Someone Here Knows The Answer To This...

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As un-thinkable as this is.... The Packers draft position should now be a following that every Packer Fan who looks beyond this season should consider.

Help me out here please.... What is the tie breaking procedure for teams (Getting a higher pick.) that are tied for the least effective winning record. I am thinking it would be strength of schedule.

Does anyone know if this fact? If it is fact, does anyone know where I can log on and see the NFL Strength of schedule rankings going into the 2005 NFL Season? Or does the strength of schedule change based on the win loss records of the teams we played?

If the season were to end right now who would get the 2nd pick?

NYJ 2-10 AFC ?

GB 2-10 NFC?

SF 2-10 NFC?

NO 2-10 NFC?

RP

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the tie breaker info:
NFL Draft Basics
From James Alder,
Your Guide to Football.
FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!

Determining Order of Selection
• The team with the lowest winning percentage at the end of the previous season drafts first in the NFL Draft.

• The rest of the teams are placed in order from lowest winning percentage to the highest.

• The Super Bowl winner drafts last, even if they do not have the highest winning percentage.

• The Super Bowl loser drafts next to last.

• Strength of schedule for the previous season is the first tie-breaker for teams with the same winning percentage. (this means the 2005 season not 2004.)

• Divisional and conference records are the next step in the tie-breaking procedure.

• As a last resort, a coin toss is used to determine the order of selection for teams with the same winning percentage.

• If a playoff and non-playoff team end the season with the same winning percentage, the non-playoff team selects before the playoff team regardless of strength of schedule.

draft order

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bavpb said:
I think that week 13 didn't change much, but "dunno" for sure. :wink:
Great Blue said all 5 teams with the worst record lost yesterday so the order of the draft remains the same.
Hou
NYJ
SF
GB
Tenn

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how was the game last nite? dispite the loss that is.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still having a hard time looking forward to the drafts at this point but thanks for the links as I will will have to keep up on this for a change.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I can gather, If we win one more game and 5,6,7 and eight lose the rest of their games we would drop to the 8th pick. This would be due to Green Bay opponents having a higher winning percentage.
If we lose the rest of our games and 2 and 3 win one more, we could move up to 2nd, but even if Houston won 1 more and we lost the rest of ours, Houston would still have the 1st pick due to GB opponents having a higher winning percentage.
Does this sound about right or have I gathered wrong?

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for what its worth

Houston
@ Tennessee
vs. Arizona
vs. Jacksonville
@ San Francisco

Green Bay
vs. Detroit
@ Baltimore
@ Chicago
vs. Seattle

San Francisco
@ Seattle
@ Jacksonville
@ St. Louis
vs. Houston

NY Jets
vs. Oakland
@ Miami
vs. New England (monday)
vs. Buffalo

New Orleans
@ Atlanta (monday)
vs. Carolina
vs. Detroit
@ Tampa Bay

my observations...the Jets have the most winnable games, three home games against some not-too-great teams. New Orleans is screwed with three tough division games minus a possible win vs. Detroit. San Francisco has three tough road games and plays Houston the last week which could make the draft scenario interesting...Houston could possibly win at Tennessee, vs. Arizona or vs. San Fancisco. The Packers could logically beat Detroit or Baltimore...interesting standings to cover

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nfl draft forecaster
Here is another site that also has GB w/ the #2 pick. Sorry about the earlier error. When you go to these draft sites you would think they know what they are talking about.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Houston vs SF game at end of year could be big in determining draft picks. But if either team wins that game it is will be an upset.

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the problems in handicapping the draft is that each site uses a different perspective of the strength of shedule issue. If the draft were held today the Packers would have the #2 pick in the draft based on the current 12 game schedule. If ,as many sites do, you add in the rest of the shedule and use week 12 standings the GB moves back to 4. I suspect form perusing the schedule if Houston doesn'y lay down they should beat either Zone or the 49ers. If Sherman sits Favre in the 2nd half we may not win another game and then this discussion will take on new meaning.
DEC

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack88 said:
each site uses a different perspective of the strength of shedule issue. If the draft were held today the Packers would have the #2 pick in the draft based on the current 12 game schedule. If ,as many sites do, you add in the rest of the shedule and use week 12 standings the GB moves back to 4.
Ah ha. Very insightful Pack88.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers will draft top 5 no matter what and with this draft, I see quite a few of game breakers. It'll be interesting to see what the Packers do in April.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is there talk of rodgers playing the 2nd half?

i would personally like to see it. it would be nice to get him some game snaps and this is the season to do it.

i think the SOS will roller coaster some thru the next 4 games but if gb loses all 4, i like our chances at #1. houston should win a game, maybe 2 with sf, az and ten. who knows with the nyj. that division is tight. NO already has 3 wins. we might have to hope houston beats tenn and/or az and sf takes out houston the last week. but then what are the chances that the lions can beat gb this week?

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Packers will draft top 5 no matter what and with this draft, I see quite a few of game breakers. It'll be interesting to see what the Packers do in April.

Unless TT decides to trade down, which I have a feeling is a very likely possibility with him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts