SHERMAN FIRED!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vixtalkn said:
Suppose TT knows what he's doing, but for me it's just a clear sign the ride is really over. And what a fun ride it was.
Glory days well they'll pass you by
Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory days

Now I think I'm going down to the well tonight
and I'm going to drink till I get my fill
And I hope when I get old I don't sit around thinking about it
but I probably will
Yeah, just sitting back trying to recapture
a little of the glory of, well time slips away
and leaves you with nothing mister but
boring stories of glory days

Glory days well they'll pass you by
Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory days

Let's hope we have just a few more before the end.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is...........GONE!

Whooooooooo!

Surely Rossley is next on the chopping block. He had a job for 1 reason, and that 1 reason is.......GONE!

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rossley will start drinking heavily and become an alcoholic, by his picture I can tell he is liable to do it :p

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
yeah..DePack..

don't think it'll happen though..

(Better stock up on undies just in case....)

Can you imagine Rossley stalking the Packer's sideline...?

-Brrrrr...gives me the chills just thinking about it....

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is they did this to make Bates headcoach before he was given the job by someone else. He is being mentioned for other positions and is top of the list in many cases.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
My guess is they did this to make Bates headcoach before he was given the job by someone else. He is being mentioned for other positions and is top of the list in many cases.

Did you notice TT is interviewing both a OC and DC? I wonder if he's bringing in new coordinators for Bates to be the HC?

OR is that really stupid to think that? I dunno I guess I'm jus hopeful bates is our HC next year.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
or maybe bates will be fired too, and hes cleaning the entire house.

I am begining to wonder that myself and I am not so sure I like the implications. Can't see him firing Bates but I can't think of too many others that will be safe. but that's just me.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if Childress or Steve. M. is hired, there's a good chance of Favre returning. If Bates stays, the defense is taken care of. We then need an offensive mind.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Bates is the new HC, I have fears of him losing touch with the "D" and all. But then I think of Bilicheck who is "D" minded, and yet, a great HC...BTW, I'm definitely not comparing the two, just throwing it out there.

PPierce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard Childress mentioned as TT's top choice.

I personally think this was a good move. I don't think it will make Favre quit. I dont' think he's ready to quit.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Sherman is a good head coach for the offseason and for game prep. The three hours on the sideline were his weak spot.

Sherman's old contract woould have been up and it simply would not be renewed if Ted Thompson did not like what he saw. I could have evaluated based on the season.

One of two decisions is a mistake. Was it the extension in August or the firing of Mike Sherman the mistake. You cannot say each was the right decision at the time. One of the decisions was made without full evaluation.

Anyone not hired by Thompson is wearing a bulleye. Mr. Harlan ought to be thinking of some checks and balances before he leaves a dictatorship for his successor to unravel.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Kirk Ferentz, just a feeling.

And I really do like Steve Mariucci as OC.

This Tim Lewis guy we won't get I think, the Redskins owners has a lot of dollars, and he is not letting him go..

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
yeah..DePack..

don't think it'll happen though..

(Better stock up on undies just in case....)

Can you imagine Rossley stalking the Packer's sideline...?

-Brrrrr...gives me the chills just thinking about it....

That would be worse than Sherman himself.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well......everyone is a "genius" until we see the results. Will it make the Packers better? I think so......but what do I know??? It's just the opinion of a everyday fan......it's not like i'm a football genius. I DO hope Brett comes back for one more year at least. He's STILL better then alot of QB's in the NFL. What i saw of Aaron Rodgers was, NO movement in the pocket, no idea of what was going on around him. A sitting duck. Of course it's early, but Brett had that awareness from the start. The ability to elude tacklers just as they beared down on him.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Well......everyone is a "genius" until we see the results. Will it make the Packers better? I think so......but what do I know??? It's just the opinion of a everyday fan......it's not like i'm a football genius. I DO hope Brett comes back for one more year at least. He's STILL better then alot of QB's in the NFL. What i saw of Aaron Rodgers was, NO movement in the pocket, no idea of what was going on around him. A sitting duck. Of course it's early, but Brett had that awareness from the start. The ability to elude tacklers just as they beared down on him.
I want Brett back, but you can't judge Rogers as compared to Brett. Fifteen Years of experience vs 25 snaps in the NFL is no comparison.

Kyle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say thankee sai Thompson! Good riddance to Senior Sherman. The contract extension and firing are not mutually exclusive positives. The extension was offered in order to evaluate player personnel under a legitimate coaching regime, not a lame duck. Shermy served his purpose and now he's gone. Why would TT NOT want his own man at the helm? Favre can come back if he wants. It's up to him, TT would never ask him to leave. Unfortunately, TT has to try to draft with only 5 or 6 draft picks. Sherman and pals milked this franchise for far too long. Adios compadre!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
or maybe bates will be fired too, and hes cleaning the entire house.

I just watched the Larry Mcaren show with Ted Thompson and TT stated he spoke with Bates about interviewing for the HC position. Promotion maybe, fire I don't forsee that happening to a man who helped improve a lower tier defense to one that kept the team in the games through the last quarter.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually all of the assistants are on the chopping block at this point. The new HC will want his own guys and TT has always said that the HC is in command of hiring the assistant coaches. If Bates is promoted, then there will be less turnover. But if someone new is brought in, then it is likely that we'll see a whole new staff.

I'm not yet sold that firing Sherman was a good move. IMO TT has made a lot of mistakes thusfar as GM. The positive moves he made were the draft and cutting Hunt. The negatives were letting Wahle and Rivera go without getting solid replacements, not signing good FAs to fill holes and never finding experienced players to step in for the many injuries this season.

TT has a lot to prove as a GM. Finding the right HC will obviously be the the best measurement of his quality as a GM. Remember that Harlan hired TT because he thought Ted would be the best person to work with Sherman, not because he was the best candidate for the position.

OP
OP
R

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be a huge mistake to let Bates go! Nightmare scenario . . . . Queens next DC . . . . Jim Bates! NOOOOOOOOOO!

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby I agree with your assessment of TT. Especially letting Wahle get away, Riveria was past his prime and has not been that good in Dallas but Wahle is a keeper and we needed to find a way to keep him. TT looks like a used car salesman and will need to see how he does over the next three years. I expect Favre will retire, Green is gone but he is hurt and past prime and we will see other veterans go. Sharpter also looks like a mistake and the secondary lacked leadership although Carroll is much improved and I love Collins, he is really a player.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
Bobby I agree with your assessment of TT. Especially letting Wahle get away, Riveria was past his prime and has not been that good in Dallas but Wahle is a keeper and we needed to find a way to keep him. TT looks like a used car salesman and will need to see how he does over the next three years. I expect Favre will retire, Green is gone but he is hurt and past prime and we will see other veterans go. Sharpter also looks like a mistake and the secondary lacked leadership although Carroll is much improved and I love Collins, he is really a player.

Don't forget that Sherman sold TT on drafting Collins. The best part of TT's year as GM was his draft, but his best draft pick (Collins) came from Sherman.

Members online

Latest posts