Should Asomugha come to the Pack

H

HardRightEdge

If his time in Philly proved anything, he's a pure man-to-man cover corner, assuming he hasn't lost speed, which is a big assumption.

I'd pass.

If somebody signs away Shields I'd be willing to revisit the issue.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
If his time in Philly proved anything, he's a pure man-to-man cover corner, assuming he hasn't lost speed, which is a big assumption.

I'd pass.

If somebody signs away Shields I'd be willing to revisit the issue.
We also learned he was too slow (lost his quickness) to be a pure man to man cover corner

H

HardRightEdge

We also learned he was too slow (lost his quickness) to be a pure man to man cover corner

Who could tell? He was stuck in cover 2 underneath, or ended up chasing when an assignment was blown (which was not infrequent). When you pull a guy like that out of press coverage, it's like a fish out of water.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Who could tell? He was stuck in cover 2 underneath, or ended up chasing when an assignment was blown (which was not infrequent). When you pull a guy like that out of press coverage, it's like a fish out of water.
True. The Eagles safeties completely abandoned him.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. Will still be too expensive and he doesn't fit well into our scheme.

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. Will still be too expensive and he doesn't fit well into our scheme.

I think he would fit well in the scheme here, but you're probably right about too expensive. They say you can never have too many good CBs, but if we keep Shields along with Williams, House, and Hayward, that's got to be pushing the limit.

Reaction score
Nah, we've already got a talented corner that can't tackle.
At least Tramon has the whole "I played through a shoulder nerve injury and my teammates respect me for that." excuse ... what's amaomsohgoahgoahgaoh's excuse to not tackle, "I wasn't paid enough to tackle." ?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers have one strength on defense, it's both the established (not necessarily elite) and up-and-coming talent at the cornerback position. While I'd love to add another, our money would be much better spent on the DL and LB corps. Even players like Revis and Woodson in their primes can't patrol their islands effectively without a complimentary pass rush.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy is softer than Clay Aiken sitting next to a naked Alyssa Milano!
Our defense is already weak, soft, NOT physical.

We need to add some muscle, some intimidation perhaps.
Bernard Pollard or Louis Delmas perhaps, but Pollard is a head-case, and Delmas has been brittle.
I expect Delmas becomes a 49er by tomorrow though, they like physical guys on defense. We like thin, finesse guys, especially at DB.... so you'd think Aso would be a fit.... but, luckily, he's too expensive for us.

I'd rather dream for Delmas or James Harrison. OT's would have nightmares this year worrying about Matthews & Harrison..... he still has some gas left in his tank.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet a Charles Woodson thread 7 years ago would have looked eerily similar to this one. I personally don't have interest in us signing him, but you never know how something like that would pan out. That said, there's about a 1% chance Ted would sign him anyway.

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not gonna start a thread over it, but I'd consider Bernard Pollard over Asomwa. No softness there. And he's more of a position of need - kinda half way between Woodson in his prime and Woodson last year.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Well Asomugha still isn't signed anywhere which means he gets more affordable by the day.

H

HardRightEdge

If i remember correctly, he was due to get paid (over paid) by philly....he was due 14 mil or some crazy number close to that. No way he comes in for anything less than double digit millions. He is greedy.

If he wants to play NFL football he will be paid nothing close to 8 figures, and the guarantees will be minimal.

Philadelphia's miscasting damaged the reputation of several players.

Members online

Latest posts