So now. . .

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
As much as I think the word "momentum'' is just a myth regarding sports (which involve so many factors that can stop or propel this so called ''momentum''), I think Dallas is the hottest team in the NFL right now. Yea, even more so than the Chargers.

I totally agree that "momentum" is way overrated ...

This is the part I have a difficult time understanding really ...

I mean ... when you look at it ... the teams that all the Play Off teams have played against other play off teams ... - Which team actually has the "better" record and if so ... it is actually only marginal ...

Truth of the matter is ... when you look at each respective schedule ... Neither of any of the NFC teams (prior to the Wild Card round) have met any "superior" teams ... - This seasons NFC has just been too wide "open" really ...

Eagles 0-4 against Play Off teams (lost home and away)
Packers 3-3 against PO teams (lost 2 home and 1 away)
Cardinals 1-2 against PO teams (lost home and away)
Cowboys 3-2 against PO teams (lost away and at home)
Vikings 4-1 against PO teams (lost away)
Saints 3-1 against PO teams (lost at home)

lambeauharrier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as much as i want to see BF fail, i can't see vikes losing at the metrodump. however then that may very well mean they get to the superbowl...as i see arizona winning at saints, but then going on to lose at minny.

minny v chargers in the superbowl IMO

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see where you're coming from, I've grown into the hatred towards the vikings and cowboys and understand where you're coming from. It's just harder for me to see BF in Minne than Dallas to win a playoff game. . .either way we can all agree we dont want to see either in the Super Bowl.

The way I see it, Dallas' winless playoff game streak was broken last week, so one more playoff win isn't gonna matter.

Either way, I'll be cheering for the Cards or Saints to go to the Superbowl. Don't really care who at this point.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Falcons drafted Favre. Just thought I would point that out.

Yeah but Favre didn't really play for them. He took what, 5 or 6 snaps all season long? When the Packers traded for him, they essentially got a rookie QB that still had to be developed.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as much as i want to see BF fail, i can't see vikes losing at the metrodump. however then that may very well mean they get to the superbowl...as i see arizona winning at saints, but then going on to lose at minny.

minny v chargers in the superbowl IMO

Hope you're right.......

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still dying to see the battle of the so-called "choking QB's". Isn't it flooring nobody is talking about Favre and Romo sucking in December and the playoffs? How convenient nobody wants to talk about it because then somebody is going to be proven wrong - either Romo wins or Favre wins and the haters will have no place to spin their deceptive webs.

Hopefully, people will wake up and finally realize that QB's with the best supporting cast generally look better and win in December and January and now February.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still dying to see the battle of the so-called "choking QB's". Isn't it flooring nobody is talking about Favre and Romo sucking in December and the playoffs? How convenient nobody wants to talk about it because then somebody is going to be proven wrong - either Romo wins or Favre wins and the haters will have no place to spin their deceptive webs.

Hopefully, people will wake up and finally realize that QB's with the best supporting cast generally look better and win in December and January and now February.

I'm still floored you refuse to offer evidence on why you say the defense is the reason for Bretts statistically worse month for his career

and in case you havent realized one reason no mention of Bretts choking is that this game is in a dome..

I said it from the start that if they didnt have to go to a colder team for the playoffs I like his chances..Do a search I did say that WAY B4 we had any talk about Bretts slumps...

But lets not bring that up, its more fun to say otherwise

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope you're right.......

BTW - for anybody heavy into statistics and projected outcomes for NFL games, here are some projections to chew on:

ROMO PASSING -- 23 of 35 for 276 yards, 1.6 TD's, .4 INT's
BOYZ RUSHING -- 29 attempts for 110 yards, .8 TD

FAVRE PASSING -- 22 of 35 for 282 yards, 1.6 TD's, .7 INT's
MINNY RUSHING --26 attempts for 99 yards and 1.0 TD's

PROJECTED SCORE:
Minnesota 24.8 - DALLAS 23.6

Chilly Ball may live to see another week, gentlemen!!! :)

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also see the line has gone from Minnesota -2.5 to Minnesota -3.0, meaning the majority of guys that make a living outta gambling are taking Minnesota - another good sign if you are into a Vikings victory this Sunday.

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only two teams I see myself cheering for from the rest of the field are the Saints, and next the Colts. Although my gut, as sickening as it is, tells me the Cowboys are going to win the SB. There should Really be a Cowboys SUX smilie here. Obviously the Queens/Girls game will be the one to watch this weekend. I'm interested in seeing if Satan or the Taliban comes out on top.

O.k., I gotta admit that one is classic...

GBFANATIC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As tough as it is... I follow the same guide lines with any of my teams in sports and root for whoever took us out in the playoffs. I won't verbally get excited and yell and scream for Arizona, but I do now want them to go all the way so that we can at least say we lost to the champs... these guidelines have an exception to 2 teams... I will NEVER root for the Bears or Vikings to win!

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I also see the line has gone from Minnesota -2.5 to Minnesota -3.0, meaning the majority of guys that make a living outta gambling are taking Minnesota - another good sign if you are into a Vikings victory this Sunday.

Shows you know nothing about betting. HOME Teams are pretty much automatically granted 3 points. No matter how bad the team is.

Example: Last week the lines started at GB +3 against AZ. By the End of the week there were on average -1.5 point favorites. Luckily I picked up GB +1.5. Didn't matter I got my money back because regulation ended in a tie.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Shows you know nothing about betting. HOME Teams are pretty much automatically granted 3 points. No matter how bad the team is.

Example: Last week the lines started at GB +3 against AZ. By the End of the week there were on average -1.5 point favorites. Luckily I picked up GB +1.5. Didn't matter I got my money back because regulation ended in a tie.
He thinks he knows all about football and match ups (thats why he said the Packers would win SOUNDLY)

So you really expect him to understand the logic behind betting?

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

"Pretty much automatically granted 3 points."

Well, that is correct. However, what you failed to mention is that the "3" points the home team is granted is already factored into the line as it moves up and down, which it does depending on which team the most money is being bet on - or in simpler terms, once the line is determined and published, the initial number already contains the home team's 3 points.

Here is a simple question that illustrates my point: Why did Arizona go from -3 to +1 to whatever the final line ended up being? Answer: Because most of the money being bet was being wagered on Green Bay early last week.

So, in the case of Dallas and Minnesota, the line yesterday was Minnesota -2.5 and right now it has increased to Minnesota -3 ... indicating that bettors are placing more money on Minnesota to win and cover.

The question now is whether the trend continues, or if -3 forces more bettors to take Dallas, which would then push the line back to -2.5, -2.0, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts