Seattle Fiasco Revisited...

toolkien

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I assume most people might just as well prefer moving on over the egregiously blown call in Seattle, but now with the Bears loss, if the call was made correctly the Packers are the #2 seed instead of the #5 seed as things stand right now. That's huge. It's the difference that the Packers cannot afford to make any mistakes between here and the end of the year, or else they will slip out of the playoffs altogether. As of now, they do have Strength of Victory on their side if it comes to a 3+ tie breaker, like in 2010. But that's about it. And 4-3 the rest of the way, which to me is possible given the injuries, just might not get it done. That blown call will hound the team through the rest of the year. Instead of sitting relatively pretty, with 11-5 a reasonable record going 4-3 the rest of the way, the Packers are on the boarder line. All due to an imbecile who had no reason to be on a professional football field. There is no way that the big leagues should ever be in the hands of completely overwhelmed idiots. But then one look at the commissioner and the consortium of crypt keeper owners and it makes a little more sense. And another reason to get a frequent shopper card at The Hobby Lobby.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time to put that behind us.

We are in control of our own destiny. We can win the division.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep in mind that a first round bye and homefield is no sure path to the Super Bowl. There's something to be said for late-season momentum, which we have certainly learned the last two years.

Reaction score
I feel that with the winning streak the Pack is on and the timeliness of the bye for the Packers, have them gaining momentum for the 2nd half of the season. I feel that the Packers could win the division and keep rolling right through the playoffs. Just my .02

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Move on, sure, but definitely not forgotten, and won't be forgotten until the football gods make it right.

That said, let's not forget we choked away a 21-3 halftime lead in what should have been a pretty easy win against Indy. If we don't choke that game away, we're first in our division at this stage in the season as well. We've been in control of their destiny since that debacle and need to work a little harder to make sure that game is irrelevant. There are no excuses and with 5 divisional games coming up, we have total control over where we end our season.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
bear in mind what happened the last two times the packers were seeded highly vs seeded fifth or sixth

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as they get into the playoffs it shouldn't be a prob. Now the front office will disagree as extra games really help the packers bottom line

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless, our recorded after 16 games will be tainted. Where we end up and the path we take will still not follow the same script as if that game were registered as a win. The league should have had enough guts to overturn what happened and award the Packers the victory and the Seahawks a defeat. But they did not and won't admit to their fallibility by using replacement refs.

Mason_in_the_uk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. I've been following the Pack since 2004. I hope no one minds me commenting here.

I watched this game in horror as to how badly we played. Yes the final call was wrong but I felt agrieved by the way the team played for the best part of 60 minutes. Games should be won comfortably, if not upsets like this will happen.

Standing by to be shot at!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. I've been following the Pack since 2004. I hope no one minds me commenting here.

I watched this game in horror as to how badly we played. Yes the final call was wrong but I felt agrieved by the way the team played for the best part of 60 minutes. Games should be won comfortably, if not upsets like this will happen.

If anyone minded, why would they be on a message board?

You are correct. We should have played better than we did so that it didn't come down to the last play. I disagree, though, that games should be won comfortably. If we won every game comfortably there is a problem in the NFL and it would no longer be enjoyable. Imagine watching a horse race and one horse knows how to drive a Lamborghini and wins every race by a 1/2 mile. It would get boring, quickly.

Mason_in_the_uk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you! My other passion is rugby but the fans of my club do not appreciate critisism of the team at all so I just covered myself.

You make a good point about being boring so I will rephrase myself. Perhaps we should have played better so as not to have relied on the defense to come up with the crucial play.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you! My other passion is rugby but the fans of my club do not appreciate critisism of the team at all so I just covered myself.

You make a good point about being boring so I will rephrase myself. Perhaps we should have played better so as not to have relied on the defense to come up with the crucial play.

We have a Mason guy that can't kick field goals. Do you know any rugby kickers over there that can hit a 30 yard field goal?;)

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Boo... We got hosed on a number of calls before that hail mary. No reason the game should have come down to the final play like that.

Oh, goodie, another thread complaining about the Seattle game!

-Don't mind if I do!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mason_in_the_uk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes we have a few good rugby players who can kick from 50 yards +. Toby Flood, Freddie Burns etc, a rugby ball is bigger though so it may be tricky!

May I just say how much fun thisforum is, with the above shooting pic giving me a good chuckle.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a big chunk of fans who aren't posting lately because the Packers are doing well. It only takes one loss and they will be back here posting how TT is to blame and coaches should be fired. Just the way it is. They not only approve of criticism, I think their enjoyment of following the Packers is primarily to ***** about anything negative.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Hey... welcome aboard. Why would you be shot at? No one's opinion is worth any more than the next guy's. I'm with you on the poor play in the first half at Seattle to be sure. Thing is that the Pack were able to stay in it enough to win it and didn't due to "one of those things". What a lot of fans fail to recognize is that it wasn't necessarily the Pack's perceived poor play alone that kept Seattle in that game. I believe that McCarthy and Capers were out coached and the Seattle defense is no slouch outfit. The other guys get paid to play too. I guess that if you put yourself in a position to lose on the last play of the game, you can't bellyache too much when you lose on the last play of the game. A "W" in that game would have been darned nice though.

12theTruth

There is a big chunk of fans who aren't posting lately because the Packers are doing well. It only takes one loss and they will be back here posting how TT is to blame and coaches should be fired. Just the way it is. They not only approve of criticism, I think their enjoyment of following the Packers is primarily to ***** about anything negative.

I work with a couple people that don't really have a favorite NFL team, the only thing about football they enjoy is fantasy football, but were the first ones to make needling remarks when the Packers lost a game. Gotta love the haters without a vested interest.

I also work with a few like you describe, I don't engage in football conversations with that element.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, the Fail Mary cost us a 1st-Rd. bye, forcing us to win an extra game and go on the road to SF. Given we controlled our own destiny for the 1st-rd. bye yesterday and didn't take advantage, this stings a bit less. But, it's still worth noting.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correction: Our collapse against the Colts cost us...or the lack of tackling AP cost us....or the lack of....you get my point. The "Fail Mary" ticked me off as well but it by no means cost us the bye single handly.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correction: Our collapse against the Colts cost us...or the lack of tackling AP cost us....or the lack of....you get my point. The "Fail Mary" ticked me off as well but it by no means cost us the bye single handly.
. . . except - we won the Seattle game. The reason we were not credited with a win is because a referee did not understand the rule. The clock expired, and instead of an interception, a TD was called - AFTER the game was over.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
. . . except - we won the Seattle game. The reason we were not credited with a win is because a referee did not understand the rule. The clock expired, and instead of an interception, a TD was called - AFTER the game was over.

I understand and agree...but to hang the loss of a bye on that mistake is a little much. We lost games we shouldn't have. Moving forward we'll see how it plays out...

Members online

Latest posts