So my English teacher is a 49ers fan....

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
And we just started off the semester. Would I be starting off on a bad foot if I wore my Jordy Nelson jersey to class after a big Packers win on Saturday? :)
Wear it on Friday and again every day after the win. Didn't some kid wear a "lucky" team shirt every day for like 2 months a year or so back.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Definitely before, its a good ice breaker, and you'll definitely want to be one of those students your teacher remembers. They tend to work with you more in those cases

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And we just started off the semester. Would I be starting off on a bad foot if I wore my Jordy Nelson jersey to class after a big Packers win on Saturday? :)
I'd think that your Professor will probably be good natured about it unless you're a **** about it.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely wear your Jordy jersey. I had a Vikings fan for a teacher last year and made a point to sit in the front wearing some sort of Packers stuff every class, usually just a hat.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd suggest the Rogers jersey. Or I could send you my Hornung jersey.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Definitely wear it TOMORROW (Friday), and then again Monday, win or lose.

Last week, our employees were allowed to wear their Packer stuff provided that it suited a business-casual setting. I mean, if you're working in a bank, you can't be walking around in your Super Bowl 45 hat...right? Anyway, one of the tellers was born and reared in St. Paul, MN and was an admitted a Vikings fan.

I went down and asked her if she had a Packers jersey (just to be a ****). When she said "no", I offered her one of my son's. heh heh heh...then, I told her that she should wear her darned Adrian Peterson jersey. At first, she balked but I kept on her and finally she relented. She kept score of the number of people who commented ... 35 ... and only 1 was an a-hole. I told her to just tell each that she was born in St Paul and was raised a Vikie fan -- the H.R. guy wasn't amused because his edict specifically said Packers' ... I gave him a lecture about potential discrimination liability (tongue-in-cheek, of course) and he finally just gave up.

I thought it took a lot of stones for this girl ... and she ended up having a lot of fun with it. The way I see it, it's just a game ... good people do not suddenly become bad because they wear different team's colors (it does raise a question about "taste" and knowledge of the game...but hey...).

Anyway, the Email came out yesterday again...so I responded to the HR guy: "Do we have any 49'er fans here?" :) He responded: "Don't poke that hornet's nest again."

Always the agitator....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts