• Yes

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Is it at all possible we can have a shoutbox again or something similar? I know a lot of members enjoyed it as I, myself did as well.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Robdog's working on it.. hmm its posted somewhere!

We need to show some patience I know,.. change is hard, but mostly for the better! lol
( I can't imagine whats all involved in running a board, much less making such a huge change!)

There is going to be a software update,...and I think the shoutbox is among the things in that update. If I can find that post i'll add the link to it!

* found the link!
http://www.packerforum.com/threads/...d-for-tonight-8-00pm-pst-updated.29155/page-2

So it says a "possibility" hence the poll right???

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I am patient lol I was just asking because I know it was a popular item here. I didn't know if the new software would support it or not.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will definitely have a chatroom up before the game on Thursday. (famous last words) I am going through some testing the shoutbox to make sure it will not take up to much resources on the server. Looking good so far...

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I will definitely have a chatroom up before the game on Thursday. (famous last words) I am going through some testing the shoutbox to make sure it will not take up to much resources on the server. Looking good so far...

Excellent!!!! This game is going to be so exciting,..knowing that some of the forum members will be there, and some will be online to watch the game together!
I'm sooo excited!!!

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the shoutbox is a reality yet?

Still in the works, but I think that I have something that is going to work. Trying to decide if I am waiting for 1.1 of XenForo or just pulling the trigger and releasing the shout box. I have a feeling you will see a shout box by next Monday at the latest.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Still in the works, but I think that I have something that is going to work. Trying to decide if I am waiting for 1.1 of XenForo or just pulling the trigger and releasing the shout box. I have a feeling you will see a shout box by next Monday at the latest.
Sweet

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Hey robdog, what are the chances it will have the sound effects. I was never before in there for a game, but everyone who has been and who was in the chat room last night was talking about them. Made me wish I knew what they were talking about.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The old chat room software is giving me some headaches that is for sure. I am going to dedicate some more time to it tonight and see if I can make some progress, but nothing solid to report yet.

BTW, uploading the shout box now, so be on the lookout for that.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
:tup: awesome! I envision you like your avatar... pounding away trying to get things figured out!

Looking forward to the shoutbox.. Chipper will be ecstatic!!!

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha, I am pretty close to my avatar minus that retarded sweater vest the toon is wearing, lol. :p

Anyways, the shout box is LIVE! Posting an announcement right now...

Members online

Latest posts