Soo...

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok..I have to say that I love every pick we made. I think every one of these guys have great potential and can contribute very well on our team. We obviously strengthen an already strong core. I am a little disappointed we did not get the players everyone wanted a CB and OLB but I still love the guys we got. I am exited to see our defense grow in its second year of the 3-4 and I think our d-line will be much better this year with the competition building there the eventual ousting of Harrell. We had depth trouble last year at D-line down the stretch not to mention they are big guys that we need to keep fresh late in the game. I think James Starks was a great pick up and will be a great big target on screen passes with his excellent catching ability. I am still banking on Charles Dillon competing for the job of punt/kick returner. I think the guy shows some great moves and ability.

I like your attitude, oly. I think all of the criticisms are interesting, but this draft-like all drafts-will be judged several years from now. The Packers can compete with anyone, and if we're healthy at playoff time I'll be looking for a new "13 Championships" jersey.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lee will probably get cut or traded, Havner is an all around guy and more like a jack of all trades master of none. Finley is a beast but he was plagued by injury. Quarrless or whatever his name is is really similar in style to Finley but has the issues which seems like a trend in Happy Valley. Personally, I feel the pick sucked but it is not the end of the world. All of us aren't in the war room for a reason, who knows what the pick will really do. Maybe he is better all around than Finley, maybe he can contribute to ST. If anything I am more irritated about Mike Neal in the 2nd round than this pick. It was a depth selection. Lets rip on TT later in the season if he doesn't make the team or is gone by week 12.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Check out Bob Wolfley's column in todays Journal Sentinel. There's a great stat in there about TT's draft choices over the last three years. He's hardly an idiot when it comes to sizing up draft talent.

Packers' top pick sure looks like a Packer - JSOnline

Absoultely. Every time I pick up the phone and call my dad about who I think sucks that TT picks he reminds me that there have been some studs. He built this team through the draft. Packers should be a contender. We'll see.

And going back to the comment about Trindon Holliday and Myron Rolle:

1. Holliday is lightning. Plain and simple. He is also too small to (likely) be a reciever in the NFL and has limited upside out of ST. Blackmon is a great return man and is coming back. If he stays healthy, but big if, he can be a pro bowler. There is a reason Rolle was taken so late. He does not have great speed and bites on some routes. The guy is also a genious. He is the kind of special person that is talented in many things. There is a good chance he sticks around for a few years before he decides to go another route in life... He was like that in HS at Hun too, I have a friend that knew him at Hun. Teams won't want to take a risk on someone if they are unsure if he will be around in a few seasons not based on talent but based on other ambitions.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely think we need to give every one of the picks a chance before we write them off. The 2 glaring problems we had last year were taken care of by the draft, how is that not awesome?

Issue number 1, no pass rush from our defensive line. We can't rely on the two OLBs for the entire pass rush. Neal is rediculously strong and was double teamed nearly all the time in college. When he wasn't double teamed he almost never lost to that block and was able to make plays. Wilson is very close to that as well. So basically they either get to the QB and get some sacks by either a good pass rush or collapsing the pocket, or they eat double teams leaving lanes open for the LBs to come screamin in. Either way it is win win.

Issue number 2, Aaron Rodgers spent way too much time picking himself up off the ground. We have 1 awesome new Tackle, and another guy who seems pretty good and will definitely cause more competition for spots during camp/preseason. So that issue is pretty much resolved as well.

As for the TE. It's cool. Weapons are weapons. If he turns out to want to play ball and work hard and make plays, awesome. If he doesn't then we used a 5th round pick on him. Whoopdie doo. The odds of getting a superstar all pro player in a 5th round pick is pretty slim anyways, so I am not all that concerned.

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lee will probably get cut or traded, Havner is an all around guy and more like a jack of all trades master of none. Finley is a beast but he was plagued by injury. Quarrless or whatever his name is is really similar in style to Finley but has the issues which seems like a trend in Happy Valley. Personally, I feel the pick sucked but it is not the end of the world. All of us aren't in the war room for a reason, who knows what the pick will really do. Maybe he is better all around than Finley, maybe he can contribute to ST. If anything I am more irritated about Mike Neal in the 2nd round than this pick. It was a depth selection. Lets rip on TT later in the season if he doesn't make the team or is gone by week 12.
i agree like you said lets give them the a chance to prove their selfs and then if we want to ***** about it at least they had a chance

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last time we had two impact TEs we won the superbowl.
True...True......but a number of factors were the reason we won that game. Actually.....if Desmond Howard didn't have the returns he did..........WE Lose that game. Just my opinion.

bravesman18

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can get some people not liking the draft a lot, but what I don't get is people saying that TT is ******** us or he has blown our chances. Has he released or traded numerous starters that I am unaware of? Is losing Aaron Kampan's 30 tackles and 3.5 sacks from last season going to make us 5-11 after going 11-5? Bulaga helps our weakest spot as everyone knows. Jolly might be convicted on drug charges, so we draft a DT. We seem to be cutting Lee, so we draft an athletic tight end. Bigby is terrible in pass coverage, we draft a safety. I know we need some young CB talent, but right now we do still have Woodson, Harris, and Williams. Blackmon might be healthy enough to help out again at CB and KR/PR.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I can get some people not liking the draft a lot, but what I don't get is people saying that TT is ******** us or he has blown our chances. Has he released or traded numerous starters that I am unaware of? Is losing Aaron Kampan's 30 tackles and 3.5 sacks from last season going to make us 5-11 after going 11-5? Bulaga helps our weakest spot as everyone knows. Jolly might be convicted on drug charges, so we draft a DT. We seem to be cutting Lee, so we draft an athletic tight end. Bigby is terrible in pass coverage, we draft a safety. I know we need some young CB talent, but right now we do still have Woodson, Harris, and Williams. Blackmon might be healthy enough to help out again at CB and KR/PR.

agreed, you can't get 7 starters with 7 draft picks. IF TT didnt like anyof the CB's out there, than im glad he didnt just take one just for fun.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so i finally figured out what Teddy's problem is.. He is a ****ing moron..thats what it comes down to.. everyone still on his bandwagon i cannot take seriously anymore.. some of you have managed to alter my opinion on certain things.. so can those same people please try to explain how the TE pick in the 5th was a good one.. i would love to hear it

Not gonna try to explain this one away, but we were pretty shotty on ST last few seasons, so with a late rd pick, are we really looking for solid starter material this season? Most 5th rd are out of the league w/i 2 seasons anyway, and the majority of them are smashed onto the PS or out on STs anyways.

Look at it like this, the kid is billed at 6'4, 254lbs with a 4.69 40 time. On STs, hed make a hell of a blocker, and in time, be another tall receiving threat on goalline and 3rd downs.

This pick is not as bad as some will make it out to be. Was it an immediate need? No, unless you count better ST players, which wee are in DIRE need of. Was this a good 5th round pick on the 3rd day of the draft? Absolutely.

Latest posts