Since the 60's

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'm new here and wanted to let you know my past with the Pack. Grew up in Milwaukee going to the Indy Cars at State Fair Park and Green Bay Packers football at County Stadium.
I didn't attend a Packers game until I was out of the service in 1981. Went to almost all games there starting with 1981 season. Was a fan during the "lean" years and have enjoyed being one of those fans you can't call a bandwagoner. I never laugh at posts because alot of people are younger and don't know how pitiful it was for so many years. It seems to alot of fans that Packers were always great.
Let me tell you there were some really average teams we fielded. Don't be too quick to demand total domination of this league. There are 32 other teams trying to be the Green Bay Packers. I had listened to the Packers games in the Lombardi era on radio, yes, radio because Dad didn't watch football.
Got a nickel for allowance a week and a pack of football cards were a nickel then. So you could decide between a decent amount of candy or a pack of football cards and a stick of gum. My brother and I would rotate each week on cards. This kept us in NFL football cards and candy. A Packer card was gold, anybody else would be attached to the wheel of your bicycle to give a motor sound. You know the drill.
Lynn ****ey was once my Brent Farver and then "Majik" was and then HE showed up. So you gotta know I love the guy and what he's done for this team. But let's be honest, the Green Bay Packers are bigger than one man, the league is bigger than one team and their collective memories.
But we're fans, we're what it's for.
The NFL should stand for National Fans League, I'm sure that's been used before. But it's US and I'm looking forward to sharing memories and observations with other members of this league.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm new here and wanted to let you know my past with the Pack. Grew up in Milwaukee going to the Indy Cars at State Fair Park and Green Bay Packers football at County Stadium.
I didn't attend a Packers game until I was out of the service in 1981. Went to almost all games there starting with 1981 season. Was a fan during the "lean" years and have enjoyed being one of those fans you can't call a bandwagoner. I never laugh at posts because alot of people are younger and don't know how pitiful it was for so many years. It seems to alot of fans that Packers were always great.
Let me tell you there were some really average teams we fielded. Don't be too quick to demand total domination of this league. There are 32 other teams trying to be the Green Bay Packers. I had listened to the Packers games in the Lombardi era on radio, yes, radio because Dad didn't watch football.
Got a nickel for allowance a week and a pack of football cards were a nickel then. So you could decide between a decent amount of candy or a pack of football cards and a stick of gum. My brother and I would rotate each week on cards. This kept us in NFL football cards and candy. A Packer card was gold, anybody else would be attached to the wheel of your bicycle to give a motor sound. You know the drill.
Lynn ****ey was once my Brent Farver and then "Majik" was and then HE showed up. So you gotta know I love the guy and what he's done for this team. But let's be honest, the Green Bay Packers are bigger than one man, the league is bigger than one team and their collective memories.
But we're fans, we're what it's for.
The NFL should stand for National Fans League, I'm sure that's been used before. But it's US and I'm looking forward to sharing memories and observations with other members of this league.

Man, I loved your post. I grew up in Milwaukee a couple of miles from County Stadium. I am a little bit older than you so what I remember about the State Fair was demolition derbies, and a cool roller coaster. I never got an allowance, but every morning my dad would give me a dime to buy the Milwaukee Sentinel. Do not tell the police this, but I stole the Sentinel and used the dime to buy football cards. Between Starr and Favre, Lynn ****ey was my favorite. Welcome aboard.

Members online

Latest posts