Something I want to share with YOU, my packer pals

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the loss last year to the Vikings in the playoffs, I wrote the following in a drunken rage. I think most of you will find it funny. I give you...my THANK YOU LETTER TO THE GREEN BAY PACKERS:

Thank you..

-Michael Hawthorne, for missing tackle after tackle this year, and being the worst nickel back I have ever seen in my life.

-Darren Sharper, for earning the nickname "Almost" for ALMOST getting an interception or ALMOST getting a tackle, or ALMOST making a big play. You ALMOST tackled Moe Williams, instead, he went 63 yards for a Touchdown.

-Mark Roman, for losing your composure with 12 minutes to play in the game and deciding to fight with your teammates.

-Ahmad Carroll, for being this biggest first round bust since Ryan Leaf. Your costly holding penalties and blown coverage have earned you my "Least Valuable Player" award.

-Cledius Hunt, for starting 15 games more than you should have. You are a big guy, but do absolutely nothing on defense. Cullen Jenkins outplayed you in training camp,preseason,regular season, and the postseason.
Have fun on another team next year.

-Nick Barnett, for being the king of over pursuing. If they kept going that way, you would lead the league in tackles. This is the NFL though, the running backs can cutback, they can stop and go the other way. Thanks to you, they have a great lane to run through. Thanks for not staying with your man on 'man-to-man' coverage as well. It's a pretty simple philosophy. You have a man, STAY WITH HIM. After a good rookie season, you have gotten worse as a player and are costly in the run game.

-Kurt Schottenheimer, you are(were) the secondary coach for Packers. Putting boxing gloves on Ahmad Carroll is a cute idea in practice, but until you can do that on Sunday afternoons, you are a moron. I wonder how many tackling drills you put these guys through you stupid son of a b***.

-Najeh Davenport, your two postseason fumbles make you just about useless as trade bait, which was what I hoped we would use you for. You screwed that up good. As*hole.

-Bubba Franks, you cried about not getting enough passes your way, but how many have you dropped throughout the season? Your contract is up soon. Have a nice life.

-Nick Luchey- "Holding, 22 Offense." I had to hear that twice on the same drive, because you are a frigging idiot.

-Bob Slowik, for being the worst Defensive Coordinator in the history of the jewel franchise of the NFL, the Green Bay Packers. Football 101, in Pop Warner football, they teach the kids how to tackle. You forgot how to teach your kids how to tackle. Ahmad Carroll, Joey Thomas, Michael Hawthorne, Darren "Almost" Sharper, Hannibal Navies, and Cledius Hunt. The defensive averaged 0.9 takeaways a game, DEAD LAST in the NFL. I hope to GOD you get fired, or it will be a miserable year for me next year. ******** I have never seen so many missed tackles before. I hope you get hit by a damn bus.

-Officiating crew, for sucking as much as you have for most of the season. Officiating has been bad as I have seen it, not only in the NFL, but in the NBA as well. Old men with slow legs, bad eyes, and questionable agendas calling these games just doesn't make sense to me. How about some young men? Wow, Ed hochuli is a lawyer by trade. That sure doesn't matter.

-Hannibal Navies, who the hell ARE you? I have been trying to figure out who you are and where you came from. Why are you even on this team? Why are you in the NFL? You used to be on the Panthers? Ok. When you figure out why you are on the Packers, please let me know.

-Ahman Green, for being the leader in fumbles this year. You had to win something.

-Tom Rossley, for having an emergency angioplasty. When you went down as offensive play caller, we went on a winning streak. Unfortunately, you survived, and were alive and well for the Vikings game. Ahman was owning the Vikings, but you decided to pass pass pass. Hopefully you have a heart attack when they fire your sorry ***.

-Donald Driver, for dropping multiple passes and running bad routes. You occasionally make a good catch and everyone praises you. Only I see you as an average receiver who looks good only because of #4. I hope you get traded, as I have hoped since Javon has turned into the playmaker he is. Once Javon and Robert were done, I knew the passing game was too.

--Mike Sherman, your stubbornness on starting Jenkins instead of your pick Cledius Hunt hurt the Packers so bad, but you refused to admit you were wrong. 23 of your last 3 first round picks have been busts. Our 4th pick, let's get a punter! Lord knows he won't be there in the 6-7th rounds! Stupid moron. You benched Cledius Hunt in a useless game to send him a message that he didn't even get because he is a fat idiot. You said you were going to start Hunt over Jenkins because Hunt is bigger and can matchup better against the big offensive line of the Vikings. Makes sense, EXCEPT Jenkins has better numbers against the Vikings than Hunt on less plays. Aww. You are such a stupid son of a bi*ch it makes me sick to my stomach. Let's also hire Bob Slowik as defensive coordinator as well. Donatell was bad, but he wasn't a damn idiot. "I have a lot of confidence in Bob Slowik and his abilities. I've watched him over the last four years and he's done a tremendous job in helping us grow as a football team and as a defense." Good call, *******. Slowik has been coaching the secondary the last couple of years, and you didn't happen to notice the secondary get worse. :clap clap clap: Our defense got worse statistically with the addition of Slowik. Thanks for being the GM AND the Head Coach. Most people have trouble doing one of those, but none of that matters to Mike Sherman. He can do it all! Or so he thinks. Your drafting sucks, your decisions sucks, your coaching sucks. The call to throw to the rookie Thurman in the playoffs on a third down, a stupid call. Not only was that a bad call, it was a bad play. Favre said "we don't run that play often." Why run that play when you're down by 10+ points. Run plays you know you can do, plays you know the Vikings struggle with. Good idea talking to Favre after the game, telling him not to base his future in football off of that game. You are ruining the last years of a great career with a bad defense, and a questionable offense. You suck..so bad.
-Joey Thomas, for being another useless rookie CB. I know, I know...your defensive coach sucks. Not much you can do, kid.

-Bob Harlan, thank YOU for being a horrible president of the Packers. You allow Sherman to do all of the stupid **** that he does. Take his GM'ing responsibility away like they did to Holmgren in Seattle. Sherman is a bad coach, and a bad GM, and not only do you let him do one of those, you let him do both.

------
LOL...as you can see...I wanted everyones head, and predicted a lot of people to be gone. I was mad, ok! haha...Who else felt this way after last year?

Reaction score
Your not alone in that category, buddy. Although I didn't blame Harlan, I was down right pissed at MS and the palyers. The O game plan was the same as two weeks before. Dear god it doesn't take a genius to figure out they would be prepared and have watched game film. But, especially about the Hunt decision. Did he happen to forget that IT WAS WAGAISNT THE EXACT SAME VIKINGS, EXACTLY TWO WEEKS AGO THAT HE DID NOTHIGN AGAINST? lol as you can guess, I haven't completly gotten over that experience just yet. :evil:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
After the loss last year to the Vikings in the playoffs, I wrote the following in a drunken rage. I think most of you will find it funny. I give you...my THANK YOU LETTER TO THE GREEN BAY PACKERS:

Thank you..

-Michael Hawthorne, for missing tackle after tackle this year, and being the worst nickel back I have ever seen in my life.

-Darren Sharper, for earning the nickname "Almost" for ALMOST getting an interception or ALMOST getting a tackle, or ALMOST making a big play. You ALMOST tackled Moe Williams, instead, he went 63 yards for a Touchdown.

-Mark Roman, for losing your composure with 12 minutes to play in the game and deciding to fight with your teammates.

-Ahmad Carroll, for being this biggest first round bust since Ryan Leaf. Your costly holding penalties and blown coverage have earned you my "Least Valuable Player" award.

-Cledius Hunt, for starting 15 games more than you should have. You are a big guy, but do absolutely nothing on defense. Cullen Jenkins outplayed you in training camp,preseason,regular season, and the postseason.

-Nick Barnett, for being the king of over pursuing. If they kept going that way, you would lead the league in tackles. This is the NFL though, the running backs can cutback, they can stop and go the other way. Thanks to you, they have a great lane to run through. Thanks for not staying with your man on 'man-to-man' coverage as well. It's a pretty simple philosophy. You have a man, STAY WITH HIM. After a good rookie season, you have gotten worse as a player and are costly in the run game.

-Kurt Schottenheimer, you are(were) the secondary coach for Packers. Putting boxing gloves on Ahmad Carroll is a cute idea in practice, but until you can do that on Sunday afternoons, you are a moron. I wonder how many tackling drills you put these guys through you stupid son of a b***.

-Najeh Davenport, your two postseason fumbles make you just about useless as trade bait, which was what I hoped we would use you for. You screwed that up good. As*hole.

-Bubba Franks, you cried about not getting enough passes your way, but how many have you dropped throughout the season? Your contract is up soon. Have a nice life.

-Nick Luchey- "Holding, 22 Offense." I had to hear that twice on the same drive, because you are a frigging idiot.

-Bob Slowik, for being the worst Defensive Coordinator in the history of the jewel franchise of the NFL, the Green Bay Packers. Football 101, in Pop Warner football, they teach the kids how to tackle. You forgot how to teach your kids how to tackle. Ahmad Carroll, Joey Thomas, Michael Hawthorne, Darren "Almost" Sharper, Hannibal Navies, and Cledius Hunt. The defensive averaged 0.9 takeaways a game, DEAD LAST in the NFL. I hope to GOD you get fired, or it will be a miserable year for me next year. ******** I have never seen so many missed tackles before. I hope you get hit by a damn bus.

-Officiating crew, for sucking as much as you have for most of the season. Officiating has been bad as I have seen it, not only in the NFL, but in the NBA as well. Old men with slow legs, bad eyes, and questionable agendas calling these games just doesn't make sense to me. How about some young men? Wow, Ed hochuli is a lawyer by trade. That sure doesn't matter.

-Hannibal Navies, who the hell ARE you? I have been trying to figure out who you are and where you came from. Why are you even on this team? Why are you in the NFL? You used to be on the Panthers? Ok. When you figure out why you are on the Packers, please let me know.

-Ahman Green, for being the leader in fumbles this year. You had to win something.

-Tom Rossley, for having an emergency angioplasty. When you went down as offensive play caller, we went on a winning streak. Unfortunately, you survived, and were alive and well for the Vikings game. Ahman was owning the Vikings, but you decided to pass pass pass. Hopefully you have a heart attack when they fire your sorry ***.

-Donald Driver, for dropping multiple passes and running bad routes. You occasionally make a good catch and everyone praises you. Only I see you as an average receiver who looks good only because of #4. I hope you get traded, as I have hoped since Javon has turned into the playmaker he is. Once Javon and Robert were done, I knew the passing game was too.

--Mike Sherman, your stubbornness on starting Jenkins instead of your pick Cledius Hunt hurt the Packers so bad, but you refused to admit you were wrong. 23 of your last 3 first round picks have been busts. Our 4th pick, let's get a punter! Lord knows he won't be there in the 6-7th rounds! Stupid moron. You benched Cledius Hunt in a useless game to send him a message that he didn't even get because he is a fat idiot. You said you were going to start Hunt over Jenkins because Hunt is bigger and can matchup better against the big offensive line of the Vikings. Makes sense, EXCEPT Jenkins has better numbers against the Vikings than Hunt on less plays. Aww. You are such a stupid son of a bi*ch it makes me sick to my stomach. Let's also hire Bob Slowik as defensive coordinator as well. Donatell was bad, but he wasn't a damn idiot. "I have a lot of confidence in Bob Slowik and his abilities. I've watched him over the last four years and he's done a tremendous job in helping us grow as a football team and as a defense." Good call, *******. Slowik has been coaching the secondary the last couple of years, and you didn't happen to notice the secondary get worse. :clap clap clap: Our defense got worse statistically with the addition of Slowik. Thanks for being the GM AND the Head Coach. Most people have trouble doing one of those, but none of that matters to Mike Sherman. He can do it all! Or so he thinks. Your drafting sucks, your decisions sucks, your coaching sucks. The call to throw to the rookie Thurman in the playoffs on a third down, a stupid call. Not only was that a bad call, it was a bad play. Favre said "we don't run that play often." Why run that play when you're down by 10+ points. Run plays you know you can do, plays you know the Vikings struggle with. Good idea talking to Favre after the game, telling him not to base his future in football off of that game. You are ruining the last years of a great career with a bad defense, and a questionable offense. You suck..so bad.
-Joey Thomas, for being another useless rookie CB. I know, I know...your defensive coach sucks. Not much you can do, kid.

-Bob Harlan, thank YOU for being a horrible president of the Packers. You allow Sherman to do all of the stupid **** that he does. Take his GM'ing responsibility away like they did to Holmgren in Seattle. Sherman is a bad coach, and a bad GM, and not only do you let him do one of those, you let him do both.

------
LOL...as you can see...I wanted everyones head, and predicted a lot of people to be gone. I was mad, ok! haha...Who else felt this way after last year?

Do you feel the same way now and if not, what has changed your opinion?

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Is it really necessary to wish physical harm or even death on someone because your favorite football team is underperforming? Some people take this game waaaaaay to seriously.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bottom line on the loss last year(if you had paid attention) was that nearly every commentator says it's nearly impossible for one team to defeat the same team three times in the same year.

What I find as interesting...if you look at the people you were ticked at is that many of them are GONE. The other ones are good players who had a bad game.

Regarding Harlan and Sherman: Harlan took decisive action in bringing in TT, so count that among the changes. The Packers remain among the most revenue-generating teams with fan interest second to none. So criticism of the job that Bob Harlan has done is really, really off the wall.

My goal this year is to get the mindset to: don't panic, it isn't as bad as you think it is. I don't think we've seen the Packers that will take the field against Detroit. I'm not about to crown this team as even playoff contenders at this point. If they play like that that day, then I would say it MIGHT BE a long season. But to repeat, I don't think we've seen the real Packers team...yet.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alcohol does different things to each person - some are happy drunks, some are sleepy drunks.. etc.. like the 7 Dwarf's.. At least you got your wish with Hannibal... that should make you feel better.
This is, of course, an ongoing theme for the small-town team from up nort'....
I had a good laugh the other day when one of the Sports guys was finding errors in officiating... and guess what... it was the Niner's game against the Packers wherein T.O. was made a future Star on the horizon... Not sure why, but he was actually focusing on the Rice fumble... but, re-watching it all over again didn't make me feel any better... I can tell ya that!

Man, I bet that hangover hurt....eh?

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No phil, I dont feel the same way for many of those things. Roman was hurt last year (he still sucks..hopefully just not as much this year). Ahman had a GREAT year the season before...no reason to believe after a healthy offseason, and a contract year, he cant do that again. Harlan fired MS as GM, brought in TT. A lot of things changed..so yeah...

I still think carroll sucks, and jenkins should replace hunt, but I give the coaches the benefit of the doubt, cuz no matter how much we all think we know, they probably know more, since they see them every day.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Feeling you Tromadz, as Vic the Brick would say. Your letter sure brought back some deep burried feelings from that game.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Thank you..

------

ouch that has to hurt

Members online

Latest posts