Seahawks Open To Trading Former First-rounder Lb Curry

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a possibility according to Bob McGinn of the MJS. If we gave up a 5th or less, I'd be OK with it. My guess is that Ted sees some pass-rushing ability from him and sees him as a potential answer to the OLB spot opposite Clay. It's an intriguing option.
I'd be ecstatic as hell if we got the guy at a bargain price like that.
Kevin Greene would work wonders with this guy.

I knew he was overhyped and overrated going into that draft, as he wasn't a top-5 type of guy. He and AJ Hawk were ILBers taken too high.

But I think Curry could transition to a solid OLB on our team.

I'd dismiss this 100% quickly, but if McGinn said what he said, there's a chance.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
I'd be ecstatic as hell if we got the guy at a bargain price like that.
Kevin Greene would work wonders with this guy.

I knew he was overhyped and overrated going into that draft, as he wasn't a top-5 type of guy. He and AJ Hawk were ILBers taken too high.

But I think Curry could transition to a solid OLB on our team.

I'd dismiss this 100% quickly, but if McGinn said what he said, there's a chance.

At this point, I'm for it. He can't be any worse than Walden.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be. 31st in the league isn't good either but I think it is going to improve as they adjust and adapt to being without Jenkins and Collins.

You were expecting pass rush from Collins? The adjustment?? Yeah 31st isn't good. :rolleyes:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
You were expecting pass rush from Collins? The adjustment?? Yeah 31st isn't good. :rolleyes:

No, not Collins so much at pass rush! But losing him at safety offset the balance of the D, thusly affecting the pass rush. I like to think of the D as functioning as a unit. When you lose a link, it messes up the whole chain. Again, I think they will only improve. I trust the genius of Dom capers and there is also the possibility TT will pull the defensive version of Starks out of his magic hat late the season. I got faith in this D.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't let this go Kitten, we didn't have a pass rush before Collins or since he got hurt. Are you telling me we can't rush the passer because we lost a safety?

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I think what she is saying is that Collins in coverage forced quarterbacks to hold the ball slightly longer which did in fact lead to more sacks, but I don't want to put words in Kitten's mouth; she is perfectly capable of explaining herself. If this is what she is saying I would have to agree -- our less effective coverage has led to less pressure on QB's and fewer sacks. Kitten is exactly right -- it is not 11 individuals, it is a team, a unit.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But in all seriousness, you've got to agree with kitten on this, unless the situation is incredibly bad you probably aren't going to see an in season trade from TT. They like the guys they have now, and to be honest the pass rush hasn't been atrocious. Not great, but not absolutely unacceptable. Give Wynn a few more weeks to get some more chances, So'oto was looking good in preseason. If we have <19 sacks by the halfway point of the year then maybe something needs to be adressed, give it due time. Hell maybe even Neal can prove us all wrong this year yet.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what she is saying is that Collins in coverage forced quarterbacks to hold the ball slightly longer which did in fact lead to more sacks, but I don't want to put words in Kitten's mouth; she is perfectly capable of explaining herself. If this is what she is saying I would have to agree -- our less effective coverage has led to less pressure on QB's and fewer sacks. Kitten is exactly right -- it is not 11 individuals, it is a team, a unit.

This is what I was leading to, but I like the way you worded it. Every player on that defense serves a unique purpose. Because we are talking about the pass rush here, I'll try and limit it to that. An effective safety like Collins will enable other players, Matthews, Woodson, Walden and such to get to rush the passer and it yields to a higher rate of sacks. To say it doesn't deeply undermines the role the safety plays on the D. The players directly involved in the pass rush are often assisted by other players that are indirectly involved in the pass rush.

Hopefully that makes more sense in explaining what I was getting at with Collins.

I stand by my earlier statement that our pass rush is not as bad as we fear. The problem is fixable and in all probability is being addressed by Capers as we sit analyzing this. I look to Peprah to help fill the void at safety left by Collins.

Another thing to consider is when a player is out due to injury and a backup/ replacement player comes in, it offsets the teams chemistry to some degree. The Packers play with amazing chemistry, the offense almost seems telepathic. Give our D time, I think by the end of the season, going into the playoffs that this discussion will be but a faded memory.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are really making a case for our pass defense rather than pass rush. In your original statement you said didn't believe our pass rush was that bad. That was the point I was making. Btw, pass rush benefits the linebackers and DB's more than the other way around. Also, I must again point out that I didn't see any difference when Collins was playing. When we get an effective pass rush we won't have to worry about Peprah so much. I think it is a reach to say our pass rush is suffering because of Collins loss. Haven't seen a single article that puts the onus on Collins for the lack of not getting to the QB.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are really making a case for our pass defense rather than pass rush. In your original statement you said didn't believe our pass rush was that bad. That was the point I was making. Btw, pass rush benefits the linebackers and DB's more than the other way around. Also, I must again point out that I didn't see any difference when Collins was playing. When we get an effective pass rush we won't have to worry about Peprah so much.

Zombo must of decided to come back to the Pack just to make you happy! That should help our pass rush out a bit! I understand what you are saying in terms me stating our pass rush is not that bad, sorry to of deviated from the original point. May I rephrase and say I don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be? I do think it's the weakest area/ aspect of the team, but one in which will be improved upon. Therefore I don't worry over it as much as if it were some catastrophic flaw.

The other argument I was presenting is I think the pass rush is assisted by other positions, such as safety. Sacks themselves are rarely unassisted.

So what do you think is wrong with the pass rush and what do you think the team can do to fix it? Do you lay the blame solely at the feet of the linebackers and DBacks? Or do you think something else is amiss?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts