1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Should we kick to Hester?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Greg C., Dec 21, 2007.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    The Bears season ended when they started the season with Rex at QB.
  2. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You could look even further back than that. The Bears season ended when Rex's dads gene pool only allowed Rex to be 5'10".
  3. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Rex's height is the least of his concerns.
    He seems to me not to have the intelligence to run an NFL offense.

EDIT: and I don't mean this to trash talk your team. Orton is a decent QB. I seriously question Smith's decision to start Grossman over Orton.
  4. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think his hieght is a problem. But I also don't think that Grossman has any pocket presence. He can't 'feel' the pass rush. He has the arm and pretty good timing on his deep ball. I think that he would benefit from a better oline. I believe that he could become a top 20 passer in the NFL with a better line and less pressure. If they could ask other teams to not blitz him so much. That would also help.
  5. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I agree. He doesn't know how to step up to avoid the pressure. EVERY time he gets rushed he just starts running backward. And his coaches can't seem to figure out how to coach this.
  6. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You can't ask teams not to blitz. As everyone and their Grandma knows, give Rex Grossman time to throw the football and he'll hurt you. Blitz him, and he'll more likely than not do something stupid. So, common sense says blitz him every chance you get.

Grossman has no pocket presence at all. Favre does. Favre knows when the pocket is about to collapse. That's why he so rarely gets sacked. I give Favre more credit than I give the OL. that will probably upset a few readers here, but I'm calling it the way I see it.

I can't figure out why Lovie Smith stayed so long with Grossman, when everyone else figured out that Grossman is a liability and not an asset. Heck, you SHOULD have won the SB last year. Rex Grossman is the ONLY reason you didn't. 3 takeaways + one return TD = SB victory.
  7. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope you didn't lose too much, Zombie. It was bad enough watching that game without any money at stake.
  8. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    To get back to the original topic - when debating whether to kick to Hester who among us thought we just wouldn't bother kicking it at all??
  9. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If he has bet on every Packer game this year, I am sure that he is ok. That is unless he let it all ride in Chicago.
  10. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I say "yeah", we should kick it to Hester..

(Considering what actually happened, it couldn't have been any worse..!)
    :shock:
  11. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No complaints. I've made so much money on the Packers this year that even if we get humiliated by the Lions, I'd be up. Of course, the Packers winning is more important than the money anyways.

My biggest gripe was last year's SB. I bet heavily in da Bears and Grossman killed them. I thought it would be easy money when Hester had that KO return, then Grossman blew the game.
  12. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Heh. I was in the chat room screaming "don't punt! just go!"