1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Scott Walker, Unions, the bill, protesting

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by ivo610, Feb 17, 2011.

1. PackersPete

PackersPete Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    So let me see if I have this straight...this coward is pissed that he didn't get a chance to debate his Union puppetmaster's "voice of reason"? HA! That's hilarious! Banning a legal product in private establishments and a 40 TRILLION dollar insurance overhaul bill didn't get the chance to be debated. Why should this be treated any different? Oh wait! I know the answer....I'll take Liberal Elitist Scumbags for the win, Alex....:angry2:
  2. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +163 / 3 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    This is it in a nutshell. The fat, loud mouth union reps will have to go back to work and they are furious.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 59 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    Right, and most of those people voted for the guy anyway so they don't have a right to even bitch about Omabacare.

I'm proud to live in Texas and far away from the blueness of Minny, Wisconsin, and California. It's no wonder why those states are so financially effed-up.

Meanwhile, my area here in the DFW burbs continues to grow.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,518 / 86 / -26
    Minn and Wi have lower unemployment than Texas though. Plus it doesnt hurt my lungs when I step outside.
  5. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 59 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    My lungs hurt in MN and WI anytime I'd step outside in December, January, February and part of March.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. marco69

marco69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The new TV add is misleading. The Republicans are giving tax breaks to the rich and sticking it to the working people once again. The protest is not about raises and free pensions (the unions are willing to give on those), it is about busting the teacher and other unions. Police, fire, and prison workers unions are opposed, I think - at least some members are at the protests.

Only five states don't have teacher collective bargaining because they prohibit it by law. They are at the very bottom in Average SAT and ACT scores. Is that what you want for WI?

What are your WI taxes anyway? The average is under 6% of taxable income, that's after deductions and exemptions. What is busting the unions going to save anybody?

If you are against the Scott Walker bill, it is very important that you BE AT THE CAPITAL this weekend. He said he thinks the protest is dwindling. It looked like it on Tue and Wed.

We need it to be like Cairo! If we don't get out at least a couple UW football game's worth (that's 80,000 x 2), it will look bad.

It is hard to park downtown when there is a crowd. Busses will be full, so come early. If you are coming in from out of town, the transfer points or the big malls should be good places to start. The one-way fare is
    Base Fare $2.00
    Youth Fare*(5-17 or still in high school) $1.25
    Disabled/Senior Citizen Fare* (65 and Over) $1.00
    Children (Children 4 and under - WITH Chaperone) FREE
    Check out cityofmadison.com/metro/planyourtrip/
    for routes.
    Or, take a cab - Union Cab 242-2000

You can sleep in the capital building. It will be loud so move away from the crowd to sleep. It is warm in there. There is water and bathrooms. The great Ian's Pizza and others are providing food and drinks but bring some energy food.

Go Pack!
    Kill the bill!
    Day 11 - 2/24/11
  7. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +643 / 0 / -0
    Wow. I think I just tuned in to Pimp My Rally!

Are you a football fan, or did you sign up just for that?
  8. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +925 / 16 / -9
    No one will EVER mistake me for a liberal democrat. However, I know Gordon Hintz - he did not go to Illinois to 'hide out'. He is the Wisconsin ASSEMBLYMAN (not Wisconsin Senator) for the district in which I reside. I didn't vote for him.

Gordon Hintz is pissed off about the manner in which this whole ordeal is being handled by Walker and his handlers. He is more pissed off about the two BIGGER issues that are included in this bill which have little or NOTHING to do with Public Employees pay scales and bennies. If you haven't read and disseminated the entire bill - you're working off of raw emotion only. This is what Walker and his handlers (the guys really calling the shots here) banked on. Attach the two other issues to an emotion-laden bill and hope and pray that no one notices the other two big money issues. Read the entire bill and then come popping off. At least be informed commentators.