Senior Bowl Practice

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Anybody watching?

I watched the North Practice yesterday. Got to see some of the pass rushers there.

But most of the big time Pass Rushers seem to be practicing for the south today.

Watching some of them Coples, Upshaw, Branch, Curry, Winn.

Watched some of the 1 on 1's yesterday. Vinny Curry looks pretty meh, in one drill he blew outside contain.

Billy Winn looked pretty good though.

Another guy I saw that I really like was Mike Martin out of Michigan. Guy is a freak of nature. Very physical and looks like he'd bring a nastiness to our defense in the trenches. Which I think would be great.

South team is practicing right now. Coples, Upshaw and Branch are the big names out there today. ILB's are drilling right now.

Will try to keep you updated and report back with what I saw that I liked

D

Dan115

Anybody watching?

I watched the North Practice yesterday. Got to see some of the pass rushers there.

But most of the big time Pass Rushers seem to be practicing for the south today.

Watching some of them Coples, Upshaw, Branch, Curry, Winn.

Watched some of the 1 on 1's yesterday. Vinny Curry looks pretty meh, in one drill he blew outside contain.

Billy Winn looked pretty good though.

Another guy I saw that I really like was Mike Martin out of Michigan. Guy is a freak of nature. Very physical and looks like he'd bring a nastiness to our defense in the trenches. Which I think would be great.

South team is practicing right now. Coples, Upshaw and Branch are the big names out there today. ILB's are drilling right now.

Will try to keep you updated and report back with what I saw that I liked

Can you tell what Packer scouts are there?

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Yesterday Ted Thompson was a spectator at the North Practice

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Melvin Ingram was easily most balanced and versatile pass rusher out there that I saw based on watching the 1 on 1's and practice play drills. The guy is a complete monster.

Upshaw looked good and got a sack during one of the drills. But was caught jumping offsides a couple times with the hard count.

Coples is a beast, but he lacks an explosive first step. But he has really long arms and a variety of pass rush moves, but looks like he's more of a finesse pass rusher and isn't as strong as some of the other guys.

Jay Howard out of Florida was a guy I hadn't hear much about. He's listed a defensive tackle, but he could play End just as easily. Solid pass rusher, but might be more suited to play in a 4-3

Brandon Taylor the Safety out of LSU from what I briefly saw looked good and laid a big hit on a receiver during a drill.

Janoris Jenkins looked great.

I know we have no need for a QB, but Weeden looked very good. Too bad he's old as hell.

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers had a meeting with Mike Martin after the first practice yesterday morning. So far he is the only player that the Packers have interviewed that I know of.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers had a meeting with Mike Martin after the first practice yesterday morning. So far he is the only player that the Packers have interviewed that I know of.

Funny how Mike Martin really didn't do much during the season for Michigan and he's now rated so highly. Although he did play well in the Sugar Bowl apparently.

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny how Mike Martin really didn't do much during the season for Michigan and he's now rated so highly. Although he did play well in the Sugar Bowl apparently.
I thought Michigan played him out of position but he has really proved himself this week.

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think only way Green Bay gets them is if they trade up.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been trying to catch the practices or recaps of the practices. A guy that I really liked was Kendall Reyes from Connecticut. He looked like a dominant interior pass rusher out there, really explosive. I could see him filling the void left by Cullen Jenkins' departure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts