OP
OP
P

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BoydAvery said:
Popcynical said:
The New England Patriots have given Deion Branch permission to seek a trade and negotiate a contract with other clubs. This permission will extend until September 1, 2006, according to a statement released by the Patriots.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/p ... ss_pieces/

What do ya'll think?

Forget it! TT has already said he wants to build his team through the draft.

TT would be dumb if he ONLY got players through the draft. Trades can be good.. *cough* BrettFavre *cough*

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:
BoydAvery said:
Popcynical said:
The New England Patriots have given Deion Branch permission to seek a trade and negotiate a contract with other clubs. This permission will extend until September 1, 2006, according to a statement released by the Patriots.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/p ... ss_pieces/

What do ya'll think?

Forget it! TT has already said he wants to build his team through the draft.

TT would be dumb if he ONLY got players through the draft. Trades can be good.. *cough* BrettFavre *cough*

I agree but TT hasn't brought in any quality for the OL, WR and has signed cripples at RB.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think TT has to take a shot at it. Fergy and a 3rd would be a good deal. Branch gives you a differance guy. A great compliment to driver and a proven vet.

GET R DONE

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
I think TT has to take a shot at it. Fergy and a 3rd would be a good deal. Branch gives you a differance guy. A great compliment to driver and a proven vet.

GET R DONE

Who in their right mind would want Fergy?

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
BoydAvery said:
JbShell said:

GET R DONE

the patriots :D

Yeah right! Wishful thinking.

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
BoydAvery said:
thetombradyhater said:
BoydAvery said:
JbShell said:

GET R DONE

the patriots :D

Yeah right! Wishful thinking.

but seriously fergy isn't as bad as some pack fans make him seem, no he should not be starting but on a team like the Patriots as a 3rd string WR he may be able to thrive

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
but seriously fergy isn't as bad as some pack fans make him seem, no he should not be starting but on a team like the Patriots as a 3rd string WR he may be able to thrive

Ferguson couldn't cut it as the Packers #3, how about a practice squad somewhere?

OP
OP
P

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BoydAvery said:
thetombradyhater said:

Ferguson couldn't cut it as the Packers #3, how about a practice squad somewhere?

It's already been stated that the Patriots WR corps isn't as good as the Packers WR corps (sad, huh?). One man's trash is another's treasure.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boyd Avery...you said something to the effect that TT only builds through the draft, but look at marquand, Prickett, and Woodson!

TT isn't a moron...he's got cap room for a front end loaded contract, and WR is obviously paper thin for the Pack...I heard rumors of Jerry Porter being unhappy up until last week...that may be another option as well.

Packaged deal w/ fergy sounds good, but Pats aren't dumb enough to fall for that.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I just spoke with Ted. He said the Packers are not interested due to the Patriots demands of picks and players is too high.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Packaged deal w/ fergy sounds good, but Pats aren't dumb enough to fall for that.

Your probably right.

Fergy would contribute in New England though. They spread the ball around a lot. He'd put up similar numbers he does in GB but would probably be more of a factor because they're is no go to guy. He'd probably start for them.

I think New England would value a 1st day pick over Fergy. That's why a 3rd and Fergy would make some sense in terms of compensation.

Culpepper and Walker went for 2nd round picks and they've been to the Pro Bowl.

Branch hasn't.

In the end, I agree with you. Why get your hopes up for something this unlikely.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking about the drafts porky...it always surprises me how much weight picks hold, especially first day picks...you might be right that a 3rd and fergy could work.

But as others have alluded to, this just seems to be a move for leverage on the patriots part, and in the initial article, Branch made it sound like he wanted to and would eventually rejoin the pats.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre would finally have the 3 quality receivers that he hasn't had his whole career!

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as the Branch for KGB thing, that doesn't really make any sense. First off, with the contract we gave KGB a couple years back, that would be a pretty large cap hit. 2nd, the Pats run a base 3-4. KGB is way undersized for a 3-4 DE. He's probably got perfect size and athleticism for a 3-4 OLB, but that would be a project and a half, and it would take him a year and next year's training camp to get him ready for that. That deal really wouldn't make sense for either team.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say the Pack should make a run at him.

Boe is gone, Gardner is on his way out and we need depth at receiver.

For once it would be nice to see TT bring in a talented veteran, as opposed to the dregs cut from a team in rebuild mode. :roll:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:

For once it would be nice to see TT bring in a talented veteran, as opposed to the dregs cut from a team in rebuild mode. :roll:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

True dat. If TT were to swing this deal, it might start to sway my opinion of him.

But I doubt he will. I doubt he'll even think about it or try!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
Anubis said:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

True dat. If TT were to swing this deal, it might start to sway my opinion of him.

But I doubt he will. I doubt he'll even think about it or try!

serious..he's been trying to run Favre outta Green Bay ever since he got here!!

i swear if i've said it once, i've said it 66 times...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
haha arrow...I was thinking the same thing...but I agree to an extent w/ TA...it's obvious that our receivers are paper thin and taco wallace caliber players aren't going to do squat to correct this.

Members online

Latest posts