Shermans inabillity to take chances cost us the game

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Murphys reception was ruled incomplete, for a fourth and long, Sherman should have challenged it for a fourth and inces and made a go for it to win the game, a field goal wouldn't win the game and it didn't...

If you look at the drive, this was one of the best drives we had in the game, and Favre was pretty hot, why not go for it? If we didn't get a TD we would still be under!

I think the offense was decent in this game.. so was the defence

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense sucked in this game and the defense played great.

The offense had 4 turnovers while the defense continually stopped TB in the second half. The defense even gave the offense the ball on the 20 with a chance to take the lead and we had to settle for a FG!

There's nothing to blame on the defense, but the offense stunk up the place. Favre is not playing like himself right now and our run blocking sucks.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see...Mike Sherman was calling the plays...and he throws deep on 4th and five or so for a touchdown. That CERTAINLY proves that Mike Sherman WON'T take chances. Then he did it again(when the circus play by the Bucs got the interception).I haven't seen a bomb on fourth down since the days of Bart Starr.
Then he throws the red flag on an obvious goof by the moronic officiating team when Griese fumbled.
Ya, that Mike Sherman won't take any chances.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Gaffo is right, by that point in the game we needed to get a touchdown it is the same to have lost by 1 or by4 points, goign for the touchdown would have shown a desire to win the game, desire that I haven´t been able to see in Shermy´s eyes, even when I have tried..

On the ither hand YES OUR OFFENSE LOOKED OFENSIVE for packer fans..

See the difference that acoach makes BATES WITH A MUCH WORST BUNCH OF GUYS HAVE MANAGED TO BE BETTER THAN THE OFFENSE, learning from his mistakes and pushing his players to give his best.. so coaching can make changes. I hope we can get a change in HC and OC as soon as possible.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey net...I think we can agree that there is less talent on the defense, and yet, they are playing their ***** off with passion and fire to spare.

Here we have an offense with greater talent than the defense, and yet, they cannot stop tripping over their own shadows.

The reality is that once again, as per the usual, Sherman made several big blunders that one could argue cost us the game.

1. Failure to utilize 2 minute drill to end the half: For the second week in a row, Mike Sherman threw in the towel and did not allow his offense to go into 2 minute mode when the time, timeouts and/or game cirtcumstances indicated (no, make that demanded) that he do so. If I am a player, I come away with the conclusion that the guy is inept, of he gave up...either way, he loses my respect.

2. Failure to attempt the 2 point conversion: Gee, let me see here, we can lose by either 1 point or two, OR, we can attempt the 2 point to tie it up. This is a NO BRAINER...nothing to lose, everything to gain.

3. Failue to review a play: Clearly, Murphy got that ball before it hit the turf, and yet, MS in his infinite wisdom decided to to check into it. FOOL!!!

Sure, you can make the arguement that "players play the game" and you are absolutely right. But as a coach, if I know I have a less than talented team, I realize that I HAVE TO BE ON TOP OF MY GAME to offset those deficiencies...to have players mess up can hurt a team...to have players AND coaches mess up....well, it will prove fatal every time!

There is no defending his screw ups this game.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
See the difference that acoach makes BATES WITH A MUCH WORST BUNCH OF GUYS HAVE MANAGED TO BE BETTER THAN THE OFFENSE, learning from his mistakes and pushing his players to give his best.. so coaching can make changes. I hope we can get a change in HC and OC as soon as possible.

jim bates did a heckuva lot of research on the guys he had, he knew that he would have a formidable unit without darren sharper (and eventually without cleditus hunt)...he is using every player to the best of his ability...nick collins is finding a niche, he found use for ahmad caroll even when he couldn't start, mike hawkins is giving us productivity, our linebacking core is hanging tough, KGB is playing the run...certainly there are some kinks that have to be worked out but Bates said going into the year that he was comfortable with the personell he had, i thought he was full of (poop) but he pulled a fast one on us...

Sherrosley (i swear they're the same person, evil twins or a clone of each other), whoever is responsible for this offensive output should be shot...Recievers not open, Javon Walker is done for the year and the team goes into crisis mode, no one steps up because no one was given the OPPORTUNITY to step up, instead we just throw ferguson into the fire and well, yeah there's an entire thread b!tching him out...there's been a change in our running backs, ahman isn't ahman anymore, fisher and najeh are struggling...our running game has been ineffective or not used this season--so why not get some new running sets in there, two tight ends, full house backfield, are we using U 71 this year??? shake something up, spread the field and open up the middle god just do something

I'm off topic, i didnt know what chances we didn't take because i didn't get the game here in PA...but...and this is a big one here...Mike Sherman's inability to adjust to adverse conditions is costing us plenty of games, i ask everyone who is still on this guy's side...WHY should he NOT lose his job, and continue to be "the man" for this team as we are currently in transition, and look to rebuild with the futures of Favre, Ahman, Javon, etc. in question.

And by transition I don't mean throw the season away, I mean...whether we suck it up and go 4-12 or whether we rally and go 10-6, this is a different packer team then we've had...we're not gonna have Ahman run for 1,500 plus (or even four digits for that matter), we don't have Javon as our primary red zone target, we have a defense, but also a heck of a lot of rookies, Sherman needs to show me something--and fast; to prove that he can be the man for this team...

Members online

Latest posts