So....MM still fired?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we have a Driver fumble, TWO Jenning drops and a Jackson drop on 3rd down..and MM needs to be fire

We get at least one Td if Jennings catches ONE of the two drops

and as been posted, Rodgers has issues vs the cover 2 and its now being shown how much trouble
I agree with all of those.

Still, those are reocurring error. It happened the same thing against AZ last year.

MM is the head of the Packers. Even if it's not directly his mistake, it's his fault.

It's not a coincidence that it was the offense that made those mistakes, and that the defense played lights out and won us the game yet again.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
A fumble and dropped passes by VETERANS are execution, so you want Mm to be fired for that?

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with all of those.

Still, those are reocurring error. It happened the same thing against AZ last year.

MM is the head of the Packers. Even if it's not directly his mistake, it's his fault.

It's not a coincidence that it was the offense that made those mistakes, and that the defense played lights out and won us the game yet again.

You are right PackerRS. MM deserves to be fired.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Literally the only complaint I could see about McCarthy today is the playcalling at the goal line when we got our field goal. That was bad.

Everything else was players making errors. That's not on Mike. He put them in position to make plays and they didn't.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM will get votes for Coach of the Year. And he deserves them. This was a very well-coached team. Defense and special teams came up big today.

This act is old. There is no shame in admitting you are wrong. And you are wrong about MM.
Defense always comes up big. Always.
Offense, not so much.

Again, coincidence? Last year, the D was up and down. But we have great D coaches and a great DC, so it was corrected.

Who do we have at OL coach? Who do we have at WR coach (yes, I'm questioning Jimmy Robinson)?

Like I said, MM is the head coach. It's like a company. It's ultimately his fault if the players don't execute consistantly.

Unless you think the problem is lack of player quality. Then it's TT's fault.

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense always comes up big. Always.
Offense, not so much.

Again, coincidence? Last year, the D was up and down. But we have great D coaches and a great DC, so it was corrected.

Who do we have at OL coach? Who do we have at WR coach (yes, I'm questioning Jimmy Robinson)?

Like I said, MM is the head coach. It's like a company. It's ultimately his fault if the players don't execute consistantly.

Unless you think the problem is lack of player quality. Then it's TT's fault.

Dear Debbie Downer,

You are right again

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dear Debbie Downer,

Blah blah blah. The Packers made the playoffs and went 10-6. They were also the most injured team in the league. MM and his staff did their jobs.

If you want to beat the fire MM drum, then start it up again next year. Not this year. The act is old. The train has gone.

Enjoy the moment! We are at the dance. Now anything can happen.
A wildcard spot is good enough for you? I want more.
Do you like seeing the O come unprepared and unable to move the ball despite all the talent?

Why does the D keep winning us games with guys like Sam Shields, Charlie Peprah, Howard Green and Eric Walden?

I'm trying to look past the record, look at why we win and lose games. I'm not satisfied with McCarthy. His playcalling has been much better the last weeks (though still lacking. My mother yelled Kuhn handoff on that first and goal). And there are some really incompetent coaches on this team that keep hindering us back.

But if you don't want to anylize anything and just cheer, be my guest. But don't rebute what I question with simple "we won" or "we're injuried" answers. I know you can bring more than that.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Do you like seeing the O come unprepared and unable to move the ball despite all the talent?

It's amazing how 1 week changes perception.

Last week's game was every bit as big as this one and we had over 500 yards and 40+ points. He came out against New England and had a brilliant gameplan that nearly beat them. Just because we struggled against a REALLY good Chicago defense it doesn't mean McCarthy's head should roll. Sometimes games just go like that.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's amazing how 1 week changes perception.

Last week's game was every bit as big as this one and we had over 500 yards and 40+ points. He came out against New England and had a brilliant gameplan that nearly beat them. Just because we struggled against a REALLY good Chicago defense it doesn't mean McCarthy's head should roll. Sometimes games just go like that.
DET. WAS. MIA. CHI twice. Games where the O came "unprepared" and costed us (or almost) the game.

And I don't think I mentioned gameplanning. He's not just the OC. He's the HC. Unfortunately for him, he's responsible for a lot that happens on this team.

The strange thing is, last year this wasn't happening. We had some of the same problems, with playcalling early in the year, with OL and WR drops the whole year. But the O still put 20+ points each and every game. Last year it was the D that costed us most games. And ST. ST has sucked almost every game along the way.

The D has come up in such a way, even with loads of injuries. I just have to conclude that we have much better coaches in the D side than on the O side, that after one year in the same system, they have become one of the best D's in the game.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Gary Kubiak and Marvin Lewis may both still have their jobs. Kubiak hasn't even taken the Texans to a playoff game in 5 years and Marvin Lewis is 0-2 in wildcard games in 8 years.

McCarthy has taken us 3 of 5 years, and the one year they missed was when they were completely rebuilding (and they still almost snuck in).

Whether you support him or not, I believe we're stuck with him... unless TT gets fired. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because he does make some decisions in certain spots that hold us back (i.e. goalline situation today, that Matt Flynn scenario at end of NE game) but overall, I do think he's a top ten coach, at least.

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A wildcard spot is good enough for you? I want more.

Why does the D keep winning us games with guys like Sam Shields, Charlie Peprah, Howard Green and Eric Walden?

I'm trying to look past the record, look at why we win and lose games. I'm not satisfied with McCarthy. His playcalling has been much better the last weeks (though still lacking. My mother yelled Kuhn handoff on that first and goal). And there are some really incompetent coaches on this team that keep hindering us back.

But if you don't want to anylize anything and just cheer, be my guest. But don't rebute what I question with simple "we won" or "we're injuried" answers. I know you can bring more than that.

I think the wildcard spot was good

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
In every game the D has been there, keeping us in the game. This year, that is. Last year, they costed us a lot of games where the O had to produce tons of points just to keep us alive.

Which games you can put on the D?

1st Bear game hold them to no gain we go to over time, allowed them to 21 yards on one play, then a penalty got them to the 9

Washington 10 points in 3rd q, then the final drive for a FG to win..How can you forget the 50 yard bomb for a TD?

Atlanta, hold them to under 10 yards we go to OT they let them gain 20 yards..

I know I am nit picking SOME, but those are three drives (2 to end the game) that the D didnt hold the opponents...If they ALWAYS did it, then we go to OT in at least 2 of those games..

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before all you McCarthy apologists get your knickers in a knot because some of us aren't so impressed by your hero, let me ask you a question. If before the season began, someone had told you that the Vikings were going to implode and finish last in the division, and the NFCN champion was going to have a first round bye, how many of you would have said,the Packers are going to have a great year? The fact of the matter is, this team should have won their division, they should be the team taking next week off, instead of having to play on the road!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Before all you McCarthy apologists get your knickers in a knot because some of us aren't so impressed by your hero, let me ask you a question. If before the season began, someone had told you that the Vikings were going to implode and finish last in the division, and the NFCN champion was going to have a first round bye, how many of you would have said,the Packers are going to have a great year? The fact of the matter is, this team should have won their division, they should be the team taking next week off, instead of having to play on the road!

And if you told me before the season we'd end up with the amount of injuries that we've had this year, and that Grant and Finley would be on IR early in the year, I'd have told you we'd be lucky to win 7 games.

Also, nobody saw Chicago being this good. It's not like Minnesota being bad meant the whole division was all of a sudden terrible, because Chicago pretty much replaced them as the other good team.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

And if you would have told me at start of season we would lose

Grant, Finley, Taucher, half our LB, 3 or 4 D--L and a few D-B and we make playoffs

I would have said your crazy..

EVERYONE OF YOU HATERS would said some thing...

Dont lie........ you know you would

Face it, YOU wont change the minds of some, and We wont change your minds..

Can we ******* stop it now?

We made the playoffs, despite 14 players on IR

FOURTEEN PLAYERS ON IR

We have Grant and Finley at the very least I say we have 2 more wins

Does that not mean a THING?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, a wildcard spot is good enough for me. We are at the dance. This was a great win and a great day for Packer fans.

What playmakers on offense? Two of their best have been injured for the bulk of the season ... Jermichael Finley and Ryan Grant. They still have Rodgers and Jennings, but half of their playmakers are gone. Go back and check the injury reports if you don't believe this is true. The Bears played with all 22 of their starters from week 1; the Packers were missing 9 today. Grant, Finley, Tauscher, and Hall on offense ... Jenkins, Barnett, Jones, Chillar, and Burnett on defense.

Also, please answer my question .. with whom would you replace McCarthy?

BTW .. your silly position on this issue (calling for the Head Coach's head after they have just made the playoffs with their run of injuries) is destroying your credibility. At this point, rest it and bring it up next year again if the Packers start to tank. Not the time now.
We lost Barnett, Jenkins, Neal, Burnett, Jones, Zombo and Bigby on D, but we don't have the same problem.

About position on this issue, if you don't like this thread don't look at it. I didn't create it, but I'm responding to it.

You still haven't answered any of the questions I proposed... But why am I expecting you to anyway? You're just gonna rabble that MM shouldn't be questioned because we made the playoffs.

Winning validates everything apparently.
1st Bear game hold them to no gain we go to over time, allowed them to 21 yards on one play, then a penalty got them to the 9
Yes, when the D doesn't hold the opponent to NO GAIN it's a fail...
We held them to 13 points!!!!!!!!

The O commited 16 penalties and a key fumble... Also couldn't score more than 20 points. ST allowed a TD return!

Washington 10 points in 3rd q, then the final drive for a FG to win..How can you forget the 50 yard bomb for a TD?
We held them to freaking 16 points, sacked McNabb 5 times, kept them to less than 60 rushing yards.

We couldn't score more than 13 points! Rodgers threw a pick in OT (which was the protections' fault)!
Atlanta, hold them to under 10 yards we go to OT they let them gain 20 yards..
Do I need to respond to this? We couldn't hold them to TEN YARDS and it's a fail? When we held them to 20 points?????? When the O fumbled at the 2 yard line, and the ST allowed an atrocious return that pratically sealed the game?

I know I am nit picking SOME, but those are three drives (2 to end the game) that the D didnt hold the opponents...If they ALWAYS did it, then we go to OT in at least 2 of those games..
We did go to OT a lot of those games. Only for the O to toss the game away. And the others that we didn't either the O couldn't move the freaking ball, they fumbled the ball in a key position, or the dumb ST was atrocious in the worst possible moment. Yes the D allowed SOME plays, but it's impossible not to.

What you are doing is not nitpicking. Is creating something that isn't there. You're arguing that the D didn't single handedly won every single game. Well, they didn't.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont deny they kept us in the game.

You asked what games can I blame the D for

I gave you the games???

Atlanta, started at the Packer 49...The D allowed them to get to the 29...Kicked a 47 yarder..

Hold them to 10 yards thats the 39

that would been a 56 yarder, little more hard to make

So your saying the D should not be held responsible?

I have seen you complain that the offense cant get X amount of yards by MM play calling, but think its okay for the D to allow a team to get 20 when they needed to hold them to 10?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'm not understanding what's good enough for you guys. Football teams don't score 40 every game. They have days like today on occasion. That's the way it goes. 10 wins and in the Playoffs despite the injuries is, to me, the stuff a Coach of the Year is made of and you want him gone.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, when the D doesn't hold the opponent to NO GAIN it's a fail...
We held them to 13 points!!!!!!!!

The O commited 16 penalties and a key fumble... Also couldn't score more than 20 points. ST allowed a TD return!

We held them to freaking 16 points, sacked McNabb 5 times, kept them to less than 60 rushing yards.

We couldn't score more than 13 points! Rodgers threw a pick in OT (which was the protections' fault)!

Do I need to respond to this? We couldn't hold them to TEN YARDS and it's a fail? When we held them to 20 points?????? When the O fumbled at the 2 yard line, and the ST allowed an atrocious return that pratically sealed the game?

Why is it okay to blame a fumble, int or a s/t play for a loss, but when the D doesnt hold a team when absolutely needed its not an issue?

Rodgers HAS to perform at clutch at certain times...I will admitt that all day...But if he has to perform at critcial times, the D has to as well and IMO at least 2 games they didnt..

They know the score, they know what they have to do, but failed in my eyes

And yes the offense has failed too, but YOUR question was, what games do I pin on the D

And finally?

:chisux:

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way you could fire MM after going to the playoffs with half a team. BUT, THE FIRST AND GOAL SEQUENCE FROM THE ONE YARD LINE DROVE ME INSANE. Sometimes his play-calling is mind boggling.

I hope he prepares the Pack for Vick and the Eagles.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the job that the Coaching Staff has done this year. By far an outstanding job considering all of the adversity they had to face week in week out in getting guys ready to play. One of the biggest losses of the season was Jermicheal Finley. Green Bay is a Team that is built for the pass much like the San Francisco 49ers were when they had Montana and Craig. Well we loss our lead Tailback and Finley serves as that weapon to move the chains. We are who we are and we are built to throw the football mixing in some runs to keep teams honest. Well losing the primary weapon to move the chains and the lead Tailback left Green Bay with the only option to adjust throwing the ball outside with occasional inside gains with Kuhn and Jackson. Anyway, I am proud of the way our team has played this year and the job our coaching staff has done. The point Point Differential proves it.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No way you could fire MM after going to the playoffs with half a team. BUT, THE FIRST AND GOAL SEQUENCE FROM THE ONE YARD LINE DROVE ME INSANE. Sometimes his play-calling is mind boggling.

I hope he prepares the Pack for Vick and the Eagles.

I think most would agree his play calling sucks at times, not enough to be fired for

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is it okay to blame a fumble, int or a s/t play for a loss, but when the D doesnt hold a team when absolutely needed its not an issue?

Rodgers HAS to perform at clutch at certain times...I will admitt that all day...But if he has to perform at critcial times, the D has to as well and IMO at least 2 games they didnt..

They know the score, they know what they have to do, but failed in my eyes

And yes the offense has failed too, but YOUR question was, what games do I pin on the D

And finally?

:chisux:
The difference is in those games the D played well the whole game. The O struggled the whole game.

So, no. It's not an issue when they held them the whole freaking game.

If Cutler had scored a TD, would you blame the game on the D? It's the same thing in those other games.

It's the same dumb logic that blames the AZ game on Rodgers because of the fumble. But he scored 45 freaking points on them.