So ....What did we get?

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a duplicate thread

But...

What did we get from the Jets for Favre?

What trades?

What Draft Picks.

I´m on holiday in sunny Spain at the moment and have been out of the loop for 5 days.

I´ll check back in as often as i can. But 1 euro for 10 minutes will kill me!!!!

And as I´m on an all Inclusive holiday the drink is killing me as well. Tromadz would love it here. All the drink you can take from 10AM till midnight!!!!!!!!!!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessioni ... nfirm=true

Details of the deal

The Green Bay Packers traded Brett Favre to the New York Jets for a conditional fourth-round draft pick in 2009, but the deal comes with a number of stipulations, NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports.

» If Favre takes 50 percent of snaps this season, the Packers get a third-round pick. At 70 percent of snaps and if the Jets qualify for the playoffs, Packers receive a second-rounder. If Favre takes 80 percent of snaps and Jets make the Super Bowl, Packers receive first-rounder.

» If Favre retires after one year and Packers get Jets' first-round pick, Packers would send Jets a fifth-rounder in 2010. Additionally, Favre must play in at least 50 percent of one playoff game for Packers to get that compensation. If Packers get second-rounder, Jets would get back sixth-rounder in 2010. If Packers get Jets' third-rounder, Jets would get seventh-rounder in 2010.

» The "poison pill" scenario: If Favre is traded to any team in NFC North, Jets would surrender three first-rounders to Green Bay. Trade also includes provisions preventing trade to another team if that new team were to trade him to NFC North.

» Favre's contract remains $12 million in base salary for this season.

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think favre never should have gone to the jets and thompson wouldve gained respect

Favreforever721

Cheesehead
Reaction score
starr15 said:
i think favre never should have gone to the jets and thompson wouldve gained respect
So what are you suggesting Thompson do? Should he have traded him to the Vikings, Bears, or Buccaneers, all whom are on our schedule this year? I think this deal benefits the Jets and Packers, but hurts Brett Favre's legacy, because he will suffer a losing season and his stats will surely drop from last season.

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dont trade him at all or give him to like the afc weak teams like the afc south

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre would have never approved and it would have dragged on for several weeks more.

Members online

Latest posts