1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SOCCER/FOOTBALL/FUTBOL

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by FrankRizzo, May 28, 2012.

1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 59 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    The true sport of the foot, that's football.
    Why did we name our game "football" when the 2 "positional players" who use their "foot" are not even referred to by all the others as real players?

Anyway, reading thru the other thread here about what other forums we visit... one that I do, Footballs Future, has tons of people in the USA and outside the USA who talk soccer.... I love the World Cup and anything Team USA vs other country.

Loved watching the USA men beat Scottland 5-1 on Saturday, and already have my calendar marked with our next games: This Wed vs Brazil on ESPN2.
    Next Sunday vs Canada on NBC Sports Network. Friday June 8th vs Antigua & Barbados on ESPN.

Let's take a look back to the 2010 World Cup from South Africa. USA needs to win to stay alive.

I bet I'm the only one here who was in a sports pub that morning and part of an ELECTRIC atmosphere like this one?
    I still right now get the goosies, chills, as I did that moment.
    That monent ranks up there with any SINGLE sports moment ever for me, and I've been around.....

Anyone else part of a scene like this one?
    I took off my day teaching Vacation Bible School that day because of this game!

OMG this one is great, from an American fan THERE at the game, recording?

Just can't get enough!

2. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 59 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    Just one game before the Algeria Miracle though, the USA had to avoid losing to Slovenia or we'd be adios.

Last one!

I can't be the ONLY one here????
    We have someone from BRAZIL here... home of the World Cup in 2 years!!!!
    I CAN'T WAIT.
  3. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +930 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    There's another thread that has been discussing soccer. You're not alone. You just didn't find us. It's in the all other sports forum under English Premiere League. There's also a couple short ones in the Atrium.
    Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
  4. PackerFan71

PackerFan71 19/05/12

Ratings:
    +702 / 1 / -1
    Is it possible for the Mods to merge all the various Football/ Soccer threads?
  5. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 59 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    Yes please do.... and I'm sorry I missed it....can you post these video clips into there, or else I can????