So now. . .

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must say, that was a helluva game to watch. . .from the Minnesota games to Pittsburgh game, I saw the crack was a good QB and that would tear us up but we could win those games still. . .last night was the BIGGEST showing from a QB we've faced obviously, but we STILL almost pulled it out. It was def an ESPN Classic for the ages. . .

ANYWAYS the point of this thread was what are you going to do now?

1. Do you cheer on Favre?

2. Do we actually cheer for Dallas but with one hand over our mouths to muffle the cheers and the other holding a barf bag?

-----------------

I love Favre but he really stung me as a die hard fan this year, and I personally can't see cheering for him when he's wearing those colors.

I was also born with a hate for the Cowboys and some of their players are decent people but I still can't stand seeing them.

My verdict: I will be cheering on the Cowboys this coming week and if they win, hoping they lose the next game.

:viksux:

Our future looks extremely bright! GO PACK GO!

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about we all ignore the Cowboys vs. Vikings game and hope that New Orleans comes out on top in the NFC championship.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Truthfully? Root for the Cards. It'll make last night's loss a bit easier on us (just rationalizing, though) and Larry Fitzgerald is a BEAST. I wanna see the superhuman win a ring.

OP
OP
BBalzWI

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about we all ignore the Cowboys vs. Vikings game and hope that New Orleans comes out on top in the NFC championship.

Well I know what you're saying, none of us want either of those teams to win but one will have to and we all know that we're going to watch that game.

I was just curious where people were leaning in that game. I could see both sides but a certain #4 in purple. . .just sends shivers down my back to see. I like watching his highlights from previous years. . .but in Packer green and gold!:viksux:

Truthfully? Root for the Cards. It'll make last night's loss a bit easier on us (just rationalizing, though) and Larry Fitzgerald is a BEAST. I wanna see the superhuman win a ring.

Yeah I will be cheering for the Cardinals to go all the way too. If you get knocked out of the playoffs, it's always nice to get it from the best team. . . although you can think about it too that if we would've won but there is always coulda-woulda-shoulda.

GO PACK GO!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ANYWAYS the point of this thread was what are you going to do now?
NFC:
Just as long as in the SB it's not the Cruds or the Viqueens.

AFC:
Colts
If your from Wisconsin, here's another reason to cheer them on
Jim Caldwell is from Beloit Wis. (So am I)
A small town on the border of Illinois.

Our future looks extremely bright! GO PACK GO!
Right on baby! Right on!

OP
OP
BBalzWI

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If your from Wisconsin, here's another reason to cheer them on
Jim Caldwell is from Beloit Wis. (So am I)
A small town on the border of Illinois.

Right on baby! Right on!

WOO WOO! My Gramps is from there actually! I didn't realize Caldwell was from there, that's pretty cool actually. I've always thought the Colts have been a standout organization, if Manning continues his game play he very well could go down as the best QB statistically. . .well until Rodgers of course gets to the end of his career (which is a long ways away! *knocks on wood*)

hummyjohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheer for favre and the vikings. i'd rather see an nfc central team do well than some other useless team.

PackerManLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Fitzgerald is a monster, charles is not a small cb and Fitz was just running him over all game. I think they should have called atleast one offensive PI

OP
OP
BBalzWI

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nah, cheer for favre IN SPITE of the vikings fans. it doesn't mean you have to run streaking down main street in purple boxers.

I honestly have such a hard time cheering for the Vikings, just as much the Cowboys but Favre in purple to me is just wrong. It took a lot away from the game, the history of the game to me has rivalries and when those are compromised. . .it just doesn't seem right.

I don't know if that makes much sense to others, but in my head it makes perfect sense. I love the history behind teams and I love Favre. . .don't get me wrong but I can't cheer for him on a rival team.

I cheered so loud when they lost to the Bears in OT in that Monday Night game. . .and it wasn't a playoff. If I would cheer for Favre this game, then I'd want him to win other games and basically make it to the Super Bowl.

I want to turn on ESPN Classic or watch an NFL History Highlight reel and see him in Green and Gold and not in Purple. Favre is the man but I don't want him to make history on a rival team.

To me it's ok if he wanted to continue to play or as I put it. . .

It's ok to re-marry and continue on in life. . .but it's not ok to re-marry your ex's ugly sister.

That's how I feel about Favre in Minne.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly have such a hard time cheering for the Vikings, just as much the Cowboys but Favre in purple to me is just wrong. It took a lot away from the game, the history of the game to me has rivalries and when those are compromised. . .it just doesn't seem right.

I don't know if that makes much sense to others, but in my head it makes perfect sense. I love the history behind teams and I love Favre. . .don't get me wrong but I can't cheer for him on a rival team.

It's ok to re-marry and continue on in life. . .but it's not ok to re-marry your ex's ugly sister.

Yeah man. I get it.
Me and all the other true Packer fans.

OP
OP
BBalzWI

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah man. I get it.
Me and all the other true Packer fans.

Thanks, it's sort of hard to explain. I just like it when rival teams and our legends keep away from one another, oh well though. . .

I love Rodgers and his accuracy and the fact he's 26 years old! =D

GO PACK GO!

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I cheered so loud when they lost to the Bears in OT in that Monday Night game. . .and it wasn't a playoff. If I would cheer for Favre this game, then I'd want him to win other games and basically make it to the Super Bowl.

I want to turn on ESPN Classic or watch an NFL History Highlight reel and see him in Green and Gold and not in Purple. Favre is the man but I don't want him to make history on a rival team.

To me it's ok if he wanted to continue to play or as I put it. . .

After going through a whole season of the BF story with the vikings, thats by far the best explanation a Packer fan can give as to why such disgust:viksux: is felt when I see BF in purple.

OP
OP
BBalzWI

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After going through a whole season of the BF story with the vikings, thats by far the best explanation a Packer fan can give as to why such disgust:viksux: is felt when I see BF in purple.

:-D Thanks.

I couldn't think of any other way to describe it because although we didn't really love seeing Favre in white and green in New York, I can safely say that I cheered him on when he played. . .this year is just a year I don't want to think about the #4 in that color.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been telling people who asked me how I felt about Brett in Minny that it's like watching the long time love of your life go and sleep with that guy you just don't like right in front of you. That's the best way to describe it for me, and why I'll be rooting for him to take hit after hit this weekend.

deloj8809

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas is my second favorite team so thats who I am rooting for. I hope Favre plays like he did years ago in the playoffs against the Rams.

Cartunist23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New Orleans. Anybody who roots for a team in their own division when their success doesn't directly benefit your own team isn't truly a fan of any of them.

Besides, that city has been through alot, give them a damn Super Bowl!