Sherman knocks socks off

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An article on ESPN's web site today provides the following take on the Buffalo Bills' head coaching job:

"Jauron, who served as the interim head coach of the Detroit Lions this season, has been pegged by several media outlets as the favorite to land a Bills job for which he was also a candidate two years ago. But a source close to the Bills' search said that Sherman, who took the Packers to four playoff appearances in six seasons, had a Wednesday interview in which he 'knocked the socks off' Buffalo officials."

Ron Wolf had the same reaction when he interviewed Sherman back in 2000. And I could see some of that Sherman swagger during his final press conference two weeks ago, although that attitude was strangely absent in press conferences when he was actually coaching the team.

Sherman seems like a logical choice for the Bills job. He's very solid and will pose no risks for the team's front office--a couple of guys in their 80's. He's coached for the past six years in a small market, cold weather city with a rabid fan base. Love him or hate him, you cannot deny that you as a Packer fan are VERY interested in where Mike Sherman winds up.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah..

He interviews well..and has the ability to pull the wool over people's eyes...

(Probably due to his history as a pedant....)

I would love to see him wind up in Buffalo...so when he fails...I will finally be proven correct to the unbelievers here...!!

Bwuuaahhhaaahahahahahaha!

SherRossley in Buffalo!

Pass the wings...

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would you care about where a former coach ends up? So many were asking for his head and now they got it. It's over.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is the NFL section, during the offseason...what do you want us to talk about, phil. Let us know what we can talk about, and we will resume.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You sound like a guy who got dumped and he is peeping through her window to see who she is with now.
When the Bears fire a coach, we don't really care where he ends up. Your teams connection to him is over and you wanted him gone anyway. You wanted an end to Sherman and now you want to keep talking about him. Weird!
Think I care what ever happened to John Schoop?
:roll:

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Right you are..Phil...

Just like we don't care about a Bear fans opinions on a Packer forum...

now scram....

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
You sound like a guy who got dumped and he is peeping through her window to see who she is with now.
When the Bears fire a coach, we don't really care where he ends up. Your teams connection to him is over and you wanted him gone anyway. You wanted an end to Sherman and now you want to keep talking about him. Weird!

Well Phil I for one hope Sherman finds a Nfl coaching job so were not held to the 3.2 million dollars a year were due to pay him.

As for John Schoop...you know exactly what happened to him...you.. skito.. curly bear and him, dress up like the Village People and hit the gay clubs every weekend. :shock:

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gotarace27 said:
Philtration said:

As for John Schoop...you know exactly what happened to him...you.. skito.. curly bear and him, dress up like the Village People and hit the gay clubs every weekend. :shock:

That's right, gotrace. You're more than invited when we go tomorrow night. Never a dull moment.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In Toronto we get our US stations from Buffalo and it's funny how the grass is always greener. These people are all talking about what an excellent coach Mike Sherman is and how he's a winner who got a raw deal in Green Bay. I guess no matter where you are, people want to view their new coach as being the solution to their losing ways.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
TO..

Give them 2-3 years...and they will see the true colors of Coach Charlatan...i..mean SherRossley....

He may be a good man..and he interviews well..but he is not a "quality" HC in the NFL..

(and his henchman..Igor Rossley is even worse...)

You will see...i pity the fans of Buffalo..if they sign Sherman....

(but at least the Pack is well rid of him....)

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil: I think it would be weird for us NOT to be interested in where Sherman ends up. He was head coach for six years and GM for three of those years. He's had a tremendous impact on this team, like him or not. And it helps gauge where our franchise is to see how its former coach does.

Your Shoop comparison is silly. He was only the offensive coordinator and everyone agreed that he was no good. Head coaches are different. Don't try to tell us that you guys didn't care what happened to Ditka after he left. So unless you can come up with a better argument, I'm going to assume you're just flaming.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Sherman = Marty Schottenheimer --- uuuh, that would be a YES!

Somehow, I think they've actually perfected cloning...... muuwhahahahaha!

CHOKE - CHOKE - CHOKE - CHOKE - CHOKE - CHOKE - CHOKE

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Philtration said:

Da Bears God

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Right you are..Phil...

Just like we don't care about a Bear fans opinions on a Packer forum...

now scram....

Gee Mr. Personality, with Sherman gone and Favre having one foot out the door it looks like you will have to find a new guy to get all hot and ***** over. Hope it's not me. :p

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Phil: I think it would be weird for us NOT to be interested in where Sherman ends up. He was head coach for six years and GM for three of those years. He's had a tremendous impact on this team, like him or not. And it helps gauge where our franchise is to see how its former coach does.

Your Shoop comparison is silly. He was only the offensive coordinator and everyone agreed that he was no good. Head coaches are different. Don't try to tell us that you guys didn't care what happened to Ditka after he left. So unless you can come up with a better argument, I'm going to assume you're just flaming.

Okay, I will change Schoop to Dave Wannstedt........

Nope, still don't care. How about Neil Armstrong.......

No, nothing at all. Jack Pardee........

Nothing. Oh well, I tried anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts