. So when Favre flamed out with the Jets, I figured he was done for sure and had all the confidence in the world in Aaron. Then - ARRRGGGHHHH, the Vikings deal with Favre and I boiled over toward #4. Packed away the jersey, hid the life-size cutout from the kids, hoped for a dismal season (but never an injury). Then, as shocked as I was with MYSELF, I was actually rooting for the "traitor" when he had that ridiculous 33 TD, 7 oskie season..."How did he DO that??!". But I knew he couldn't duplicate that - no QB could - and Brett didn't and he's gone...and that's good.

Sooooo, it took me awhile to get to my main point: I want Brett to sign one of those "one day contracts" with the Packers...and officially "retire" with a ceremony at Lambeau sometime next season. Heck now EVERYBODY knows Green Bay is "Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood" now...especially #12. I think he would even support such a ceremony because he's so confident in the legacy he's creating in Titletown.

I'd like to see it happen...16 pretty darn good years (and times). Flame away if you must. Thoughts?

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thats what I was trying to say lol and thank you :)

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I used to be a regular here. I dropped away for awhile. I've monitored the goings-on here.

I dropped away because I grew tired during the less-winning times of reading...constantly...about "change", "fire TT", "fire MM", etc. I want to ask: where are the legions of "Internet GM's" these days?
1)Packers won the Super Bowl
2)A TT draft pick-AR- is the toast of the nation.
3)Packers have a team that is likely to compete for many, many years.
4)The team has a nationwide,(and international) loyal, fan base.

So I had to just say to all of you who pounced on me--and others---who didn't believe the sky was falling:

Welcome back to reality.

Have a nice day.
stop stalking us and post here like a real man

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen my share of whiners posting on msg. boards and forums proclaiming "OK. That's it. I'm leaving because blah blah blah."
But this is the first return post I've seen of a whiner proclaiming "OK I'm back *****ez! And those of you who disagreed can eat my shorts!"

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was never really mad at Ted for the Favre thing, and when Brett started out with the Jets, I really figured he'd have a lousy game or two and head back to Mississippi. But when #4 kicked *** for half that season, I quickly got mad at BRETT not Thompson or any of the GB "brass" who I always thought did all they could to get Favre to make up his effing mind. So when Favre flamed out with the Jets, I figured he was done for sure and had all the confidence in the world in Aaron. Then - ARRRGGGHHHH, the Vikings deal with Favre and I boiled over toward #4. Packed away the jersey, hid the life-size cutout from the kids, hoped for a dismal season (but never an injury). Then, as shocked as I was with MYSELF, I was actually rooting for the "traitor" when he had that ridiculous 33 TD, 7 oskie season..."How did he DO that??!". But I knew he couldn't duplicate that - no QB could - and Brett didn't and he's gone...and that's good.

Sooooo, it took me awhile to get to my main point: I want Brett to sign one of those "one day contracts" with the Packers...and officially "retire" with a ceremony at Lambeau sometime next season. Heck now EVERYBODY knows Green Bay is "Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood" now...especially #12. I think he would even support such a ceremony because he's so confident in the legacy he's creating in Titletown.

I'd like to see it happen...16 pretty darn good years (and times). Flame away if you must. Thoughts?

Ceremony? Why? Its about the Packers this season and winning the SB. No need to pollute that by trying to please favre. He is the one that decided to come back and force the issue. He is the one that called the lions and told them what he knows about our playbook. He is the one that cheers against us. He is the one that had to go play in Minnesota to get us back.

No way you can have a ceremony for him, unless you make it golf ball day at lambeau.