Secondary

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How will it do this year?????????? Rember we did see alot of potential at the end of the season.

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i voted for good
i really like AARON ROUSE after watching his life story i think he has somthing to prove thus making our secondary better

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
another year, in the weight room program built by ROCK. another year, under the same DC. another year together.... and an entire offseason to study.

i see lots of reasons that we will be a better defense this year. IF Harrell performs up to standards and that enables the D-line to keep pressure, then the seconday will benefit.

we have two great cornerbacks who dont get talked about enough really... add a new nickleback and all the draftees, and our defense has been improved over the break.

i would like to see, C-wood, Rouse, Collins, Harris .... say what you want about Manuel, but he would be a very solid backup Safety to either of those guys.

so i voted good. and if Kurt S. can hold down the coaching aspect even just a little bit, then they can be great.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I voted good, but would not have voted great. I think Woodson and Harris are the most underrated tandem in the league right now. ( unless you ask us Packfans) Not totally sold on Walker, but I think he should be a durable veteran guy to use as a nickel, or for depth. DON'T SLEEP ON WIL BLACKMON!!!!! I feel like this dude will be healthy and ready to go this season, and I think he'll win the nickel spot.

Rouse/Underwood/Manuel will be the biggest question of all, and the reason I wouldn't call it a great secondary yet. Collins looks ready to produce consistenly, too.

If only we convince Schotty that his job's on the line Every game this year, as opposed to just the last 4 or so.....

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to consider what the guys up front are going to do and how the LB's contribute.
If we stop the run and put the opposing team in obvious passing situations.

If we found a consistant pass rush combination and Jenkins/KGB continue to produce.

If the "package" pass defense personnel improved thru experience.

If the two safties, whoever they are, play together like they have to.

All things I expect to NOT be IF's this year and I expect a top 10 defense. I think they expect to BE a top 10 defense.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our secondary will be improved, and the defense will flirt with greatness as the season progresses.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont think our secondary was god awful last year it was 2 years ago when we still had Carroll. it wasnt great but i dont think it was bad last year I say average to good towards the end. this year i think it will be good.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patrick Dendy sucks.

who in the hell do you think you are?

You can bash TT, you can bash favre, but don't you ever....EVER say Patrick "The Future" Dendy SUCKS!

Oh....oh.....im so mad....oh man....oh....oh

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're going to go from god awful to playoff team quality in 1 season because we got Aaron Rouse and Frank Walker?

I don't like to be pessimistic about the Packers, but come the **** on...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and a year of maturity from THE FUTURE

he was THE PRESENT, but now hes THE FUTURE

we'll get more DBs, id bet my pinky toe on it.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God awful? More like middle of the pack, with a poor start and a strong finish. 17th in the league in passing yards allowed.

I have no freaking clue who is going to win the SS job. To have 3 potential starters vying for the spot kind of blows my mind. What happened to the days of Jue as our backup safety???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We're going to go from god awful to playoff team quality in 1 season because we got Aaron Rouse and Frank Walker?

I don't like to be pessimistic about the Packers, but come the **** on...

Start of the season had a huge factor in this, along with how the coaches tohught KGB was perfect...

After the horrible start, this is how the Pack faired in a few stats..

4th in sacks
4th in Def tds
14th in FF
3rd in int

We all know the start of the season they stunk like a vikings fan in the summer, but they turned it around..

I think if anythign the D is/can be lot better

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
The biggest thing about the secondary was they got inconsistant play from the safeties... unless that improves... we will still give up the big plays... which leads people to think the overall unit was subpar...

Hopefully someone steps up to be the QB of the secondary... Can Collins mature... maybe...

Until we get consistant play back there big plays are going to happen and tait the solid play elsewhere..

Members online

Latest posts