Shutdown corner has us behind the Lions

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...jection-jets-win-afc-east-162725604--nfl.html

I can't see the Lions besting us. The team lacks discipline, talent and coaching. Stafford is a midling not a AR type QB. I can't think of one aspect of their game that is superior to our, except Megatron, but that's all they got.

Nope....You are WRONG once again. The Lions D line is DAMN good. They have reggie bush, Megatron, pettigrew, burlison and the QB stafford tossing it to them. Stafford is hardly "midling" QB. He has put up some ungodly number the past few seasons. They are still getting their secondary bugs worked out, but they are a much improved team. Stafford has thrown for over 2100 yards so far and 15 TD's, their defense has 13 sacks and 10 INT's......the sacks dont beat us, but the INT's sure do and take aways is where we are lacking the most on defense.

OP
OP
Bus Cook

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
Nope....You are WRONG once again. The Lions D line is DAMN good. They have reggie bush, Megatron, pettigrew, burlison and the QB stafford tossing it to them. Stafford is hardly "midling" QB. He has put up some ungodly number the past few seasons. They are still getting their secondary bugs worked out, but they are a much improved team. Stafford has thrown for over 2100 yards so far and 15 TD's, their defense has 13 sacks and 10 INT's......the sacks dont beat us, but the INT's sure do and take aways is where we are lacking the most on defense.
Not wrong but did forget to give props to their D line. Certainly awesome. But to give credit to Pettigrew and Burleson is really laughable. Burlison is out and Pettigrew is laughed at around here for his inability to catch the ball. Bush is an improvement over what they had but so would Samkon Gado. Bush is hardly been a premier back. At this point I would say that he is the worst premier back in our division. Certainly Peterson and Forte have put up better numbers. Lacy is only 70 yards behind him, despite playing in 2 fewer games and being a rookie.

So no. I can't believe that Shutdown Corner has the Lions favored ahead of us. If you think that the Lions are better, good for you.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Reggie bush has 731 all purpose yards so far, and he is the worst back in the NFC north...lol...ok buddy and BTW, I never said he was a "premier back"...... well above average due to his duel threat ability.
I never said I thought they were better, so stop putting words in my mouth, learn to read, that may be helpful to you. My point was to not count them out. And before burlison went out, HE was leading the team in receptions. Calling pettigrew laughable, no YOU are laughable. Pettigrew is a solid guy. Don't forget, we have yet to even mention the Lions Tony Scheffler and new found weapon Joseph Fauria, who had 3 TD catches vs the Bengals.....but I guess the Bengals must suck then, right?

OP
OP
Bus Cook

Bus Cook

Reaction score
I posted that I couldn't believe that SC had the Lions besting us. That was the theme of my post. You posted:
Nope....You are WRONG once again.

BTW, Tony Scheffler was released. You like Pettigrew, that's great. I'm just telling you that they hate him here and he is the laughing stock of sports talk radio for his drops.

http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/arti..._pettigrew_drops_a_lot_of_passes#.UmkPbb7D_cs

Tight end Brandon Pettigrew is the perfect personification of a half-century of Detroit Lions football. With his size and speed, one would hope he'd finally live up to his potential. But Pettigrew, like the Lions in general, always manages to find a way to disappoint.
How bad is it? Look at these numbers.
Crain's Detroit Business: Pettigrew, who isn't expected to catch as many passes as Johnson, was second on the team with nine drops versus 59 receptions. He was targeted 102 times, making his drop rate 8.8 percent. That's one of the worst rates for a starter who is a regular part of an offense, and the nine drops was 11th worst in the NFL.
Two years ago, he was 21st in the league with seven drops. In 2010, he led all tight ends with eight drops.
Drops are not a problem if a player is racking up touchdowns. Pettigrew is not. The most he's ever caught was five in 2011, when he had 83 receptions for 777 yards.
It doesn't get anymore same old Lions than that.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Ummm....smart guy, I know what I posted, no need to go behind me and re-quote what I just wrote several minutes ago. You seem to be about 2 sandwiches short of a picnic there buddy.

OP
OP
Bus Cook

Bus Cook

Reaction score
Scheffler was cut, so maybe not so maybe not so great.

Pettigrew, a solid guy?
http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/arti..._pettigrew_drops_a_lot_of_passes#.UmkPbb7D_cs
Statistically, Brandon Pettigrew Drops A Lot Of Passes
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Jeff Wattrick [email protected]
September 17th, 2013, 7:27 AM
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Tight end Brandon Pettigrew is the perfect personification of a half-century of Detroit Lions football. With his size and speed, one would hope he'd finally live up to his potential. But Pettigrew, like the Lions in general, always manages to find a way to disappoint.
How bad is it? Look at these numbers.
[URL='http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20130916/BLOG013/130919886/mm3rdqb-is-detroit-lions-tight-end-brandon-pettigrew-a-bust']Crain's Detroit Business
: Pettigrew, who isn't expected to catch as many passes as Johnson, was second on the team with nine drops versus 59 receptions. He was targeted 102 times, making his drop rate 8.8 percent. That's one of the worst rates for a starter who is a regular part of an offense, and the nine drops was 11th worst in the NFL.
Two years ago, he was 21st in the league with seven drops. In 2010, he led all tight ends with eight drops.
Drops are not a problem if a player is racking up touchdowns. Pettigrew is not. The most he's ever caught was five in 2011, when he had 83 receptions for 777 yards.
It doesn't get anymore same old Lions than that.

[/URL]

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
drops aside (since we have had plenty), you think that a TE that puts up 777 yards is not good? You are crazy as hell. 83 catches for a TE is pretty darn good and his yardage aint to shabby either bud. You cant post up about the dropsies, we have our fair share amoung our pass catchers as well.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the game was this week, I could see the Lions winning since Johnson is healthy and we're beat up pretty badly. Reggie Bush is one of the best running backs in the NFL, I don't really see how anyone can argue that point. Bush is 5th in the NFL in yards from scrimmage, he's only 60 yards behind Forte despite missing a game. He's far from a conventional running back but who cares? He gets the job done.

Now, once the Packers are healthy again (mainly on defense) I think the Packers will beat the Lions, though not easily.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt they based their prediction on the trades the Lions made after losing CJ and Burleson to injury earlier this year.
Oh wait...

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have a good PASS RUSHING dline, but they stink at stopping the run. You can either look at the stats or watch the games where Suh and Fairly run themselves out of their gaps all the time and their backers aren't good enough to make up for it. We've already beaten them once and by the time Thanksgiving comes around we'll probably have a very well rested CM3, Perry and James Jones back, so we'll have a much better shot at beating them again then than we would right now with those guys out. As lousy as the schedule looked at the start of the year, it's broken pretty well for us with all of our injuries.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To their credit though, they didn't have Megatron, their best, and lets face it, pretty much only offensive threat. I still gotta think were better than them though.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have a good PASS RUSHING dline, but they stink at stopping the run. You can either look at the stats or watch the games where Suh and Fairly run themselves out of their gaps all the time and their backers aren't good enough to make up for it. We've already beaten them once and by the time Thanksgiving comes around we'll probably have a very well rested CM3, Perry and James Jones back, so we'll have a much better shot at beating them again then than we would right now with those guys out. As lousy as the schedule looked at the start of the year, it's broken pretty well for us with all of our injuries.

Last year this may have been true. This year however the duo is actually playing VERY well against the run and pass. It's the Lions linebackers and ends that stink. Link below is from the Lions SBNation site that broke down their run defense against the Browns; basically the defensive tackles (both of them) were double-teamed in the run game.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/10/17/4846714/film-review-lions-run-defense-problems

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Just an FYI: I was in NO way saying the Lions were gunna whoop us......just saying that we had better not sleep on them. It aint gunna be an easy walk all over them type of game.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
read Richardson's post, he is a BEAR FAN. It is all about the state of the bears, he just adds gb into the color. Disregard this guy as he picked the Bayers to win the division. PFFFFF!!!!!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts