Sherman's duties

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman seems to definitely be an offensive coach. We need him calling plays on offense, not Rossley. On the otherhand for some reason most of his problems, team personnel wise, seem to be with defensive players. Even though the defensive players are more overpaid based on their production. So, in this light I hope Sherman puts 100% of his efforts into the offense and let's Bates totally run the defense.
:feedback:

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A head coach, in most instances is more of a figure head. With track and field, we'd have groups like the throwers, the jumpers, sprinters...each with their own coach, and then our head coach would focus mainly with the distance guys. He still oversaw the entire team each day, and contributed to parts of the other events, but stuck with his specialty...and I see the packers and sherman the same way...it's not as though he's designing every workout and drill sequence for the kickers, or the linebackers...that's what the position coaches are for, and he can focus on his area of expertise...but he still needs to oversee and contribute to the entire team.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would hope that now, with Bates joining the Team, that Sherman doesn't find himself being forced to micro-manage this situation - nor shoud he automatically try, either. Micro-managers are nothing but dead weight to any process and it defeats the success of various parts of the Team, constantly.

I see Beightol & Bates combining to become a very formidable tandem duo....
I'd even bet they discuss certain aspects of each other's tactical approaches to the game for review and criticisms/advice along the way.

The words coming from GB and other areas aren't giving me pause for thought this time around... not like the placement of Slowik had done. Putting Slowik in the DC chair was just tooo damn cheeky all throughout - just like the Rossley nonsense.

This time, it smells & feels totally different and completely more positive.
How can you not have a better outlook toward the Team?

Take Rosenlous out of the picture and WOW!

Members online

Latest posts