See You Next Season

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the heels of the gutless statement of the NFL and no prospect of any improvements, I will write this season off as if it were a strike year. I will not watch or pay any attention to the NFL until the start of the 2014 season and then only if they have professionals at every position on the field. Good luck Pack and I certainly hope nobody is serously injured because of this foolishness. See you all next year! I am out!

Reaction score
The season is far from over. We will still win the NFC North! Let's move past this game and focus on next weekend. I think the Pack may have a little anger built up and the Oline will pretty much stop anybody or anything that may want do harm to Aaron Rodgers.

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See you later. I am confident that this incident will lead to the greedy owners conceding that the game is being damaged. Or maybe they just don't care, and then the rest of us will follow you about halfway through the season.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
As ****-off as I am, I'm going to stick with my team for whatever remains in the season. It's not their fault that they got screwed, without even a kiss. Some of the players would maybe like to walk away just like some of the fans. If they are in for the long haul, so am I.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A) We were 15-1 last year, 2011.
B) We lost 6 of 14 games to start 2010.
C) Which one did we win the Super Bowl in?

We're fine if the offense gets going.
The defense looks better than ever under Capers.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
On the heels of the gutless statement of the NFL and no prospect of any improvements, I will write this season off as if it were a strike year. I will not watch or pay any attention to the NFL until the start of the 2014 season and then only if they have professionals at every position on the field. Good luck Pack and I certainly hope nobody is serously injured because of this foolishness. See you all next year! I am out!

LOL. Why do I have my doubts on this?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
See you later. I am confident that this incident will lead to the greedy owners conceding that the game is being damaged. Or maybe they just don't care, and then the rest of us will follow you about halfway through the season.

I see. It's all the greedy, evil owners. Never mind the greedy, evil NFLRA. It's not enough for them to be the highest paid officials in the world per hour worked. You give them every inch they want they won't hesitate to do it again and again. As long as they refuse to budge an inch, there should be no deal. They want full time pay and benefits for part-time work. If the NFL completely caves, there will be major problems down the road in coming years. All they need to do is weed out the Lance Eisleys or move him to much easier positions to officiate, like line judge.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

Oh, come on. None of us slept well last night and, today, we are pissed and tired.

Give it a few days. Hope to see you back.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I don't blame people for not wanting to watch. Heck I don't plan on going to any games this year now either. I will still watch though but you can bet I won't be going crazy trying to predict games right now. Not worth it.

Besides, I cringe at the idea of these scrub refs in the playoffs.

I already fear they will send an NFC East team back to the SB again too since they love that division. I won't be stunned if two of them get to the playoffs.

I still love my football but things are so crazy and wrong right now. Not just in the NFL but around the world too and I won't get political I promise.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to add more fuel to the fire but this is just the beginning. It's going to keep happening until the real refs come back or the replacements learn the game.

HansGruber

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You Packer fans would really quit on your team over a bad call in Week 3? Wow.

You have 13 games left. This game means nothing. You got the soft Lions in your division and the only real competition looks like it will come from the Vikes - who let's be honest, they're not good enough to beat you yet.

I just don't get why you would quit your team this early over something that trivial. You'll see the Hawks in the playoffs and get your chance to prove GB deserved the win. Or will you still be boycotting and not watch that game?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's not all of us Gruber. There are far more pressing issues in this country right now than the state of NFL officiating. Trivial was the correct word.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You Packer fans would really quit on your team over a bad call in Week 3? Wow.

You have 13 games left. This game means nothing. You got the soft Lions in your division and the only real competition looks like it will come from the Vikes - who let's be honest, they're not good enough to beat you yet.

I just don't get why you would quit your team this early over something that trivial. You'll see the Hawks in the playoffs and get your chance to prove GB deserved the win. Or will you still be boycotting and not watch that game?
Now we are all a bunch of quitters right Troll?! The point he is making is not one of giving up on his team, he is giving up on the NFL and attempting to lower their profits due to greed backed by the owners and NFLRA. Its economics he is trying to influence, not loyalty to his team. I get it. Why don't you?!

HansGruber

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now we are all a bunch of quitters right Troll?! The point he is making is not one of giving up on his team, he is giving up on the NFL and attempting to lower their profits due to greed backed by the owners and NFLRA. Its economics he is trying to influence, not loyalty to his team. I get it. Why don't you?!

The NFL doesn't give a single hoot if you watch or not. That's why we're dealing with the replacement refs.

Because no matter how much you complain, the NFL as a corporation understands that you are hooked on their product. You will come back and continue to watch no matter what they do.

And if I was a troll, why would I be trying to encourage Packer fans? All they've done since that ref screw-up is blame the Seahawks players and fans, as if we had anything to do with that call. So far, it's been Packer fans that have lacked class - calling Carroll a cheater, sending threats to Golden Tate's twitter account, calling Seahawk fans a bunch of names - all over something that none of us had any control over.

I'm in this thread encouraging a fan to stick with his team, keep rooting for them, this is a meaningless loss and your team will be fine. How is that trolling? Plus, if you can't handle any smack talk, then you probably shouldn't watch football, since that comes with the territory. There were Pack fans all over the stadium last night talking trash to Seahawk fans and I didnt' see any Seahawk fans crying about it.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

No, you don't get it. Any stupid boycott of the Saints game would hurt the Packers far more than the people you're mad at.

OP
OP
maxlives

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, way to miss a point. Looks like my shared outrage and promise to withhold my consumption of a flawed product did not fall on deaf ears. Sometimes ultimatums and direct negative feedback (phone calls, e-mails) are effective. I am, thankfully, back to watch my Packers compete on a level field. I will still complain about bad calls but will understand the officials are professional screw ups when they do miss a call. Oh, BTW, it is good to know the Pack can play that poorly and still beat the Seahawks. Things looking up! NFL football is back!

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
Wow, way to miss a point. Looks like my shared outrage and promise to withhold my consumption of a flawed product did not fall on deaf ears. Sometimes ultimatums and direct negative feedback (phone calls, e-mails) are effective. I am, thankfully, back to watch my Packers compete on a level field. I will still complain about bad calls but will understand the officials are professional screw ups when they do miss a call. Oh, BTW, it is good to know the Pack can play that poorly and still beat the Seahawks. Things looking up! NFL football is back!

I think not.

You threw in the towel on Tuesday.

Reaction score
If I stopped watching the NFL, I would still watch the Packers.. If the Packers played in the WNBA, I would still watch them. Seriously.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts