So....MM still fired?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will see how well jackson does post season if they get there. Although I would love to be wrong, I am still saying lack of a running game will do them in come the playoffs.

You do realize there is more to a running game than simply getting the ball out of the back field and running with it, right?

Jackson might not get the yards, but he mostly does enough to force teams to at least consider playing the run. He's excellent in the screen game and, more importantly, helps us out in play-action.

No, he's not Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson, or Michael Turner, but then again, we don't run that type of offense anyway. Jackson, Nance and Kuhn do what we need them to do, which is why it works.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. People think running a real football team is akin to running a Madden franchise. Sorry, but it's not. You can't just plug and play players and expect them to perform at a high level right away. Real life doesn't work that way.

Look how that plug and play thing is going for Randy Moss. I'm laughing my *** off, eat your heart out Randy. Bet he's sorry he whined his way off the Pats.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well said.

ANYONE who says we need to give up draft picks for in-season trades is just an idiot. I'm sorry, but we've been over this nonsense over and over again. There's many a RB thread on this forum, and it keeps getting proven to the naysayers that we made the RIGHT decision in not trading for Marshawn Lynch based on our team's actual needs.

Besides, he's done **** for Seattle. Jackson has had a MUCH better season.
Agreed on trading for a RB (cause we have Grant and there was noone worth).

Disagree on Jackson, but won't enter that again, as there's a huge thread about it.

Anyway, this thread is about MM and firing him or not.

Let's keep it that way shall we?

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why fix what ISN'T broke on the team when the GM is unwilling or not smart enough to fix what IS broken. No, McCarthy needs to stay. Ted needs to be given a greyhound bus ticket out of GB.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RealPackerBacker loves the Viking QB, and is as much a Packer backer as his heartthrob.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RealPackerBacker loves the Viking QB, and is as much a Packer backer as his heartthrob.

Sorry, but here's my one question for you if you choose to view things THAT way:

Wouldn't you prefer to have a QB who can win games at crunch time instead of going into the final 2 minutes of a game down 3 KNOWING that the Packers are gonna lose?

I know I would!

ClayMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre trade, Rodgers draft, Justin Harrell draft, no back up plan for when Grant went down.

This year's team the way I see it has succeeded DESPITE Ted not because of him.

Favre trade ended up working out great. Last time I checked Rodgers is a pro bowl QB who has been one of the best in the past three years. Also are you forgetting that Ted Thompson also drafted AJ Hawk, Clay Matthews, BJ Raji, Jordy Nelson, Finley, and last time I checked they are all starters and good players. Please tell me why he is a bad GM? Just because your still angry because that diva is gone.

If Ted hadn't of gotten rid of Brett we wouldn't have Rodgers.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre trade, Rodgers draft, Justin Harrell draft, no back up plan for when Grant went down.

You and the Viking QB need to get over drafting Rogers. It clearly has been the best move TT has made FOR THE TEAM.

It's The Green Bay Packers, remember.

ClayMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, but here's my one question for you if you choose to view things THAT way:

Wouldn't you prefer to have a QB who can win games at crunch time instead of going into the final 2 minutes of a game down 3 KNOWING that the Packers are gonna lose?

I know I would!

Yeah I know Vikings did last year, hey do you remember the last play of the NFC Championship last year, when Brett threw that pick? Or the 07 NFC Championship when Brett also threw that pic that cost the Packers a Super Bowl chance.

Yeah real clutch.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I know Vikings did last year, hey do you remember the last play of the NFC Championship last year, when Brett threw that pick? Or the 07 NFC Championship when Brett also threw that pic that cost the Packers a Super Bowl chance.

Yeah real clutch.
Exactly! Favre hasn't been clutch in big games in a long time.

Trading Favre turned out to be a great deal for the Packers.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

LOL!!!!

So if CLay is a beast and helping the D.....Who drafted him?

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point remains keep McCarthy FIRE Thompson. Too much bad has gone on while he has been our GM and he would've been fired by MOST teams after the first 2 or 3 things. He wouldn't have even been around to make THIS YEAR's screw up

ClayMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point remains keep McCarthy FIRE Thompson. Too much bad has gone on while he has been our GM and he would've been fired by MOST teams after the first 2 or 3 things. He wouldn't have even been around to make THIS YEAR's screw up

Yeah I am positive that every team in the league would fire a guy who drafted Clay Matthews and Aaron Rodgers, and has had only one losing season as there GM. Man, talk about about horrible. pfftt

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Tell ya what

dig up the old fire Ted threads and post there...

This is suppose to be about MM

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tell ya what

dig up the old fire Ted threads and post there...

This is suppose to be about MM

Unfortunately, in the eyes of Favre worshippers, TT, Rodgers, and McCarthy are one and the same. It's not so much that they truly believe that they are incompetent, it's that they blame them for accepting Favre's resignation. What they don't understand is that TT & MM couldn't allow Brett to run the Pack into the ground like the Wilfs (with help from no balls Childress) because they don't own the team. Will McCarthy make mistakes? Sure he will, but I would take him ahead of any coach out there, and ahead of those talking heads that want to come back to coaching. And that's win or lose on Sunday.

ClayMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately, in the eyes of Favre worshippers, TT, Rodgers, and McCarthy are one and the same. It's not so much that they truly believe that they are incompetent, it's that they blame them for accepting Favre's resignation. What they don't understand is that TT & MM couldn't allow Brett to run the Pack into the ground like the Wilfs (with help from no balls Childress) because they don't own the team. Will McCarthy make mistakes? Sure he will, but I would take him ahead of any coach out there, and ahead of those talking heads that want to come back to coaching. And that's win or lose on Sunday.

Amen :happy0005:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why fix what ISN'T broke on the team when the GM is unwilling or not smart enough to fix what IS broken. No, McCarthy needs to stay. Ted needs to be given a greyhound bus ticket out of GB.

Go away, troll. The Vikings boards are ---------> That way.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I'm not being oportunistic here, because I'm posting before the end of the game, and I"ve stated my opinion before, but a team coming into this kind of game, and being unprepared and slow like this?

Once again, key drops, costly fumbles and stupid penalties.

And, of course, the D, coordinated entirely separatedly by Dom Capers, is playing on all cylinders.

Once again, so much talent wasted...

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So we have a Driver fumble, TWO Jenning drops and a Jackson drop on 3rd down..and MM needs to be fire

We get at least one Td if Jennings catches ONE of the two drops

and as been posted, Rodgers has issues vs the cover 2 and its now being shown how much trouble

Members online

Latest posts