So....what about ?

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
White was a hired gun at the right time. Favre was in fact the heart and soul of the team

He had best 3 seasons by a q.b ever...I defended him to no end on other forums, was even a mod on his own personal forum, and I had the rode colored glasses on ll the time...

I never ever wanted to think he was anything other than great..I even faxed letters into GB to make Ted bring him back..

After he was gone, I stepped back and looked at how he played judged on just performance since the Super Bowls.

Once 1999 rolled around he was average at best

So while we can not forget what he did for the team, the fans and the city, he also should not get free pass for how average he was after those Super Bowls..

From 1999 till he did retire
24 tds per year
20 ints per year
winning % 59

food for thought

Jay Cutler for career
19 tds a year
14 ints per year
56 wins and 48 losses winning %53

So people want to applaud Brett for how "good" he was from 99 till he retired? I am willing to bet that those same people would not take Jay Cutler

Brett's playoffs after 99

playoffs
4-6
19 tds
18 ins
87 rating

He wasnt the huge super star people thought he was from 99 on..

I didnt even mention the whole issue from 08....Just want on pure stats

OP
OP
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Bill, there was something about taxation without representation.....
If them damn colonials had just done as they were told by their benevolent King and paid their taxes.......:whistling: Oh well, I`ll just put on my bulletproof vest, tin helmet, and wait for the flack !! :D. By the way....tea is the devils brew

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now I know how the Brits started the Revolutionary War. :)
Excuse me ??? We didn`t start that one :D
Bill, there was something about taxation without representation.....
The Revolutionary War started when the rich white land and slave owning Americans looked around, saw what the British were doing and decided that's what they wanted for themselves. So they get the working class and poor populace into fighting the war for them. And when it's all over, they can now run things as they see fit and get the money for themselves.
In many ways we still have taxation without representation (How is a bomb that kills an innocent family in Afghanistan going to benefit me?) and our military is still going around and starting and fighting in unneeded wars for the greed of the rich fought by the poor lower class citizens.

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He 999 rolled around he was average at best

So while we can not forget what he did for the team, the fans and the city, he also should not get free pass for how average he was after those Super Bowls..

24 tds per year
20 ints per year
winning % 59

food for thought

Jay Cutler for career
19 tds a year
14 ints per year
rating

all that says to me is QB is a damn tough job/team sport with a million variables and both these guys are damn good at what they do compared to the 100s that have tried.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thread was created in humour, not sarcasm boss :). It was stupid of me and I apologise. THIS was the reason I had asked if a thread could be completely ignored. Most if not all on here have their own opinion of Mr Favre and people brow beating others will not change that. I again apologise for being a ******* in the first place and have no problem with it being locked up. :(

I don't think the thread should be locked up, that was my point as long as thing remain civil. Packer Peeps holler there are too many Favre threads but we've never had a Favre humor thread before!!! I am for keeping it going.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
He had best 3 seasons by a q.b ever...I defended him to no end on other forums, was even a mod on his own personal forum, and I had the rode colored glasses on ll the time...

I never ever wanted to think he was anything other than great..I even faxed letters into GB to make Ted bring him back..

After he was gone, I stepped back and looked at how he played judged on just performance since the Super Bowls.

Once 1999 rolled around he was average at best

24 tds per year
20 ints per year
winning % 59

food for thought

Jay Cutler for career
19 tds a year
14 ints per year

So people want to applaud Brett for how "good" he was from 99 till he retired? I am willing to bet that those same people would not take Jay Cutler

Brett's playoffs after 99

playoffs
4-6
19 tds
18 ins
87 rating

You forgot to mention the six int's against the Rams in '02 ;)

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think buggybill was into his 3rd or 4th gin and tonic when he started this thread.....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
all that says to me is QB is a damn tough job/team sport with a million variables and both these guys are damn good at what they do compared to the 100s that have tried.

With out Reggie Brett never made it to the SB again, even tho he had two chances with two diff teams. And he ended the chance to get to the SB on ints..

In 03 I believe that was the best team all around inthe league, but some one tossed an int.

200 yards rushing and we lose.

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With out Reggie Brett never made it to the SB again, even tho he had two chances with two diff teams. And he ended the chance to get to the SB on ints..

In 03 I believe that was the best team all around inthe league, but some one tossed an int.

200 yards rushing and we lose.

again, that is still better than 100s of others who have ever tried. And I/we are talking Favre/Cutler as individual talents. Reggie has nothing to with it in that context.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
again, that is still better than 100s of others who have ever tried. And I/we are talking Favre/Cutler as individual talents. Reggie has nothing to with it in that context.

I gave comparison of Favre's career from 1999 to Cutler's all time..

Very very similar numbers...

Right now, is Cutler a HOF q/b??

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gave comparison of Favre's career from 1999 to Cutler's all time..

Very very similar numbers...

Right now, is Cutler a HOF q/b??

you tell me lol I'm not the one comparing them for HOF possibilities. Cutler wont throw for as many years or yards as Favre did. Teams don't make HOF,individuals do and its quite obvious Cutler wont even get there

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is the thing, last weekend I was traveling up to and back from Green Bay and in the GB area for the weekend. WSSP the sports talk station out of Milwaukee put everything on Brett for not having his number retired this year. WNFL the sports talk station out of Green Bay which is more focused on national syndicated radio programs was putting it in Mark Murphy and the Packers' lap. It all kind of depends on whether you trust national or local news to get it right. I'd like to believe the national with the bigger budget gets it right, but I'm starting to wonder on some things.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
you tell me lol I'm not the one comparing them for HOF possibilities. Cutler wont throw for as many years or yards as Favre did. Teams don't make HOF,individuals do and its quite obvious Cutler wont even get there

My point is that Brett was average for majority of his career. He wasnt this super star every year like people "seem to think"

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to believe the national with the bigger budget gets it right, ....

Local writers spend much more time with a team than an outfit in New York, and are much more reliable for that reason, imo. The fact remains that Bus Cook was shopping BF around the NFL within a month of his "retirement"(see Sam Farmer, LA Times). His plan was: 1. Retire 2. Get release from team 3. Unretire and sign with team of choice. It didn't work with the Packers; the same plan worked with the Jets. End of story. If the Mississippi Missile had simply been up front with his intentions, there'd be few people defending him today.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
The thread was created in humour, not sarcasm boss :). It was stupid of me and I apologise. THIS was the reason I had asked if a thread could be completely ignored. Most if not all on here have their own opinion of Mr Favre and people brow beating others will not change that. I again apologise for being a ******* in the first place and have no problem with it being locked up. :(
See that's why you lost two us twice. You roll over two quick.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts