Sincerely, Bobby Petrino

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Form letter left for the Falcon's players

"Out of my respect for you, I am letting you know that, with a heavy heart, I resigned today as the Head Coach of the Atlanta Falcons. This decision was not easy, but it was made in the best interest of me and my family. While my desire would have been to finish out what has been a difficult season for us all, circumstances did not allow me to do that. I appreciate your hard work and wish you the best.

"Sincerely, Bobby Petrino."

What a POS to do that to his team. Who the heck would want to go out and play hard for a guy who will ditch you if you have a losing season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsess...0d5d8050cbf8&template=with-video&confirm=true

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here were my thoughts on this situation:

"A lot of people are angry at him and calling him names. A "quitter" and "liar" are popular words being thrown. One word I would use is "genius." This guy, for whatever reasons, gets NFL teams and College programs to give him outrageous amounts of money and contracts even though he has a track record of taking the money and running. Should he NOT take advantage of stupid people? Don't get me wrong, he's an *******, but a smart rich *******. I like that.

Also, can you blame him for leaving the Falcons? First of all, the QB he was promised is now in prison tossing salad. I'm sure one of the reasons he took the job was to coach Vick and gameplan around his abilities(he does have a few). Second, he probably didn't know the shitheads that the GM had signed to the team. I'm sorry but not Belicheck, McCarthy, Parcells, or Lombardi could do anything with morons like DeAngelo Hall. I would have cut and run too(if I could have gotten away with it like he somehow does). Well done, Bobby! You awesome ********!"

OP
OP
Murgen

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Well done, Bobby! You awesome ********!"

LOL

I guess you do have a point. Wish I could do that and get paid. Ahh well. I should have gone into coaching. Get paid well before they realized I didn't know ****.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

"A lot of people are angry at him and calling him names. A "quitter" and "liar" are popular words being thrown. One word I would use is "genius." This guy, for whatever reasons, gets NFL teams and College programs to give him outrageous amounts of money and contracts even though he has a track record of taking the money and running. Should he NOT take advantage of stupid people? Don't get me wrong, he's an *******, but a smart rich *******. I like that.

Also, can you blame him for leaving the Falcons? First of all, the QB he was promised is now in prison tossing salad. I'm sure one of the reasons he took the job was to coach Vick and gameplan around his abilities(he does have a few). Second, he probably didn't know the shitheads that the GM had signed to the team. I'm sorry but not Belicheck, McCarthy, Parcells, or Lombardi could do anything with morons like DeAngelo Hall. I would have cut and run too(if I could have gotten away with it like he somehow does). Well done, Bobby! You awesome ********!"

They pay him a ton of money in hopes he will finally settle down. He'd be a genius if he some how still got paid for those contracts in full, but he took a pay cut to go back to a college team. Genius? No. Typical "grass is greener" person, realizing he had it good all along.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the REAL letter he wrote:
"Out of respect for myself, I'm dumping you bunch of two bit losers so i don't have to go down with the ship. Hey......I'm rich, and now even richer! Hope ya'll like the basement........you're all gonna be there for awhile! If only the Chicago Bears were in your division, maybe you could stay out of the cellar. Opps.....gotta run........my "gravy train" just pulled up!
Insincerly, In your face, ***** Petrino"
:lol:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

They pay him a ton of money in hopes he will finally settle down. He'd be a genius if he some how still got paid for those contracts in full, but he took a pay cut to go back to a college team. Genius? No. Typical "grass is greener" person, realizing he had it good all along.

He gets paid a lot of money to coach WHEREVER he wants(due to his actions).

This job too hard? I'm gone.

It's so awesome..

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
That's a problem (in my opinion) with some people. They want power, but when others go back on their word, they say they are a genius.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a heartless and disgusting move. What a piece of crap this guy is. I officially hate this cowardly bastard

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I understand his concerns cuz he lost Vick and the game and team wasnt what he expected..

BUT ********!!!!!!!!!!

3 games to go, dont tell the people that YOU had to take the Razor back job cuz it would have been gone, thats B.S!!!

You wouldnt have lost out on recruits if you took it in 3 weeks, the assistant coaches there now could have done that..

Not to mention how many future players WANT to play for a guy that has done this stuff TWO FREAKING times in the last 12 months...

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is he going to look parents, and recruits in the eye, and ask them to committ to a school for 4 years, when he can't stay at one job for more than 2. And yeah, he IS a liar. He said that he didn't talk with Arkansas until Tuesday. Really? Then why did he say earlier in the press confernce that him and his wife were up all night the night before, trying to decide what to do. He never talked to Arkansas before Tuesday? RIIIIIIGHT...

After completing 1 year of a 10 year deal with Louisville, he said that he wanted his kids to graduate from there. Then 19 days later he's head coach of the Atlanta Falcons. Then he calls Arthur Blank to say he quits, and leaves his players a letter in the locker room? Coward.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't buy the whole DeAngelo Hall shtick. There are outspoken players just like him on every NFL team. The reason his situation got out of hand was because Petrino is a terrible coach.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
LIAR.......

~~~~~~~~

As I've stated before, Louisville is the perfect place to raise a family and I plan for all four of my children to graduate from high school in Louisville."

On Dec. 21 2004, Petrino signed an enhanced contract to stay with the Cardinals.

On Dec. 26 2004 -- well before the Petrino children had graduated from high school -- he interviewed with LSU to replace Saban.

In 2005, Petrino interviewed with the Oakland Raiders. That's after telling people for years that he had no interest in coaching the pros -- college was where he wanted to be. He ultimately turned down the job and professed his commitment to the Cardinals again.

On July 13, 2006, Petrino signed a 10-year contract worth up to $25 million with Louisville

5 months later he is coaching in Atlanta

On Nov. 26, Petrino told the Associated Press that he was staying in Atlanta. "I haven't given it [college coaching vacancies] one bit of thought," he said.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LIAR.......

~~~~~~~~

As I've stated before, Louisville is the perfect place to raise a family and I plan for all four of my children to graduate from high school in Louisville."

On Dec. 21 2004, Petrino signed an enhanced contract to stay with the Cardinals.

On Dec. 26 2004 -- well before the Petrino children had graduated from high school -- he interviewed with LSU to replace Saban.

In 2005, Petrino interviewed with the Oakland Raiders. That's after telling people for years that he had no interest in coaching the pros -- college was where he wanted to be. He ultimately turned down the job and professed his commitment to the Cardinals again.

On July 13, 2006, Petrino signed a 10-year contract worth up to $25 million with Louisville

5 months later he is coaching in Atlanta

On Nov. 26, Petrino told the Associated Press that he was staying in Atlanta. "I haven't given it [college coaching vacancies] one bit of thought," he said.

That's exactly what the problem is. Be a frickin' man about it. Meet your players face to face instead of leaving a three sentence note. I love the part where he says it's what's best for him and his family. I guarantee his kids are pissed that this will be their third school in two years. I know I would have hated it. All he's proved is that he thinks he's more important than any organization, and more important than the players. What a fink.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I think it is a little more troubling how easy it is for a Coach to walk away from a signed contract than it should be.

Petrino isn't the first and won't be the last to do it.. look around you and coaches in pro and college sports can just walk away from their deal to run to another. What they are doing is ruining it for the others.. and sooner or later the coaching frat is going to pay for their sins.

It is a sign of the loyalty and honor of this country.. people aren't loyal to employers anymore.. hell they are barely loyal to their spouses and families. Why should this be a shock to anyone.. just a sign of the times, IMO.

That being said.. very little class in handling the situation Bobby.. like NONE.

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And it might be noted that Petrino is also from the same place that produced the fabulous Ryan Leaf. Montana papers are crucifying him. :evil:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts