Serious talk: Debovsky Says Lang, Barbre Wells to Start

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO it's the best deal. I would like for Spitz to take Colledge's job, and Tauscher to man the RT, but the line allowed 0 sacks. You HAVE to go with what's working... You HAVE to stabilish continuity when it's working...

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its the best for the Packers for Barbre and Lang to start, continue their development. Clifton and Tauscher as backups (insurance policy) coming off the bench for injuries or poor performance. Tauscher is 2 to 3 weeks away from being in football shape coming off injury. Clifton with that high ankle sprains need time to heal to be 100%.

Even if MM does start both Tauscher and Clifton, I don't think either one of them will make it 10 more games and a playoff run, without getting hurt. Then we are back with Lang and Barbre who have been sitting on the bench leading the Packers into the playoffs.

As long as Lang's and Barbre's performance is good enough keep them in. If not, yank them out and insert the two vets.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like it whatsoever. I understand "going with what is currently working", but you've just gotta take within its proper context. The line faced Detroit and Cleveland for God's sakes - my late Uncle Herman could pass-block against Cleveland.

No, I don't like at all. Clifton, I understand is still "iffy", but Tausch, I'd start that SOB without question. He's faced Ray Edwards many times in the past, and he's an extremely heady and savvy veteran.

Just like the last time these two teams faced, I thought Green Bay would win because they possess much more firepower on offense. Had Minnesota not been able to generate one or two sacks, it could have easily been a Green Bay victory. But, in the end, Minnesota proved too dominant on defense. If I were Mac, I would not give Minnesota any additional ammunition to get their defensive pressure game back into high gear. He's just asking for trouble.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I like Lang..He was tossed in vs the Viks and for the most part he played very well vs Allen..Of course he had a few slip ups, but all in all I was happy how he did..

Ther eis a thread with a video of Langs work

And Haus...that line with Cliffy gave up 5 sacks vs the horrible lions....I think I am pretty close here but when Lang came in they gave up 0

So even tohugh it was the Browns they did alot better then the Cliffy led line vs the Lions

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like it whatsoever. I understand "going with what is currently working", but you've just gotta take within its proper context. The line faced Detroit and Cleveland for God's sakes - my late Uncle Herman could pass-block against Cleveland.

No, I don't like at all. Clifton, I understand is still "iffy", but Tausch, I'd start that SOB without question. He's faced Ray Edwards many times in the past, and he's an extremely heady and savvy veteran.

Just like the last time these two teams faced, I thought Green Bay would win because they possess much more firepower on offense. Had Minnesota not been able to generate one or two sacks, it could have easily been a Green Bay victory. But, in the end, Minnesota proved too dominant on defense. If I were Mac, I would not give Minnesota any additional ammunition to get their defensive pressure game back into high gear. He's just asking for trouble.
No No. Clifton faced the Lions. And was the worst lineman on the team...

OP
OP
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No No. Clifton faced the Lions. And was the worst lineman on the team...

I am surprised "Pom-Pom" really has our interests at heart being a Viking fan. Oh he also cheers for the Pack. He cheers for everyone. Best to disregard anythign he says.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best to disregard anythign he says.

A typical comment from somebody that cannot win an argument. You're not gonna ever learn anything by refusing to be challenged. Beat me with sound reasoning and you will gain my respect.

:)

OP
OP
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beat me with sound reasoning and you will gain my respect.

Pom-Pom,

Pertaining to the first of that sentence, I already have, ad nauseum. Concerning the last part, I do not need to gain your respect, nor am I interested in doing so, because I have NO respect for you.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pom-Pom,

Pertaining to the first of that sentence, I already have, ad nauseum. Concerning the last part, I do not need to gain your respect, nor am I interested in doing so, because I have NO respect for you.

Everybody is well aware you cannot take me on without crying like a baby and you prove it by foolish comments akin to plugging your ears and screaming, "I can't hear you! I can't hear you!".

You, my good man, are an inherent hater. Some people just hate because they've got no love, and you are one of 'em. It's unfortunate, but it is becoming increasingly commonplace nowadays, but the good news for you is that I am learning to deal with these bottom-feeding types. It's a challenge I whole-heartedly accept.

All I know is if Brett Favre makes the Packers defense look silly yet again, show him some love.
:happy0005:

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
(...)
All I know is if Brett Favre makes the Packers defense look silly yet again, show him some love.
:happy0005:

- What I find most interesting is that everyone seems to believe that the Packers *will* win tonight ... Largely based on those 2 last games played against the Lions and the Browns.

Was difficult not to notice that on every TV "analysis", they were solely using plays from the Lions and Browns game ... - Just because the Steelers defense managed to play big, doesn't correlate to the Packers defense being able to do the same ...

Besides ... I just spoke with our relatives in Green Bay ... - A family with strong ties to the community in Green Bay, and whom have been rooting for the Packers for more than 50 years now ... - Yet, tonight they are almost all hoping Favre will perform well ...

It never seizes to amaze me how "younger" fans, always have to claim that *they* are the "real" fans, and if anyone dares to disagree with them, insults, temper-tantrums etc. are flying across the board ...

In any case ... win or lose ... tonights game is going to be great to watch !

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides ... I just spoke with our relatives in Green Bay ... - A family with strong ties to the community in Green Bay, and whom have been rooting for the Packers for more than 50 years now ... - Yet, tonight they are almost all hoping Favre will perform well ...

This coincides with many of my relatives sentiments also. I think most people like Favre, but want Green Bay to win. That's fine.

But, for the Vikings to win this game, All Day has to prove he can carry the load. He's only done it once this season. The longer the Minnesota offense can sustain drives and keep Green Bay's offense off the field, Minny's chances improve unbelievably.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts