So Casey Matthews just tweeted...

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
This would be such a coup if GB could grab Casey. I'm not holding by breath, but damn, would be awesome to have both brothers on GB's team.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know someone on the coaching staff that I get to talk to in the off season, this will be one of the questions I ask him. "Where does Casey rank on your board and do you want him in GB?"

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Another question. If GB DOESN'T go after Casey, how does that affect Clay Matthews!? I think they have to try to get Casey to keep Clay happy. imo.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another question. If GB DOESN'T go after Casey, how does that affect Clay Matthews!? I think they have to try to get Casey to keep Clay happy. imo.

I think your getting into Favre territory if he throws a fit about his brother not being drafted by the packers. I highly doubt this would happen. Cleveland fans want him just as bad as packer fans do I bet.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I think your getting into Favre territory if he throws a fit about his brother not being drafted by the packers. I highly doubt this would happen. Cleveland fans want him just as bad as packer fans do I bet.

or watch the vikings draft him. that would be our luck.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
After Clay performance at GB, that has to raise the stock of Casey quite a bit so I have a feeling he'll be gone long before we have a chance to even go after him. Probably would take a 1st round pick to get him. Would TT trade up again???

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

Yeah, your right. Can't run a team pandering to the players or you end up in a Farve situation again. It's late, forget what I said.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
After Clay performance at GB, that has to raise the stock of Casey quite a bit so I have a feeling he'll be gone long before we have a chance to even go after him. Probably would take a 1st round pick to get him. Would TT trade up again???

Reading up sounds like he will go 2nd to 3rd round

Saying same things bout him as they did Clay...

To small not strong enough..

We will see

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Reading up sounds like he will go 2nd to 3rd round

Saying same things bout him as they did Clay...

To small not strong enough..

We will see

if he is available when we draft in the third round then there should be no question we draft him

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he'll go early in the 3rd round. Would like to see him in GB, but unless we trade out of round 2 or up in round 3, can't see it happening

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft him! My Spider Sense is strong with this one! They will say the Packers are hoarding Matthewses. Are there not more of them running around? That family has footballs everywhere!

Any of you cats remember a few years ago when somebody set a whole mess of Detmers loose in the NFL? They were everywhere! One of them was a QB, something for Clay (and Casey too) to sack. Not to bash the Detmers too much but if you are talking a family of footballs, I'd much rather the Matthewes than all of those Detmers. Even if there are just two of them, quality over quantity if you will.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thing about those Matthews boys, they are late bloomers. Maybe Casey has a few steps he will be taking in just physical maturity that will make him better. I would support drafting him - but TT is a very strict BPA drafter. The only way we take him is if there is nobody better available.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do the Pack really need him?
Or would they have other priorities to attend to first before another D lineman.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
while getting him would be awsome if TT restructures hawks deal there really is no need for another middle linebacker unless we trade one.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny jolly. lolz. And if we trade AJ, he's gonna feel so slighted, but it's a business, and he's made a nice name for himself.

Members online

Latest posts