1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Should we draft a kicker?

Discussion in '2010 Draft Archive' started by ivo610, Apr 9, 2010.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,524 / 86 / -26
    Most teams wont waste a pick on a Special teamer but I think it might be in our best interest to grab whoever is out there towards the end of the draft. Even if we dont most free agents will be interested in GB since we have a weakness there.
  2. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    ZOLTAN MESKO! I know he's a punter but he can do anything!
  3. Ghost of Billy Mays

Ghost of Billy Mays Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    This punter from THE Ohio State is supposed to be the next Ray Guy, I would spend a 3rd round pick on him IF he's still available. :suicide2:
  4. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I would not spend anything higher than a 5th (and thats a reach) on a kicker. Remember what happened with the last kicker we drafted?

Mesko in the 6th would be great.
  5. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    A punter, yes. A Kicker, IMHO no. But I still think we should bring comp. to Crosby.
  6. Smoker2Rogers46

Smoker2Rogers46 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Brett Swenson in the 6th round, he's an accurate kicker with a NFL leg that played in cold weather at East Lansing for the last 4 seasons. Also what if the NFC championship came down to a 50 yard kick this year, would you trust Crosby?...I wouldn't
  7. claybillings

claybillings Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Didn't we sign a kicker this year, or that was a punter wasn't it. If it wasn't a kicker we certainly could use some comp, but honestly probably only comp is needed because when Crosby is on he's one of the best. We could probably grab a guy in FA
  8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,524 / 86 / -26
    We added a punter, chris bryan who is 6'5 210 pounds. He is from the Australian football league, so I dont know how much shot he has making it past training camp, but you never know.