Sharper already talking trash

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1530778.html

Darren Sharper knows Brett Favre is playing some of the best football of his career, and the Vikings safety has seen the highlights of his former teammate completing touchdown passes of 79, 82 and 60 yards in the Packers' most recent victories at Denver and Kansas City.

So what does Sharper think of Favre's success on those deep passes?

"Some of the throws he's making, I just hope he tries that against us," Sharper said Monday. "Those 50-yard balls over the middle of the field, we'll see how much success he has."

The Vikings (3-5) will play the Packers (7-1) at noon Sunday at Lambeau Field.

Sharper, of course, is very familiar with Favre. The two played together in Green Bay for eight seasons and the Favre-led Packers went to the Super Bowl when Sharper was a rookie in 1997.

"I can't remember him playing any better than he's playing right now," Sharper admitted.

Sharper joined the Vikings in 2005 and often talked about his desire to get an interception against Favre. That happened last December when the teams played in Green Bay.

He nearly had another pick in the Vikings' 23-16 loss to Green Bay on Sept. 30, but it was nullified by a penalty.

Favre attempted 45 passes in that game and broke Dan Marino's NFL record for career touchdown passes. Sharper is hoping Favre again tries to put on an aerial show with some deep shots.

"I just see him throw the ball up over the middle of the field very high and very long, and I like when quarterbacks do that," Sharper said. "He did that last time we played him."

JUDD ZULGAD

Amazing. I hope Jennings gets another bomb and just burns right by Sharper.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I like when quarterbacks do that (throw it very high and very long)"
-Darren Sharper

Just like how he was looking forward to picking Favre off to set that record... he never shuts up. I hope we get three on him, one to Driver, Jennings, and Jones.

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Folks, seems to me that it's groundhog day.

Yes, Sharpie knows ALL of Favres calls.
(He just couldn't remember what they meant)

Yes, he likes it when QBs throw long bombs.
(He gets goosebumps of that sizzle when they fly right by him)

Yes, Sharpie is a real ball-hawk
(With all that pass-play against the Queens, you can't help getting hit by some passes. It's like dodgeball)

7-1 and counting
:pop:

Sangill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really liked Sharper back in the day. Nevertheless, Dramaqueens has one of the worst Pass-D's in the league(if not the worst?).

If Brett comes out slingin, we should be fine.

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I just see him throw the ball up over the middle of the field very high and very long, and I like when quarterbacks do that," Sharper said. "He did that last time we played him."

Yes Mr Sharper....

And who won???

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sharper's pretty good at defending those long, high passes, but that's not all Favre can do. He can burn him with short throws, hitting the receivers in stride so they can run right past Sharper, like in the picture above.

Every time Sharper opens his mouth, I'm even happier that Thompson let him go.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yet another reason I'm glad MM and TT are filling our locker room with high character football players. This kind of crap combined with what Donald Lee said about the Miami locker room (implying it was far different from here with "different" personalities) shows me a lot.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
He has to flap his gums before the game.. because after it, Favre has stapled it shut this past meeting..

Darren is on the downhill slide of his career and it probably ****** him off the Favre has been great before he started and after he peaked.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heh. Yeah, we'll see Sharper on the highlight reels all right - chasing Driver, Jennings, and Jones as they're scoring TDs.

EDIT: Forgot to add Robinson and Lee. My bad.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Some of those throws he's making, I just hope he tries that against us", says Sharper, while their team sits in THIRTY FIRST position against the pass.

WOOOOH. I bet Brett's REAL scared.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Some of those throws he's making, I just hope he tries that against us", says Sharper, while their team sits in THIRTY FIRST position against the pass.

WOOOOH. I bet Brett's REAL scared.

Note to those who play fantasy - PLAY BRETT FAVRE!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I LOVE it!!! When will that boy learn to keep his big mouth shut???
But i'm GLAD he said it all! It makes it just that much sweeter when he ends up in "St. Vincent's" hospital, in the "burn" unit!!! :lol:
I hope someone puts his quote in Favre's locker!!! :wink:

Hey.....i just thought........you know what this reminds me of? Whistleing in the graveyard! You know.....your scared, so you try your hardest to APPEAR not afraid? :wink:

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey.....i just thought........you know what this reminds me of? Whistleing in the graveyard! You know.....your scared, so you try your hardest to APPEAR not afraid? :wink:
:beer: I'm going to use that line if you don't mind. :D

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder what kind of conversations he and Favre have during gametime.

Favre - I thought you were gonna pick me off, Sharper!
Sharper - Yeah well... you threw it too hard.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Or maybe:
Sharper: Hey Brett, once you guys are WAY in the lead, can't you just let me have one? You know, for old times sake? And so I don't lose my job???
Brett: Darren, I TRIED to give you one last time, but like usual, you dropped it! Oh.....how are those "burns" healing from the last time we played you? :wink:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Danreb said:

Or maybe:
Sharper: Hey Brett, once you guys are WAY in the lead, can't you just let me have one? You know, for old times sake? And so I don't lose my job???
Brett: Darren, I TRIED to give you one last time, but like usual, you dropped it! Oh.....how are those "burns" healing from the last time we played you? :wink:

:rotflmao:

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daren uses his soupcoolers more than he does his game on sunday........ i think were gonna kick their ***, i hope favre read what he saod too

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sharper says: "hey Brett, you ain't got no game"

and Brett replies: "Either that's a giant buggar or you have a smelling salt capsule stuck in your nose which makes sense since your talking all crazy."

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score

and Brett replies: "Either that's a giant buggar or you have a smelling salt capsule stuck in your nose which makes sense since your talking all crazy."

uh, what?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

uh, what?

Exactly. Where does Sharper come up with this stuff?

Considering their record against the pass his quote is so far off base you have to wonder what he's on because he certainly doesn't have any facts to back it up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts