So, who are you rooting for now?

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Regardless if the Pack had won against the Giants, I still think the 49'ers are going to muzzle which ever team they were going to face off against in the NFCCG - Come Sunday I bet all those gi ANTS fans will be gone, sobbing away in some dark corner ...

GL 49'ers ... !

I think it will be a Patriots vs. 49'ers Super Bowl this year ...

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The Niners fans on this board have been respectful and informative for a lot of this season. Giants fans just showed up last week and are still agitating.

My son is a die hard Niners fan, yet he was pulling for the Packers with all his heart last year. So I'm going to return the favor. Niners all the way.

ARod

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since my beloved Packers can't make it, I'm having a hard time choosing. I like the idea of Eli getting a ring at his brothers' house. That being said, the 49ers have really turned it around this year, it's been quite impressive. I don't want to see the pats win, and I don't think Houston deserves it, so it's between the 49ers and the giants. I think I'll go for the 49ers.

Hype

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to say the 49ers....

I emulated Ronnie Lott when i was in Grade school and wore #42 for 6 straight years in Pop Warner so theres a part of me that would like to see San Fran win it...

I wouldn't mind seeing B-More win it all cause i want to see Ray Lewis go out in style....and it mite be good thing cause i know noone want to see that stupid dance of his anymore

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
It pains me to say it but I have to root for the Ravens. I'd like to see the 9ers go there, just so they beat the loud-mouth big market team Giants. I would root for any team at all over the Patriots.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
It hit me. The most entertaining thing that could happen.

Niners beat Pats. Defense over offense in the big one.

When it's over Jim Harbaugh (as crazy as he is) instead of shaking Belichick's hand body slams him into the ground in celebration.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I have to say the 49ers....

I emulated Ronnie Lott when i was in Grade school and wore #42 for 6 straight years in Pop Warner so theres a part of me that would like to see San Fran win it...

I wouldn't mind seeing B-More win it all cause i want to see Ray Lewis go out in style....and it mite be good thing cause i know noone want to see that stupid dance of his anymore

Agree. It would be a great story if Ray went out in style. And it also would be a great story if Flacco proved himself. I am sick of Brady and Eli.

I blame this mess all on the Packers.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Rooting for the Patriots and Brady. Since everyone loves to hate Brady, I would love for him to silence them all.

I don't know how anybody can genuinely hate Brady. Sure the Patriots cheated, but Tom Brady is the best. Anyone who denies how great Brady is, is a fool. And it didn't come from taping some hand signals.

I for one am a Tom Brady fan. I might get flamed but whatever Tom Brady is amazing.

I'm not sick of Brady in fact I love Tom Brady even more because after his god mode performance against the Broncos. Now I don't have to hear about Tebow for at least 6 more months and I really appreciate that.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
BTW found this and thought it was kinda funny. Even though it pokes fun at Rodgers

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Norwegian_packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wanna see 9'ers and Ravens, and i root for Ravens. Here's the reason of my Norwergian friends who watches NFL there is Giants and Pats fans, so i will not hear either one of them brag the next year:p i did get enough heat from the Giant fan last game. I think my vote goes to 9'ers this year if my predictions are correct.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I don't know how anybody can genuinely hate Brady. Sure the Patriots cheated, but Tom Brady is the best. Anyone who denies how great Brady is, is a fool. And it didn't come from taping some hand signals.

I for one am a Tom Brady fan. I might get flamed but whatever Tom Brady is amazing.

I'm not sick of Brady in fact I love Tom Brady even more because after his god mode performance against the Broncos. Now I don't have to hear about Tebow for at least 6 more months and I really appreciate that.

(Sounds a little tongue-in-cheek, but I'll go with it.)

I like Brady. More Bradys/Rodgers/Brees...fewer Vicks. That's my motto. If you watch "The Brady 6", you will see - he's a very human guy who had to work his blank off to get anyone to believe in him, and he still has to. Rodgers' path is so similar - they're like a younger and older version of the same guy.

He is pretty transparent about the pain it caused him - when talking about how his parents stood behind him out of college and at that embarrassing Draft, he actually breaks down in tears.

How do you hate a guy like that?

Like I said, I'd be happy with a 49er win or a Patriots win. There are some other great guys on the Patriots (Danny Woodhead, Wes Welker) that I would not mind seeing succeed this year...and the Niners haven't been there in so long, it'd be cool to see that too. Anybody but the mouthy Giants.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Tom Brady is the one QB who reminds me of the most of Joe Montana. His style totally emulates Joe. You can tell he studied him growing up.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The Baltimore/SF wagon is getting stronger now in Indy. I don't think most want Boston and NY fans crawling around either. lmao.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I'm pulling for Baltimore.

Can't see how anyone can hate that defense unless you think they are dirty and too aggressive. Ed Reed deserves a ring, and if this is the end of Ray Lewis, I'd like to see him go out on top as a winner.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I'm pulling for Baltimore.

Can't see how anyone can hate that defense unless you think they are dirty and too aggressive. Ed Reed deserves a ring, and if this is the end of Ray Lewis, I'd like to see him go out on top as a winner.

If this is the end of him then how sad. I am going to miss him a lot. And it would be a great story to see him end it all in Indy.

I hope Ray gives it 100% this weekend. At the very least we can count on a great pre game speech.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
If this is the end of him then how sad. I am going to miss him a lot. And it would be a great story to see him end it all in Indy.

I hope Ray gives it 100% this weekend. At the very least we can count on a great pre game speech.

LOL I've been thinking of a "What if" back when the Ravens were the Browns in the 80's, just what if they had this defense when they lost those 3 AFC Championships to Denver under the West coast offense led by Kosar? Sam Wyche coached the Bengals, and had that famous "You don't live in Cleveland!!" moment, everyone in the old AFC Central was breathing down one another necks, with the Browns being the exception of a dirty defense, which makes me believe the Oilers and Bengals probably would have really loved dealing with the Ravens defense since they couldn't stand each other.

Since after all, if they do make it to the Super Bowl we'll have to be reminded how they are the real Cleveland Browns and the other ones are just an expansion team.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
BTW found this and thought it was kinda funny. Even though it pokes fun at Rodgers

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Dude......

WTF.

I keep trying to ignore that whenever I come into this thread now. Pats fans are a bit TOO into their QB.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Interesting thing I read tonight:
No team in NFL history with an offense or defense ranked outside the top 25 has ever won the Super Bowl.......49ers rank 26th in total offense, Giants rank 27th in total defense and the Patriots are ranked 31st in total defense. The Baltimore Ravens are ranked 15th on offense and 3rd on defense.

I suppose the Giants are on the bubble for D. And the Niners right on the bubble for O.

IMO the best thing that could happen to the game is the Ravens winning it all.

I was delusional a lot this year and would not face the facts. Rodgers was amazing. But, I also hoped the D could turn it around a la 2006 Colts. Problem is the 2006 Colts for those who watched them every single game had two D's; The one with Bob Sanders and the one without. The one with IMO was a top 10 D. The one without was a bottom 10 D. It's no accident they ended the year ranked I think 23rd overall and peaked with Bob in the lineup back for the playoffs.

If the Pats win it all then what becomes of defense wins championships? People will just want to keep loading up on big talented TEs and stuff. If the Giants win then again people will think you can fart around half the regular season and just show up at the right time.

A Patriots/Giants SB is such a bad thing to happen. It's just more QB hype in a QB crazy league.

I would rather see a balanced team win it all who has quietly gone about their business for most of the year without too much hype.

Overall I want to see two bone crushing defensive battles this weekend if the refs allow it. I want to see Brady and Eli have to be challenged and not have enough time to text their wives in between throws.

I am also sick of New York and Boston.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can anyone hate Brady, you ask? I don't hate Brady, but I'm sick of hearing the refrain of how he's the GOAT, the clutchest player ever, far above Rodgers, Brees, or whatever other 2nd-rate QBs are in this league, yada-yada-yada, and if the Pats win the SB this year you will never hear the end of it.

Giants are a little too cocky for me and they've been rubbing it in too much both on the field and off for me to root for them.

I'll root for a SF-Balt superbowl and would be happy to see either one of them win.

Members online

Latest posts