Should the Pack consider T.O. ???

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Terrell Owens back on market with Buffalo Bills not offering deal - ESPN

The Bills have just released TO. I would not rate TO better than Jennings or DD at this point, but as a 3rd receiver has some merit with our offense. TO may not be the threat he once was, but he is still a factor and at this point of his career is still deadly in the red zone. He did have over 800 yards and 5 TDs last year with a team that had Brohm starting once.

I mean if we have Finely,Jennings,DD, and TO in the line up would be pretty intimidating.

Nelson and Jones are not developing or taking hold of that third position, TO may be a nice fit for a year.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I could see bringing in a potential distraction to try to fill a need, like corner or tackle, but to bring in a guy who's going to be a distraction just to be a 3rd wideout at the deepest position on the team wouldn't be smart.

I see him in Cincy. It makes sense.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Terrell Owens back on market with Buffalo Bills not offering deal - ESPN

The Bills have just released TO. I would not rate TO better than Jennings or DD at this point, but as a 3rd receiver has some merit with our offense. TO may not be the threat he once was, but he is still a factor and at this point of his career is still deadly in the red zone. He did have over 800 yards and 5 TDs last year with a team that had Brohm starting once.

I mean if we have Finely,Jennings,DD, and TO in the line up would be pretty intimidating.

Nelson and Jones are not developing or taking hold of that third position, TO may be a nice fit for a year.

At this point in his career, I dont think TO would be a good fit. We have DD who is coming up up on retirement soon (rookie season was 99). Jennings is our next #1. Nelson shows flashes but would still be #3 because JJ has proven he could be a solid #2.
We need to look into drafting a WR or 2, maybe in the later rounds (The WR's we have drafted recently with the exception of Nelson and Jennings (06) never really mount to anything for some reason). I think we need to continue developing WR's out of the draft to find out next #1 and #2. I think TO is too close to retirement, and he would just fill a WR roster spot that I feel could be used in better ways. All of this is just my opinion.

OP
OP
D

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree about being a distraction, but being cut by Dallas and eating humble pie going to the Bills who were in a transition period with Brohm taking snaps, this could be a different TO in a Packers environment. I am not so sure he would be a distraction in Green Bay.

A move like this may push Nelson and Jones, even light a fire under DD and Jennings.

I think he would add depth and upgrade the talent of our receivers, without costing the Packers anything. I do believe we would get him real cheap and a team like the Packers would be his best chance to go to a Super Bowl.

To my knowledge there were not any problems with the Bills. Like I said this would be a short term thing, most problems with TO were in year 2 on the team, first year was a honey moon of sorts.

I guess I would see TO as insurance, if one of our top receivers where to get hurt at little or no cost to the Packers.

$F4RVE$

Cheesehead
Reaction score
noway, he is spoiled, a big baby, he plays for himself, way over rated. pack could do better than that.

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its very simple not no but hell no. why ask for trouble because thats what it is. he hasnt lasted long anywhere and if the bills let him go dont that tell you something.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about none? How about a FA in a position, you know, the Packers actually NEED someone from outside, like OL, OLB, DE, CB, S, K, P, KR/PR... Even a veteran backup qb wouldn't be such a bad idea, or a blocking TE...

But WR?????

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about none? How about a FA in a position, you know, the Packers actually NEED someone from outside, like OL, OLB, DE, CB, S, K, P, KR/PR... Even a veteran backup qb wouldn't be such a bad idea, or a blocking TE...

But WR?????

I agree. This upcoming season will be 3 yrs with the same 4 WR corps... They are not bad at all.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. He is cancer. drops balls. and just plain overrated. He would not gel in GB at all, and there is zero chance TT would bring him in. Its like selling your soul to the devil. Chicago, Detroit, Minn are all more likely than GB. And thats just in our div.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I don't think TO would fit with the Packers. I don't think we need another diva in Green Bay, yeah he may have settled down, but wait till the Packers are doing good. I don't have a recommendation for a replacement for DD yet, but TO is out of the question.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously, I think anyone can see TO wouldn't fit with us. There are no ego's on the Packers, TT has the team built that way. TO is all ego. Not happening.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dilligaff I thought you were the number 1 advocate for a free agent O-lineman or a replacement for Hawk. What happened to that? Why are you considering spending cash for a 34 yr old WR?

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think TO would fit with the Packers. I don't think we need another diva in Green Bay, yeah he may have settled down, but wait till the Packers are doing good. I don't have a recommendation for a replacement for DD yet, but TO is out of the question.

I was gonna say, didn't we just get rid of a drama viqueen.

Arrigo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should the Packers bring in T.O.? As much as I respected what he has done on the field and his physical training, I don't think they should.

The Packers are already deep at WR. If they bring one in (via the draft), it has to be a guy that can return kicks/punts. There is only 1 ball that can be caught per play, and with Jennings, Driver, Jones and Nelson, I can't see Owens fitting in.

If, however, in June/July/Augest a WR gets hurt and is lost for the season and Owens is unsigned, I would be all for it then, but as of now, I would have to say, pass.

OP
OP
D

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dilligaff I thought you were the number 1 advocate for a free agent O-lineman or a replacement for Hawk. What happened to that? Why are you considering spending cash for a 34 yr old WR?

I think we can get him cheap costing the Pack nothing in draft picks or players so this move would have little effect on a lineman or replacement for Hawk.

I am thinking in terms of a 2 year deal for a million a year would be worth it for his skill level as a 3rd receiver. I guess if we could get him for the same price as Jones this might be worth while.

I know it is out there, but I just have a gut feeling TO would do well in Green Bay, at least for one year.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We dont need a receiver. But If I had to pick I would rather have randy next yr than TO this yr.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which FA WR do you suggest?
I would suggest .......None. Get the best one available in the 4th or 5th round of the draft. If we could get someone like Golden Tate in the second round, that would be a good thing. If he is still there. As far as TO is concerned, I don't think so. Jordy Nelson is better than TO at this point.

Latest posts