Short and Sweet.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now, I know... many here dispise Prisco and Clarke Judge... But it is always interesting to read what two writers in the main stream media's take is on whether it is Brett or is it the Packers as a whole that have this team off to a 0-3 start.

www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8902760

Once again this link is not showing so scroll over the blank space above.

I am torn between both thoughts and I think they both make a few points. The bottom line is they both think Brett has what it takes but not as much take as he once had.

Go Help me win one game next week... Raiders or Packers... Just one is all I need to sleep a good night for the first time this season.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tromadz: Bears fans are USED to it so they really dont care at all, they feel good if the Packers loose, they feel bad if the Packers win...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
RP..

those guys are EXACTLY right...
(although they didn't mention that the coaching hasn't helped either...)

I just wish these so called "Packer fans" would understand that this is the reality right now...and what has to be done is good game planning and play calling with the talent that they currently have...which is not much.

The one thing I remember most about Holmgren is that he almost always had the right play called at the right time to exploit the the tendencies of the opposing defenses....(and i can only say honestly that I've only seen it one time since Sherrossley took over and that was the Ravens game several years ago...)

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those guys are not right. We have given up a grand total of 60 points this season so the defense is at least respectable. It's the offense and largely Brett who have lost us two of the three games this season.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Those guys are not right. We have given up a grand total of 60 points this season so the defense is at least respectable. It's the offense and largely Brett who have lost us two of the three games this season.

Even though I've been very critical of Brett (which apparently means I'm not a Packer fan)...I wouldn't quite say he was the main reason the Pack lost...no doubt that Brett, his 7 picks, his caution to incorporate some of the check offs and younger receivers, and his tendency to force the ball have certainly played a contributing role, but if I were to pick the most significant deficiency, I'd say the interior offensive line.

The middle 3 have handicapped the run game, the variety of plays the team can call, and then, indirectly, the pass game.

I understand what TT is trying to accomplish long term, and that it was difficult to keep Rivera or Wahle, but it appears that he grossly underestimated the value of the guard position, which has really hurt this team.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Musccy,
I agree with you the interior offensive line is causing alot of the problems for the offense. I DO believe they are starting to gel and they will be OK and thus make the offense better. I hope the coaches don't panic and start switching o-lineman that could set us back a bit.
Believe me, this team is going to be alright despite the 0-3 start and could win this division.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the guards have played all that bad. I think Flanny is hurting this team more than people want to admit. I say it's time to give Wells a shot and give Flanigan some time to heal or get better, whatever is wrong with him...

Members online

Latest posts