So Did We All Learn Our Lesson?

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre beat us twice and got his revenge. Are we all appropriately shamed and humiliated? I mean, from what I've gathered, we traded two Super Bowls to put Rodgers at the helm (last year and this year). I, for one, am embarrassed and disgraced and have learned my lesson for being a Packers fan in this much heated and ugly divorce.

I jest. Go Packers! Go Aaron Rodgers!

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You should be for supporting Ted Thompson...

He is a ******* disgrace!

OP
OP
C

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You should be for supporting Ted Thompson...

He is a ******* disgrace!

Crap, I must have used invisible font when I typed Ted Thompson in my post. At least I can't see it. Point it out to me if you would, please.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hahahaha c_mac you did fool me there. Good one. Jeff was probably all like "HELL YEAH!" until he scrolled down. hahaha.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sure was though. It proved a lot. That this management won't lead us anywhere. But still, in the end, it was his choice to retire. I'm pretty sure both sides would do over, however. Favre has stated that he shouldn't have retired, that he should have commited to the team. Likewise, I'm pretty sure TT and MM think right now that they should've known it was just another of Favre's undecisions, and should've sticked with him anyways. And dealed with Rodgers. I don't think it was like this, either Favre or Rodgers.

I'm not saying that with Favre would be different. That we would've won everything. But he was way more ready than Rodgers.
-
Anyway, the division is lost. We can still get a Wildcard, but don't know how far we can go with this team.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still wondering why everything comes down to Favre being on the Packers. I hope people realize that he wouldn't be able to do any better than Rodgers given the same Oline and coach. Or should I say "lack of Oline"

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Dont forget lack of a high school level running back.

gvilpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre was on the Packers, he would be hurt, and if Rodgers was on the Vikings, they would be undefeated.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre was on the Packers, he would be hurt, and if Rodgers was on the Vikings, they would be undefeated.

Did you see the same game I saw today? Rodgers indecisiveness would have the same results on MN. He's not in the same league as most of the better QBs right now. His stats are great but they're mostly gained playing catch-up with the Vikings this year & against inferior opponents. In crunch time his offense comes up short.

Leadership takes time. #4 has it, #12 is only beginning to get a grasp of it. Who gave GB a better chance to win? It's pretty obvious now, isn't it?

Oh yeah. The rubicon. I forgot. No going back. Well, here we are on the other side & it stinks.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay guys, you'll love this: I watched the game today at the local watering hole and let everybody know where I stood (cheering for Minnesota). I got sucker-punched by a complete stranger (only in the arm though) when Harvin ran back the kickoff to the 15, but I didn't retaliate and it had no impact on which team I rooted for. And, it was at the top of the shoulder and hurt a good deal. I mean, Packers fans cannot even punch correctly. Who can retaliate to a punch in the arm, ya know??? LOL

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
(...)
Oh yeah. The rubicon. I forgot. No going back. Well, here we are on the other side & it stinks.

That comment reminded me of the movie: "The Mummy" ... (right after they have bailed out from the boat)

Benny: "O'Connel ... Looks like I have got all the horses !!!"
O'Connel: "Oh Benny ... Looks to me, like *YOU* are on the WRONG side of the River ..."

And TT and McCarthy was right ... The train *did* leave the station ... only ... I doubt McCarthy and TT had envisioned they would be standing in front of it ... being run over, while old Greybeard was driving it ...

"Poetic Justice" ... and "Nemesis" ...

styme33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you see the same game I saw today? Rodgers indecisiveness would have the same results on MN. He's not in the same league as most of the better QBs right now. His stats are great but they're mostly gained playing catch-up with the Vikings this year & against inferior opponents. In crunch time his offense comes up short.

Leadership takes time. #4 has it, #12 is only beginning to get a grasp of it. Who gave GB a better chance to win? It's pretty obvious now, isn't it?

In the spirit of keeping things simple:
1) Favre is great, and always will be
2) Thompson should be fired and ran out of GB, tarred and feathered
3) On point #2, possibly kicked in the balls before said tarring and feathering
4) The Pack will prevail eventually (see points #2 and #3)

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do I think trading Favre was a mistake? Yes. Do I feel we got embarrassed at Lamebeau. No not really we fought till the last minute, and if not for the Jolly Personal Foul early in the game this game could have had an entirely different complexion.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

This is why people keep responding.

Because of foolishness like this.

Favre was on the same team, the Packers.....and he went 14-3 and took them to the NFCC Game...

Get it? Understand.....?

How come Favre gets ALL the blame for the losses when he was on the Packers, but Rodgers gets NONE?

It's nonsensical, and infuriating...and it makes you Packer fans look foolish to the rest of the NFL....

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still wondering why everything comes down to Favre being on the Packers. I hope people realize that he wouldn't be able to do any better than Rodgers given the same Oline and coach. Or should I say "lack of Oline"

I believe BF would have half the sacks or less, he gets the ball out quicker. A-rod's main fault is his pocket presence, he rarely steps up into the pocket and would rather scramble to the left or right.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is why people keep responding.

Because of foolishness like this.

Favre was on the same team, the Packers.....and he went 14-3 and took them to the NFCC Game...

Get it? Understand.....?

How come Favre gets ALL the blame for the losses when he was on the Packers, but Rodgers gets NONE?

It's nonsensical, and infuriating...and it makes you Packer fans look foolish to the rest of the NFL....

AS a big PACKER fan I sit back and say the same thing, we blame everyone else except A-rod. It makes no sense. As a matter of fact I was disgusted by A-rods attitude toward his team mates at the end of the game. Lack of leadership and a pouting child.