So if Favre retires...

TheDesertFox

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it too early to talk about this, or is it somewhere else on the board?

I like ARod, but what about his durability?

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rodgers is ready. He definitely has a different style than Favre, but he seems comfortable on the field. I think we'll be okay IF Brett leaves, but I really hope he doesn't.

Reaction score
Durability would be a concern for sure, that's why I think they (meaning Ted and the staff) would target a veteran QB as insurance.

Perhaps someone like Gus Frerotte who was recently released by the Rams. Maybe the Packers would target a vet on another team, like Kurt Warner, and offer a day two pick (5th round) for him.

Also, I imagine the Packers would draft a QB too, probably on day 2.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear that when Rodgers takes over, we will never lose another game, and he will never throw any interceptions. I guess we will see.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope favre doesn't retire, he's one of the most exciting players to watch. Even when the packers aren't winning their games, you always feel you've got a chance to come back and win. Not many teams can say that.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems weird to even talk about it. But, it will come eventually.

ARod looked really good when he came in against Dallas. Hostile enviroment, but he didn't get rattled and hung in there. We might have had a fightin' chance had Harris not been totally owned by TO. Guess we'll get 'em this year when they come to Lambeau.

If Favre retires, the only QBs on the roster are Rogers, Nall and those two other guys I've never heard of. I could see TT taking another QB this draft on the second day and bringing in a vet (hopefully not Ferotte though...yeesh).

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre retires, the only QBs on the roster are Rogers, Nall and those two other guys I've never heard of.

You mean you've never heard of Jerry Babb and Dalton Bell. You must be living under a rock :roll:

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rodgers is ready, but I still WANT Favre under center.

No one mentioned this but if Favre retires, won't we have like another $11 million in salary cap space????

I'd rather have Favre than that $11 million.

Reaction score
I think Rodgers is ready, but I still WANT Favre under center.

No one mentioned this but if Favre retires, won't we have like another $11 million in salary cap space????

I'd rather have Favre than that $11 million.

In an article, I think I read we'd get somewhere closer to 14 million in cap space when Favre retired.

Not sure how true that is since I Favre's cap charge is around 11 million.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

His injuries have been rather freakish, but I understand the concern. I think Favre will come back, and even if he did retire, GB would get someone to 'compete' (that means 'get their *** beat while making it look like competition,' kinda like Brandon Jackson is going to 'compete' with Ryan Grant in training camp)

ftwuno

Cheesehead
Reaction score

arod needs some of brett's genes to be durable

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett is going to retire someday. It's going to happen. I hope it's not this year because I think with Brett this team has a legitimate shot to win it all. Granted we have some holes to fill, but with Brett anything is possible.

I also think Brett is probably more serious abougt retiring now than ever before. I can still see images of him against the Bears in Chicago and Ice Bowl II in Green Bay. He just looked liked a a tired and cold old man out there. I think I'd have felt the same way. I believe he truly enjoys playing the game yet, but when it comes to adverse situations like this, he's thinking, "what the hell am I doing here?" So for as much as I want him back, I won't be the least bit surprised to hear that he has decided to retire.

And finally, it's just Arods turn. This guy has hung around for a long time and eventually he's going to have to prove or disprove that he's ready to take over this team and can win. Ted Thompson has done an exceptional job of rebuilding this team in a very short time. He is buildling this team in such a manner that whoever takes over can be successful. I'm not worried about either scenario.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be a very sad day for me when Brett retires, but it will come eventually and maybe this year. But all I will think about is the commitment, dedication, toughness, competitiveness, and excitement that he has portrayed in the game of football. And when he decides to hang it up he will deserve some family time with his family after all these years. I just hope its not this year, because he can still play at a high level. He will know that the time is right to retire.

Do I think Rodgers is ready to take over the helm as QB? He hasnt proven himself, and when he did play he kept getting injured. But the potential is sure there. But it wont hurt him to sit under Brett another year or two if Brett does return, he is only learning from the best.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
injury might be a little concern.

but you gotta keep in mind. the kid broke his foot and played the rest of the game on it. thats Favre-esque. the coaching staff ruled him out for the year to protect our investment. he does seem to get nicked up a little. but he is tough and playing on a broken foot proves it.

I love Favre, and will miss him when he leaves. But Arod has already shown me little signs like this that he is gonna be good. or at the very least someone we can be proud of. Im actually kind of excited about his time.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just received an email from my dad saying NFL Network reported that Favre wants Moss (again) and otherwise he'll be leaning toward retirement.

Ok... I don't know if this was just a guess by some random NFL analyst or Favre actually said something along these lines, but I think it's crap, and I've been a huge Favre fan for all of his years in GB. What he's basically doing is putting the decision of his career in the hands of the Patriots and Randy Moss, who are trying to work out a deal.

I don't know, I've never wanted Favre to call it quits, even after the 29 INT season, but all of this Randy Moss "get him or I'm gone" talk is starting to fray my nerves. Maybe it's time for A-Rod. ::SIGH::

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just received an email from my dad saying NFL Network reported that Favre wants Moss (again) and otherwise he'll be leaning toward retirement.

Ok... I don't know if this was just a guess by some random NFL analyst or Favre actually said something along these lines, but I think it's crap, and I've been a huge Favre fan for all of his years in GB. What he's basically doing is putting the decision of his career in the hands of the Patriots and Randy Moss, who are trying to work out a deal.

I don't know, I've never wanted Favre to call it quits, even after the 29 INT season, but all of this Randy Moss "get him or I'm gone" talk is starting to fray my nerves. Maybe it's time for A-Rod. ::SIGH::

Sounds like the NFL Network needs ratings. Don't believe everything you hear. That doesn't sound Favre-ish, especially after the season Favre had last year.

We got Driver, Gregorious, K-Rob, and Martin. That's probably the #2 WR set in the NFL. Plus Donald Lee is quickly emerging as a solid TE. I doubt Favre would have said that.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MassPackersFan said:

Sounds like the NFL Network needs ratings. Don't believe everything you hear. That doesn't sound Favre-ish, especially after the season Favre had last year.

We got Driver, Gregorious, K-Rob, and Martin. That's probably the #2 WR set in the NFL. Plus Donald Lee is quickly emerging as a solid TE. I doubt Favre would have said that.

That really sounds out of character for Favre. Moss would be great, but surely Favre recognizes the talent he's got around him and wouldn't pull a stunt like this.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly don't know. The media kind of squashed it but he had a little pissy outburst last year too, when the Moss deal fell through to the Pats.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly don't know. The media kind of squashed it but he had a little pissy outburst last year too, when the Moss deal fell through to the Pats.

That was before the emergence of Gregorious, who by the way is only going to get better. Gregorious hasn't reached his prime.

28 TDs last year. Huge improvement over the previous season. WR emergence was a big reason for that. Plus, I bet Donald Lee in '08 will surpass his '07 TD total.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts