Sometimes You Just Need to Vent

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After a game like this, you need to vent. I did most of my venting here: http://wp.me/p29VCs-bi. But, I still can't sleep or get over how the hell the Packers literally had the victory stolen from them by the refs. The sad part is that all three egregious phantom calls were equally terrible. Vent. Let out the frustration and anger. Hopefully it can be therapeutic.

_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See thats what makes it so hard, it wasn't only that last TD call, but the 2 other calls before that. We got cheated, robbed. And embarrased today.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the penalty on Walden was actually a good call. as much as i hate the fact QBs are protected like crazy in todays game, you can't hit a QB low and Walden did just that.

That pass interference call on shields was just bad and they should have just let that one go both players were just going for the ball and each interfered with each other a little bit. Just let it slide.

and the end of the game calls and non call. I can understand thinking its a dual possession, Clearly Jennings has the ball after review but in real time I can understand how that could have been missed. But shouldn't instant replay correct that mistake? And how in the world does Tate not get called for offensive pass interference is beyond me. Like i said i can understand thinking they both had possesion but that is meaningless when Tate clearly pushed Shields.

The NFL should just pay the real refs. because the alternative is quite pathetic.

IamAthimble

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though I know it is completely clear that Jennings intercepted that ball and controlled it, and that Tate did not have any possession of it until after the fact, I can let the whole thing slide because in real time, it did indeed look confusing. On the other hand, the refs disagreed, and should have freaking discussed it before calling it. The idiot that called touchdown immediately should be fired immediately.

But, it is inexcusable that they did not call that offensive pass interference on Tate. They were both in front of everyone else in the end zone. It was probably the most blatant pass intereference I have EVER seen, and it just doesn't get noticed or called at all??? Really? That would have wiped out the play completely, and the game would have been over right there. That, to me, is the definition of incompetence and idiocy.

NFL_Joke

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its like the 1910s and homefield advantage gaurantees you a win LOL

so,so wrong...so wrong

OP
OP
BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I frankly disagree that it had to be a hard call in real-time. At no point did Tate have any semblance of possession. The ball was always in Jennings' hands and pinned to his chest. You can't be in possession of a ball when you are on the ground, with Jennings on top of you, and the ball pinned to his chest. It's simply impossible. I'm dumbfounded by how this happened. But, as I've mentioned, it's the string of calls that ended the game that led to this infamous moment. And I don't know which phantom call was the worst.