Should Packers go after Hakeem Nicks?

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3rd round pick might be worth it as long its not just this season.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nicks is a big physical receiver but I wouldn't get him if we couldn't keep him past this year. We have are own guys that we need to sign like James Jones, Raji, etc

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One variable how long we down to 2 wide outs. Even going he certainly far better than Boykin.

H

HardRightEdge

He'd be a great compliment to our perimeter WRs. He's a tough SOB in the middle of the field and he's been a playoff gamer...he kicked our a** if memory serves.

He's in his contract year, and you'd have to expect picking up Nicks means Jones would not be resigned. Choose.

Rent-a-player for the balance of the year with a guy of this caliber is bush league. TT won't go there. If he were to bring him in it would need to be with a long term deal worked out in advance. That would send Jones the message he's heading out the door. Bad for the chemistry and the clubhouse.

Right fit, wrong timing...if it would ever be right with TT's aversion to bringing in front line players from outside.

Last edited by a moderator:

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'd be a great compliment to our perimeter WRs. He's a tough SOB in the middle of the field and he's been a playoff gamer.

He's in his contract year, and you'd have to expect picking up Nicks means Jones would not be resigned. Choose.

Rent-a-player for the balance of the year with a guy of this caliber is bush league. TT won't go there. If he were to bring him in it would need to be with a long term deal worked out in advance. That would send Jones the message he's heading out the door. Bad for the chemistry and the clubhouse.

Right fit, wrong timing...if it would ever be right with TT's aversion to bringing in front line players from outside.

Back in 2009 he did surprise us trading back into the first round. If Jones and Cobb are out for any length of time he might surprise us again with a trade.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then again Nelson & Nicks with Cobb in the slot. Jones spelling them. Plus Finley at TE. I can't think of a defense that could handle that much talent on the field.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's a robust market like the article says, figure he goes for a second rounder. Anyone here think Ted would our should trade a second round pick for a guy who will leave after this year? No way we would be able to afford to keep him.

Does anyone sincerely think this has a chance in hell of happening?

H

HardRightEdge

Then again Nelson & Nicks with Cobb in the slot. Jones spelling them. Plus Finley at TE. I can't think of a defense that could handle that much talent on the field.

Sure, but we just can't afford all that. Nicks is young and accomplished. He's going to get something in the range of #1 receiver money below the elite tier down to the high end of #2 receiver money. That's a lot.

There's already a question of whether we can afford Finley and Jones as it is.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, but we just can't afford all that. Nicks is young and accomplished. He's going to get something in the range of #1 receiver money below the elite tier down to the high end of #2 receiver money. That's a lot.

There's already a question of whether we can afford Finley and Jones as it is.

That long term would be a money problem. Then again that could be the difference between a contender and a super bowl championship team.

12theTruth

Kenny Britt is another young talent on the trading block but some question marks with knee injuries and other personal baggage. If he's healthy he's a beast (especially with Rodgers). He is/was not only bigger than Nicks but faster as well.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kenny Britt is another young talent on the trading block but some question marks with knee injuries and other personal baggage. If he's healthy he's a beast (especially with Rodgers). He is/was not only bigger than Nicks but faster as well.

Britt has 2413 the total yards and 8.7 yards per catch vs Nicks 4168 total yards and 17.7 yard average..... not even close

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeremy Ross should be back soon. Very soon.

Shaky Smithson, remember him? He just told me he's ready, out in LA training.

NO WAY IN HELL does Hakeem Nicks come to the Packers. I have him on my fantasy team.... I've seen him stop routes to cause Ints twice this year.
Which I like in a way because I hate the Giants and Eli.
But if he does that there on a team he's been on for years, we don't want him here short term for sure.

BTW, how is WR Greg Jennings enjoying the view in Minnesota?

12theTruth

Britt has 2413 the total yards and 8.7 yards per catch vs Nicks 4168 total yards and 17.7 yard average..... not even close

What are you talking about??? Britt has a 15.8 yards per reception average vs Nicks with a 14.9 career average! Once again he's bigger and faster.

12theTruth

Not this season he doesn't.......
7 catches 59 yards 8.4 average
http://www.nfl.com/player/kennybritt/71217/careerstats

25 catches 442 yards 17.7 average
http://www.nfl.com/player/hakeemnicks/80672/careerstats

So why did you mix their career yards with this season's yards per catch. Doesn't make sense. A truer reflection are their career numbers for both categories. This year with Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing the ball and Britt being in the doghouse his numbers are low.

The total number of yards has more to do with opportunities than a knock on Britt's abilities. For you to suggest they weren't even close I don't think is fair.

Britt is still faster, bigger, and has boatloads of talent. Nicks like Britt also has an injury history. Nicks has Eli Manning as his QB whilest Britt has Ryan Fitzpatrick.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So why did you mix their career yards with this season's yards per catch. Doesn't make sense. A truer reflection are their career numbers for both categories. This year with Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing the ball and Britt being in the doghouse his numbers are low.

The total number of yards has more to do with opportunities than a knock on Britt's abilities. For you to suggest they weren't even close I don't think is fair.

Britt is still faster, bigger, and has boatloads of talent. Nicks like Britt also has an injury history. Nicks has Eli Manning as his QB whilest Britt has Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Look the career stats Nicks better and doesn't have the criminal history Britt has.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would we want Jeremy Ross back? He was pretty worthless as a wideout, bad hands.

The Titans want a 3rd for Britt. No way would I touch him for more than a 5th. Talented but comes with baggage.

Other than signing White from the practice squad, I wouldn't expect much to happen if these are short-term injuries. If neither is going on IR, which fortunately it sounds like they will not be, we can't replace them without making a roster move somewhere else. With guys like Worthy and Sherrod eligible to start practicing again tomorrow, we're probably going to have to clear a couple spots as it is.

Finley may be a de facto wide receiver for a few weeks. White possibly signed. Probably see some more 2 TE sets in the game plan.

12theTruth

Look the career stats Nicks better and doesn't have the criminal history Britt has.

Some times players have issues like our very own Johnny Jolly! The fact remains that Britt has a better career yards per catch though he does have less overall yards due to less opportunities. Britt has several teams reportedly interested in him. Sometimes players need a change of scenery. I am not saying Britt is the best option out there but he is not clearly inferior as you are suggesting

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some times players have issues like our very own Johnny Jolly! The fact remains that Britt has a better career yards per catch though he does have less overall yards due to less opportunities. Britt has several teams reportedly interested in him. Sometimes players need a change of scenery. I am not saying Britt is the best option out there but he is not clearly inferior as you are suggesting
Why would we trade anything for a guy who's no better than what's available in free agency? He's no better than Massaquoi and Robinson.

Members online

Latest posts