Shawne Merriman suspended for violating STEROID policy

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
espn.com:

Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman has been notified he will be suspended for four games for violating the NFL's steroids policy, league and team sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Merriman's positive test was "definitely for steroids … not one of those supplement deals" said a source with knowledge of Merriman's suspension.

Merriman's suspension originally was to be announced last Tuesday when two other players -- the Falcons' Mark Lehr and the Lions' Shaun Rogers -- were suspended for violating the policy. But Merriman reserved the right to appeal his suspension, so it was not announced.

Neither the Chargers, nor Merriman, could be reached for comment Sunday night.

Earlier Sunday the Chargers lost to the Chiefs 30-27 in Kansas City.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do these guys even bother with that stuff? The NFL is cracking down a bit more. It's good to see them taking action and suspending more players. Hopefully more will get the message.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you noticed how a lot of the "marquee" players are getting caught? The one's who we heare about all their strength and all? I wonder how many more are on the list....

Just a matter of time before someone from the bears gets caught...like Uhrlacher maybe? (that was for you Phil! I am working on getting my smites higher than my posts. :wink: )

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you noticed how a lot of the "marquee" players are getting caught? The one's who we heare about all their strength and all? I wonder how many more are on the list....

Just a matter of time before someone from the bears gets caught...like Uhrlacher maybe? (that was for you Phil! I am working on getting my smites higher than my posts. :wink: )

You're right trippster......maybe that stuff works. Maybe the NFL is testing the really great performers. Safe to say our defense is probably safe from testing for awhile :cry:

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised that the NFL has caught on to testing for Greg Jennings' man juice. Steriods don't make you as good as Merriman. Only Jennings Juice can do that.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I still have not found anything explaining the whole Karma rating here.

If I had to pick one player from the Bears that would look suspicious it might be Urlacher. Not because he seems like the type but because he has a freakish combination of speed and strength. Guys his size are not supposed to be that fast.
The Bears really don't have a lot of big guys and the D is built on speed over bulk.
Now that I think about it, Thomas Jones has arms that belong on a much larger man.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't tell me that half the league isn't on the Human Growth Hormones - like the ones that Bonds is clearly on. THey can't reliably detect them, and they aren't trying to.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats what i was saying.

maybe in norway, but here in america we reward our cheaters.

Latest posts