So....MM still fired?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The difference is in those games the D played well the whole game. The O struggled the whole game.

So, no. It's not an issue when they held them the whole freaking game.

If Cutler had scored a TD, would you blame the game on the D? It's the same thing in those other games.

It's the same dumb logic that blames the AZ game on Rodgers because of the fumble. But he scored 45 freaking points on them.

We will just have to agree that we disagree

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it enough to hand the play calling duties to someone else?

That NEEDS to be a TD in the playoffs.

I dont know...

I love more screens, Kuhn not at goal line anymore..Loved the Rodgers q.b sneak fake would worked if a good pass ( execution)

He has it in him to have good plays called...I just think as H/C sub consciously he gets stuck on certain calls.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before I read the posts from this thread lately I'm gonna post my answer now. I may reply to others as I go through things.

Fire MM: NO! He's done the best he could with what he had.

Fire TT: HELL YES! He has failed to get MM the players we've needed in the past, and this year. Ted HAS GOT to go.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I know Vikings did last year, hey do you remember the last play of the NFC Championship last year, when Brett threw that pick? Or the 07 NFC Championship when Brett also threw that pic that cost the Packers a Super Bowl chance.

Yeah real clutch.

I remember those, do YOU remember Aaron against Tampa last year? Arizona last year? Washington THIS YEAR?

Those games last year were huge and so was the Washington game THIS year

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And because of the one LOST in the playoffs. Until the kid proves he can get it done late in the game, when he HAS TO win it, he won't win a superbowl. That's all my point is, was or ever has been on this board. He hasn't proven it yet, if he CAN he'll be a great QB. If he CAN'T...well we've got Jeff George on our hands.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Before I read the posts from this thread lately I'm gonna post my answer now. I may reply to others as I go through things.

Fire MM: NO! He's done the best he could with what he had.

Fire TT: HELL YES! He has failed to get MM the players we've needed in the past, and this year. Ted HAS GOT to go.

And the players he has won with are 4th string or practice players cuz the others are hurt..

So who brought in those players?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
From the Winners section of Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports Winners/Losers of the Day column:
• Mike McCarthy
He probably never gets the credit for coaching as well as he does. I’m not sure there was a more talented team that dealt with as many injuries this season as the Green Bay Packers. McCarthy kept the Packers focused through two Aaron Rodgers(notes) concussions, a season-ending injury to running back Ryan Grant(notes), and a defense that watched multiple key players head to injured reserve. Green Bay’s gutsy wild-card clinching win over a good Bears team is a testament to McCarthy.

Favre's career ends in unfitting fashion - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we just put RPB's name in pink already? The guy's a troll and trolls should be in pink. The only reason he wants TT gone is because he's a Favre knob bobber who's still bent that his hero forced his way out of GB and TT had the stones to move on.

And fire MM? For what?

It sucked the goal line plays didn't get us 7, but I'm not disappointed in the attempt. I loved the QB sneak fake. That would have been awesome if the pass would have been better. But I suppose MM makes all of Aaron's passes too?

That said, I doubt Mike McCarthy's play calls included Jennings dropping a sure TD pass after it him him in both hands. Again. I doubt the play calls included James Jones and Brandon Jackson dropping passes to extend drives. I also doubt he called for Donald Driver to fumble the ball.

Seriously, this "Fire Mike McCarthy" argument is just stupid. Take a look around- Things could be a LOT worse. thanks to Mike McCarthy, we have back to back seasons where we won at least 10 games and made the playoffs. And this season has been especially trying, considering the injuries to the key personnel we had. If you said at the beginning of the year that we'd lose as many guys as we did, there's no way I'd have us win 10 games this season. 8-8 would have been a miracle.

So we didn't win the division. Am I disappointed? You're damn right I am. But I'm also realistic and grateful that we pulled it together and made it to the playoffs. We have as good a chance to make a run at this thing as anyone does. We don't need to be afraid of anyone. Teams need to fear us.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we just put RPB's name in pink already? The guy's a troll and trolls should be in pink. The only reason he wants TT gone is because he's a Favre knob bobber who's still bent that his hero forced his way out of GB and TT had the stones to move on.

And fire MM? For what?

It sucked the goal line plays didn't get us 7, but I'm not disappointed in the attempt. I loved the QB sneak fake. That would have been awesome if the pass would have been better. But I suppose MM makes all of Aaron's passes too?

That said, I doubt Mike McCarthy's play calls included Jennings dropping a sure TD pass after it him him in both hands. Again. I doubt the play calls included James Jones and Brandon Jackson dropping passes to extend drives. I also doubt he called for Donald Driver to fumble the ball.

Seriously, this "Fire Mike McCarthy" argument is just stupid. Take a look around- Things could be a LOT worse. thanks to Mike McCarthy, we have back to back seasons where we won at least 10 games and made the playoffs. And this season has been especially trying, considering the injuries to the key personnel we had. If you said at the beginning of the year that we'd lose as many guys as we did, there's no way I'd have us win 10 games this season. 8-8 would have been a miracle.

So we didn't win the division. Am I disappointed? You're damn right I am. But I'm also realistic and grateful that we pulled it together and made it to the playoffs. We have as good a chance to make a run at this thing as anyone does. We don't need to be afraid of anyone. Teams need to fear us.

Our O-line CONTINUED (for 5 or more years now) issues are Ted's fault. WHICH affects our running game. Which it COULD be argued is what got Grant hurt. WHICH when it happened Ted had no back up plan. Yeah Ted has to go. Defensively we're good, offensively Ted has been a detriment.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our O-line CONTINUED (for 5 or more years now) issues are Ted's fault. WHICH affects our running game. Which it COULD be argued is what got Grant hurt. WHICH when it happened Ted had no back up plan. Yeah Ted has to go. Defensively we're good, offensively Ted has been a detriment.

Dude, just shut the hell up. Do you even know what you're talking about, or are you just trying to throw crap and hope something sticks?

And no, it cannot be argued our O-line is what got Grant hurt. Our O-line had NOTHING to do with Grant getting hurt, being as how he got rolled up while being tackled on after he broke a long run during week 1.

Since you're obviously slow, breaking a long run means he was past the line of scrimmage which also means he was past the o-line. This means the o-line had nothing to do with his injury.

Go away troll.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Dude, just shut the hell up. Do you even know what you're talking about, or are you just trying to throw crap and hope something sticks?

And no, it cannot be argued our O-line is what got Grant hurt. Our O-line had NOTHING to do with Grant getting hurt, being as how he got rolled up while being tackled on after he broke a long run during week 1.

Since you're obviously slow, breaking a long run means he was past the line of scrimmage which also means he was past the o-line. This means the o-line had nothing to do with his injury.

Go away troll.

He went away :)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing needs to be said about MM.

The team CLEARLY has his back. Watching the postgame speech, they love him.

Firing MM could regress this team deeply.

Still, if he cannot progress, recognize and correct his mistakes, it might very well be the only solution to a SB title.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I said it before...

But if after what is it? 5 years now, he hasnt changed his way, he never will

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with MM at all. I have a problem with the execution of the game plan and plays by the Players. Which one could say comes down to the position coaches. Penalties have dropped to nearly nothing compared to the last couple years, so MM did a great job getting the team to play disciplined ball after the flag fest at Chicago this year. The players like him and play hard for him. He's the best coach we've had since Holmgren period.

Our weakest area which I feel makes or breaks teams in the Playoffs is ST. For the first time that I can think of in years, our ST helped us overcome a good team in a close game (the bears). ST needs to step it up in the playoffs or we won't get far.

When two teams are equal on offense and defense the special team play is the difference in the ball game. (think Jimmy Johnson said that).

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with MM at all. I have a problem with the execution of the game plan and plays by the Players. Which one could say comes down to the position coaches. Penalties have dropped to nearly nothing compared to the last couple years, so MM did a great job getting the team to play disciplined ball after the flag fest at Chicago this year. The players like him and play hard for him. He's the best coach we've had since Holmgren period.

Our weakest area which I feel makes or breaks teams in the Playoffs is ST. For the first time that I can think of in years, our ST helped us overcome a good team in a close game (the bears). ST needs to step it up in the playoffs or we won't get far.

When two teams are equal on offense and defense the special team play is the difference in the ball game. (think Jimmy Johnson said that).
I agree, but it's MM who chooses the position coaches...

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a hard time wondering why anyone has the notion that Mike should be fired.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
LAG I agree with you, I know that he has blunders like every other coach and is a pretty bland coach, but he has had some ballsy plays that worked great for him. A few successful onside kicks, two I can name that turned the game around for us, even if we ended up losing. He has brought us to the NFC playoffs, and rumored thought about benching Favre, but knew he would be crucified on the spot if he did. His playcalling may need improving but letting Rodgers call audibles helps that. And the players always seem to praise him.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to say if he should be fired right now.
On the one hand, he pulled off one of the greatest coaching decisions this year using back ups when a lot of the starters were done with injuries.
So maybe it's not him that should take all the blame but rather the circumstances.
On the other hand he could have done a better job of play calling. Have Aaron throw more short screens and slants. Heck. Just have Aaron throw more, period.
Yet I still think that we could have a better coach with better play calling and someone who lights a fire under the players butts. You know. Another Lombardi type.

I'm just glad I'm not him and I wouldn't want a HC job for any amount of money.
Being manager of a softball team is enough, thank you.

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe the Saints should fire Sean Payton. After all, they lost to the Seahawks.

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chiefs should fire Todd Haley. He made a bad challenge in the first half.

Members online

Latest posts