Something seems pretty special about Dujuan Harris..

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's been given very few carries up to this point, 2o carries to be exact. He already has 2 TD's and is averaging a respectable 4.4 yards per carry on those limited touches. In his brief stint last year with the Jags in his limited role, with only 9 carries, achieved over 40 yards rushing.

Now I would certainly love to see more of this kid before I get too gushy over him, but when you watch the way he quickly changes direction and cuts so hard and fast to find the open lanes, it's just something I've never seen from the likes of Alex Green or Ryan Grant. The two times he's scored he has practically gone in untouched, and they weren't little 2 yard scampers either.

Hope to see more of him and give him a chance. Thoughts?

L

Lunchboxer

He's been given very few carries up to this point, 2o carries to be exact. He already has 2 TD's and is averaging a respectable 4.4 yards per carry on those limited touches. In his brief stint last year with the Jags in his limited role, with only 9 carries, achieved over 40 yards rushing.

Now I would certainly love to see more of this kid before I get too gushy over him, but when you watch the way he quickly changes direction and cuts so hard and fast to find the open lanes, it's just something I've never seen from the likes of Alex Green or Ryan Grant. The two times he's scored he has practically gone in untouched, and they weren't little 2 yard scampers either.

Hope to see more of him and give him a chance. Thoughts?

Same here. Hes not afraid to plow into people. He runs hard. I wanna see him get more carrys. They are probably giving him increased role each game to increase his reps. Work him into the game plan more and more.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I like his instincts, vision and that he runs north and south hard. IMO early returns are positive but as the OP says, it is early. And there’s more to the running back position than running. But so far, so good.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The thing that impressed me was how on his TD run yesterday, he followed his blockers down the line and as soon as the hole opened up, he hit it full speed without even thinking. He even seemed to anticipate when the hole was about to open before it actually did.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I like his lateral quickness. It's the one thing I've said for the past year or two that we've been missing.

TUTROJAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have followed DuJuan throughout his collegiate career and into the pros... You guys have not seen it yet, but he is also very dangerous catching the ball out of the backfield or even spread out in the slot. He's also good in pass protect despite his size. Throw in his KR ability and he is a good player to have on the roster.

He looked really good at Jacksonville last year during the preseason as he was eating carries with MJD out with contract issues. Grabbert also used him frequently as a safety valve. Jacksonville had too much invested in other guys to keep him despite his performance.

TUTROJAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which is why they get top 10 draft picks year after year.
Exactly!

Also worth noting is that his collegiate stats become less impressive as a junior and senior... The reasons for this were a very deep rb rotation and the emergence of a situational wildcat Qb (Jerrel Jernigan with the Giants now).

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I have followed DuJuan throughout his collegiate career and into the pros... You guys have not seen it yet, but he is also very dangerous catching the ball out of the backfield or even spread out in the slot. He's also good in pass protect despite his size. Throw in his KR ability and he is a good player to have on the roster.

He looked really good at Jacksonville last year during the preseason as he was eating carries with MJD out with contract issues. Grabbert also used him frequently as a safety valve. Jacksonville had too much invested in other guys to keep him despite his performance.
He seems to have fixed his fumble tendencies too

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I have followed DuJuan throughout his collegiate career and into the pros... He's also good in pass protect despite his size.
I’m very encouraged by what I’ve seen from Harris and if he keeps it up my only worry will be about posters who insist the Packers must use a top draft pick on a RB. ;) Seriously I didn’t know anything about Harris until he joined the Packers so I haven’t seen him pass protect much at all. But a recent article indicates the Packers aren’t as confident as TUTROJAN in that aspect of his game.
"DuJuan is not quite there on all the protection adjustments and all the routes," Rodgers said. "You try to make sure things are clean for him. He's been studying his butt off. I know he's going to improve in that area. But it's different if he's back there compared to if Alex is back there, or even Ryan.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...-to-shifting-backfield-t5862ln-185004391.html

The article is more about Rodgers than the RBs – it talks about another layer of decision-making Rodgers has to deal with at the LOS: In the seconds before the snap, the audibles he considers depend upon which of the four backs is in the backfield. For example, last week he switched the play from a run to pass because the D showed single coverage on Jones. He moved Grant into position to pick up a LB and the result was the 21-yard TD to Jones. The article says he probably wouldn’t have done so had Harris been in the backfield. And of course the type of running play Rodgers considers switching to depends upon the strengths of the RB in the game at the time.

As Rodgers indicates, I think it’s only a matter of time until we see all that DuJuan Harris is capable of. It’s unlikely he’ll excel at every aspect of RB play in the NFL. But I don’t care – if he continues to average more than 4 yards per carry he has a bright future in Green Bay. Even if they feel more comfortable with Kuhn, Grant or whoever in pass protection. Many of us have argued the Packers running game just has to be good enough to punish defenses who overplay the Packers’ passing game. He’s only played in three games and he’s only carried the ball 20 times (for 4.4 yards per) but if he can keep producing as he has, he’s definitely good enough.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which is why they get top 10 draft picks year after year.
True.
But how to explain the Steelers letting him go too?
They've won 2 Super Bowls this decade.

I actually LOVE DuJuan Harris too, and feel his size is perfect.
I feel if given the opportunity, and given good health, he very well could become a Sproles or even Ray Rice for us.

Hjalmar Davidson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris has impressed me with his burst. He seems to have excellent quickness laterally also. It will interesting to see how they decide to use him. The thing I worry about is picking up the blitz because Rodgers must be protected at all costs.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m very encouraged by what I’ve seen from Harris and if he keeps it up my only worry will be about posters who insist the Packers must use a top draft pick on a RB. ;) Seriously I didn’t know anything about Harris until he joined the Packers so I haven’t seen him pass protect much at all. But a recent article indicates the Packers aren’t as confident as TUTROJAN in that aspect of his game.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...-to-shifting-backfield-t5862ln-185004391.html
I was wanting to draft a RB but if Harris continues to improve then I'd be willing to use that pick on someone else
The article is more about Rodgers than the RBs – it talks about another layer of decision-making Rodgers has to deal with at the LOS: In the seconds before the snap, the audibles he considers depend upon which of the four backs is in the backfield. For example, last week he switched the play from a run to pass because the D showed single coverage on Jones. He moved Grant into position to pick up a LB and the result was the 21-yard TD to Jones. The article says he probably wouldn’t have done so had Harris been in the backfield. And of course the type of running play Rodgers considers switching to depends upon the strengths of the RB in the game at the time.

As Rodgers indicates, I think it’s only a matter of time until we see all that DuJuan Harris is capable of. It’s unlikely he’ll excel at every aspect of RB play in the NFL. But I don’t care – if he continues to average more than 4 yards per carry he has a bright future in Green Bay. Even if they feel more comfortable with Kuhn, Grant or whoever in pass protection. Many of us have argued the Packers running game just has to be good enough to punish defenses who overplay the Packers’ passing game. He’s only played in three games and he’s only carried the ball 20 times (for 4.4 yards per) but if he can keep producing as he has, he’s definitely good enough.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be willing to use a pick on someone else other than a RB if Harris continues to improve

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Harris. I like the fact that he runs behind his pads.. which means he's looking to punish defenders who try and tackle him basicly. The speed and quickness is something we havn't seen for a while here so i'm hoping he gets alot more carrys. I did like we tried to use him more on screens which is something we should go to more often. Reminds me of Darren Sproles.

Harrison McCaslin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, Harris could be a huge part of the future in Green Bay..I would like to see Harris get the start with Grant, or Green as our third down back.
I would like to see Harris back next season. I know we haven't seen him a whole lot, but he's already running better than Benson, Grant, Starks, AND Green. None of those guys with the exception of Benson, run to punish a tackler. Harris does, and he runs with more quickness, and crispness than the others.
He's hungry, and he has something to prove. I'm sold on this guy.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like him a lot. Too bad we wasted two 3 and out possessions on Grant. Would like to see Harris and Starks running the ball. Starks is a great game-closer power-runner type, but Harris has the moves to also get yards where none are there for the taking. Like them both. Starks was Limited Participation today, so we will see. Green looks to be back though, and he has developed into a decent back as well.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I like him a lot. Too bad we wasted two 3 and out possessions on Grant. Would like to see Harris and Starks running the ball. Starks is a great game-closer power-runner type, but Harris has the moves to also get yards where none are there for the taking. Like them both. Starks was Limited Participation today, so we will see. Green looks to be back though, and he has developed into a decent back as well.
You kiddin me? MM says hot hand, I hope all four of our backs are blazing making Peterson look bad. Man can dream anyway

Members online

Latest posts