Seating Space at Lambeau

WizeGuy33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought I'd use this opportunity to rant about something, and I was wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar.

I was present at the GB vs. MIN playoff game a couple weekends ago. I had an isle seat, which I like. As I get to my row, I notice that there isn't much more than 2 inches for me to place my *** on the bleacher. About 4 seats in, I look in and see a man some 400+ lbs. who is undoubtedly taking up 2 bleacher seats, inevitably ******** me out of a seat. I had to spend the game sitting in the isle or standing up; it was miserable. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar.

I guess this also brings up another issue. I'm not about to say that those who are extremely overweight should buy 2 seats. But, if your butt takes up 2 seats, please keep in mind the guy who gets forced out into the isle because of it. There is no butt-size limit in place out of respect for you, so it would be much appreciated if you showed respect in return for the others around you. How? That's for you to decide. I'm just letting you know that I'm the guy that paid $100 to sit on peanut shells and chewing tobacco so you could be comfortable.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
at last yr's opener vs min, we had a couple big guys in our row but we were there very early so it was someone else that got shafted out of their spot.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a 300lb guy I was definitely squished in the Lambeau Bleachers. It was hard to even drink my beer without elbowing the guy beside me, but I managed and tried not to take up too much space. WizeGuy remember you are watching football, a BIG mans game, and not soccer. :D

Later
Leopardmech

OP
OP
W

WizeGuy33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
leopardmech said:
As a 300lb guy I was definitely squished in the Lambeau Bleachers. It was hard to even drink my beer without elbowing the guy beside me, but I managed and tried not to take up too much space. WizeGuy remember you are watching football, a BIG mans game, and not soccer. :D

Later
Leopardmech

BIG men should be playing football and watching soccer. Little men should be wacthing football and playing soccer.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BIG men should be playing football and watching soccer. Little men should be wacthing football and playing soccer.
Sorry man I can't watch soccer without falling asleep I guess you will just have to make room for us big guys.

Later
Leopardmech

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've had the same problem whenever I've come up to Lambeau and when I came up to the playoff game against the Vikes, the problem was worsened by everyone wearing all their large winter coats. I spent most of the game sitting at a slight angle to avoid the crush. I don't really mind the inconvenience though, because it IS Lambeau field and to be able to come up to games from North Carolina is worth its weight in gold and a life long dream of mine. Now if I were to ***** about anything, it would be the mens bathroom situation. Like most of the fans, I like to use halftime to take the opportunity to relieve my bladder from the pregame beers, but during the playoff game the lines were so long and slow I didn't make it back to my seat until well into the third quarter. Since they just sunk $300,000,000.00 into the place, I don't see them fixing the problem anytime soon, but it seems the least they could do is put television monitors in there so that we don't miss the action.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year I remember seeing on TV where some very overweight lady was suing an airline for embarrassing her. She was so overweight that she took up half the seat next to her, so the airline charged her for 2 seats. She claimed the airline embarrassed her by charging her for two seats with people watching and that she shouldn't have to pay for 2 seats. I wonder what she would say if she had to sit between 2 people her exact same size on an airplane in coach seats? There is no way triplets her size could fit in 3 coach seats.

They have those things for kids at amusement parks that say if you are not this tall you can't go on the ride. Maybe they should make something for people to walk through that says if you can't make it through, you can't sit in the seat :D

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
leopardmech said:
Maybe they should make something for people to walk through that says if you can't make it through, you can't sit in the seat
HEY NOW without us big guys where would football be. :lol:

Later
Leopardmech

True. There is no easy answer, because I can understand both points of view.

Gravedigger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The skinny seats are just one more indicator of how little Harlan thinks of the fans. $300 million renovation but not chair seating for everyone? Is loco no?

We rent the seat backs or bring our own.

:cry:

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gravedigger said:
The skinny seats are just one more indicator of how little Harlan thinks of the fans. $300 million renovation but not chair seating for everyone? Is loco no?

We rent the seat backs or bring our own.

:cry:

i don't think it has anything to do with not caring for the fans. it's maintaining the original bowl structure.

Sandra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WizeGuy33 said:
I thought I'd use this opportunity to rant about something, and I was wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar.

I was present at the GB vs. MIN playoff game a couple weekends ago. I had an isle seat, which I like. As I get to my row, I notice that there isn't much more than 2 inches for me to place my *** on the bleacher. About 4 seats in, I look in and see a man some 400+ lbs. who is undoubtedly taking up 2 bleacher seats, inevitably ******** me out of a seat. I had to spend the game sitting in the isle or standing up; it was miserable. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar.

I think I sat next to that guy at the Monday Night Packers-squashed-the-Rams-game.. He was really nice though. I felt bad for him and my brother, another large man, because there was an elderly couple sitting on the end who were b****ing up a storm because everyone was so squashed into the row. Isn't that part of the Lambeau experience? You need to do it to keep warm!! :pals:

Members online

Latest posts