Simple Question

OP
OP
D

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He shot his mouth off because he didnt get his way, and ruined his reputation with the Packers fans including me. I am still repulsed by the way he acted, though my opinion of him could change later depending on future developments.

He shot his mouth off and said what?

boiga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is that? TT wanted a decision, Favre gave him one? Nothing on that video says otherwise friend
Save that now he is saying TT pushed him out where as before he was saying TT wasn't culpable. PK even calls it "revisionist history." I call it lying.

Furthermore Brett can talk to anyone about anything. He is not a Packer right now...
That's just it. He's not acting like a Packer right now. He's putting his desires above the good of the team. That's a betrayal. That's why we're angry at him right now.

Also, he can't talk to anyone about anything... as the Vikings will be sad to learn.

OP
OP
D

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:
What is that? TT wanted a decision, Favre gave him one? Nothing on that video says otherwise friend
Save that now he is saying TT pushed him out where as before he was saying TT wasn't culpable. PK even calls it "revisionist history." I call it lying.

Furthermore Brett can talk to anyone about anything. He is not a Packer right now...
That's just it. He's not acting like a Packer right now. He's putting his desires above the good of the team. That's a betrayal. That's why we're angry at him right now.

Also, he can't talk to anyone about anything... as the Vikings will be sad to learn.

Favre NEVER said that TT pushed him out, he said he felt his decision was rushed because they wanted a decision pre-draft, which he SAYS he completely understands.

As far as acting like a Packer, he was told he was not wanted. He is free to speak if he want's. If he was making stuff up, that's one thing, but stating what happened truthfully, while no longer required to speak company lingo, is another.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going on Foxnews :lol:

Communication with the team was clearly bad after he retired. You don't drop a bombshell on the GM when he's about to leave your house. Favre should of done a better job of reaching out and quite frankly this should never of been leaked out until the meeting between the two took place.

The same would apply to Ted Thompson as well whom has definitely mishandled this situation. Once again to think Favre is at fault is wrong but to act like he's handled this outstanding also shows that some can't be objective when it comes to Brett Favre.

OP
OP
D

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Communication with the team was clearly bad after he retired. You don't drop a bombshell on the GM when he's about to leave your house. Favre should of done a better job of reaching out and quite frankly this should never of been leaked out until the meeting between the two took place.

The same would apply to Ted Thompson as well whom has definitely mishandled this situation. Once again to think Favre is at fault is wrong but to act like he's handled this outstanding also shows that some can't be objective when it comes to Brett Favre.

Finally, someone I feel is somewhat objective. I'm like a thirsty dog and Porky gives me water.

Anyways, I don't think Brett thinks he's without fault in this. He has said over and over he was guilty of changing his mind, but at the time, when asked, he gave an honest opinion on how he felt.

I don't know the circumstances behind what happened in March as it seems we've heard varying things from one side or the other. I don't see Favre doing anything wrong here other than Changing his mind. The telling what happened stuff on Foxnews is fine at this point because he has been told he was not wanted back. He's not making up stuff, he's putting what happened out there, the same way TT did about what happened in March.

Brett has changed his mind, god forbid. That's exactly what the fans angry are mad about. The same "fans" were pissed at him long before this interview. His indecision ****** them off. They feel he should just stay retired. I hope everyone here, when it's time to call it quits, let's someone else dictate every step of it. If they don't they must be selfish, pompous, crybabies.

I wouldn't want to play for this team if I was a FA. The management seems to be either unable or unwilling to handle a situation, treats it's stars with disrespect, perception wise, and is spending more time sitting on the bench than running the bases.

boiga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is, I don't really know what Ted could have done differently.

Admittedly he was clueless about the whole locker thing, but I don't know why brett assumed ted would come down to mississippi begging for him to come back.

Once Brett let his intentions be known, Ted tried to keep it under wraps while he could, but then made himself available to reporters and gave a fairly impartial discussion of the events leading up to the current circumstances.

At no point has he called Brett on his half truths or defamed him in anyway. McCarthy has, in regards to Campen's visit, but Ted's been completely above board.

Okay, here's a question: what should Ted have done differently, given that he didn't see a place for Brett in green bay in '08?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, here's a question: what should Ted have done differently, given that he didn't see a place for Brett in green bay in '08?

When Favre allegedly tells Thompson he might come back Thompson replied "Don't worry about it."

So all in all the answer for Favre and Thompson is

Better Communication because neither did a very good job at all with it.

boiga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, I can certainly agree with that. Heck that's what was bugging me about the text messaging to begin with.

The NYT interviewed Dungy about the Favre situation, and while the NYT reporter doesn't know what he's talking about, dungy had some good insights. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/17/sports/football/17rhoden.html?partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Here's his major point:
“What little I know of Brett, my sense is that he bleeds that Packer green and gold,” Dungy said. “My sense is that he wants to play for them, but he wants to step back in, like everything was just the way it ended up last year. And they’re saying it isn’t that way anymore because of what you told us.”

That's about as good of a summary as any I've heard.

OP
OP
D

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Admittedly he was clueless about the whole locker thing, but I don't know why brett assumed ted would come down to mississippi begging for him to come back.

Once Brett let his intentions be known, Ted tried to keep it under wraps while he could, but then made himself available to reporters and gave a fairly impartial discussion of the events leading up to the current circumstances.

At no point has he called Brett on his half truths or defamed him in anyway. McCarthy has, in regards to Campen's visit, but Ted's been completely above board.

Here is my opinion. I believe Brett, not because I'm a Favre firster or whatever, but because Brett admits his mistakes and has shouldered responsibility throughout his career. I 100% believe Brett when he said he was told on the phone he was not wanted back. Then it got changed to he can come back as a backup, than finally changed again to he can come back and compete.

If Ted told Brett he was not wanted back, he should have NEVER told the fans otherwise. It appears that Ted is playing both sides of the fence, trying to keep the fans behind him, while making Brett out to be gullible. That sits wrong with me. It's sneaky and ****** to do to anyone, let alone Brett.

Also, Ted telling Brett what he needs to do to protect his legacy is sickening. If Ted cared it would be one thing but USING his legacy as a pawn in a chess match to get his way makes me ill.

The MOST important thing that irritates me about Ted is the fact that we were an overtime drive away from the Super Bowl last year. We were not 4-12. If one of the most important members of that team, the MVP runner Up in the league, wants to come back under any circumstances, and you deny him that opportunity, you are shorting the fans and the other 50+ players who strap up thier helmets and do battle day in and day out.

If Babe Ruth was found to be alive, just frozen in ice, still 100% capable of being as good today as he was back then, do you think the Yankees would say "Nah, you've been precieved dead for to long, we've moved on to another guy who's hitting .187, we can't take you back. Hell no.

Ted doesn't have to like Favre's retirement, unretiring, decisions, etc, BUT he should be able to suck up his anger, ego, and pride to provide the fans, staff, and other players what they all work so hard for, a championship. Judging by this, that's not even being thought of.

Brockington

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's like Ted Thompson is acting like a lying politician who lies to you to get your vote, and then does whatever he wants.

I am tired of his ******, lawyer tricks.

He is not honest.

boiga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't see what's so dishonest about what Thompson said. Nothing in the interviews directly conflicts with anything the Packer brass had previously said. Sure, he limited his comments on things beyond his control, but he hasn't been caught in a lie this whole process.

This is my final word on the Ted v Brett matter:

1. I am fully confident that Ted is doing everything in his power to make the Packers a better team. He does want to keep his job after all.

2. I am also fully confident that Brett is doing everything in his power to make Brett happy. That's why he wants to play, why he asked to be released, and why he retired in the first place.

Sure Brett has the right to look out for number one, but as a fan, the well being of the packers trumps the well being of Brett. Ted's motives are the same as those of the Packer fan.
Brett's motives simply aren't any more.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

Finally, someone I feel is somewhat objective. I'm like a thirsty dog and Porky gives me water.

Good lord :lol:

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Are you kidding me? Management (TT) busts out their Brett Favre time line to try and make Brett look like he's an ******* and a liar when all he really is, is a guy having second thoughts. A guy who wants to play again. Mgmt. knew this was gonna be a problem so they acted first with their scripted team statement on the situation and their BF timeline. They have tried to make Favre look like a **** head so that they can save 13 million bucks and so that Adolph Thompson can have "his guys" out there(except Johnny Jolly) Their(TT) approach to this whole situation is disgusting. I'm disgusted by the Packer mgmt. right now and I will not support this team under this management unless they fix the situation. If they dump Favre, i dont care if they lose every game for 3 years in a row until they replace the team mgmt.

And save your comments batman and robin, i dont care if you think im a fair weather fan or whatever you want to call me. Save it, dont care.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, Ted telling Brett what he needs to do to protect his legacy is sickening. If Ted cared it would be one thing but USING his legacy as a pawn in a chess match to get his way makes me ill.

EXACTLY, who the fk does TT think he's trying to con? A 9 year old child?

boiga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
drd, why the font or the anger?

If they were as bad as you say, they'd be all over this Gretta interview. In it, Favre basically confirms that indeed he is an ******* and a liar. He contradicts himself, screws over Campen, and shows that he's unwilling to work to earn his job.

The Packers didn't do this to him, Favre brought it on himself.

In any case, why are you so pissed about this? I'd say you lost your faith in your hero... save that you're venting on the team instead.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
drd, why the font or the anger?

If they were as bad as you say, they'd be all over this Gretta interview. In it, Favre basically confirms that indeed he is an ******* and a liar. He contradicts himself, screws over Campen, and shows that he's unwilling to work to earn his job.

The Packers didn't do this to him, Favre brought it on himself.

In any case, why are you so pissed about this? I'd say you lost your faith in your hero... save that you're venting on the team instead.

Sorry, it wasnt meant as anger. I was gonna reply individually to each of your comments but changed my mind. Just makes it easier to distinguish your comment from my reply. No anger.

But i dont know. I guess some peoples interpretation of the interview and the situation as a whole differ from others. Whatever, we cant all be the same and think the same. How much fun would that be.

boiga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True enough. You should try reading the full transcript when it comes out on friday. Favre is still charismatic as all hell and makes you want to believe in him.

But if you only read what he is saying, a lot more of the flaws in his argument come out in my opinion.

Listening to TT and reading it are about the same though. Both are dry as cardboard.

OP
OP
D

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True enough. You should try reading the full transcript when it comes out on friday. Favre is still charismatic as all hell and makes you want to believe in him.

But if you only read what he is saying, a lot more of the flaws in his argument come out in my opinion.

Listening to TT and reading it are about the same though. Both are dry as cardboard.

I tried adressing these so-called flaws but it seems you are hearing what you want to hear.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts